Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What names do you usually use for your ships in games?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 1:13:18 PM
Since it will be possible to name ship classes in ES it would be nice to see some ideas. I usually name mine after Japanese WWII ships, so these are the names I generally use: Akagi, Yamato, Koga, Soryu, Shokaku, Musashi...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 1:15:13 PM
Moons in our solar system.

Io, Puck, Enceladus, Mimas, Europa, Rhea, Ariel, Phobos, Iapetus, Titan, Titania, Ganymede, Phoebe, Triton, Tethys, Dione...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 1:24:11 PM
What comes to my mind.

This would be something like normal...

()V hhhhhhhhhbfv vkj *purrrrr*

Damn that cat

Why cant she leave me alone while im gaming.

No honey, I dont want to take out the trash

Why cant she just help out by giving me some whisky

OMG... not the phone

DAMNIT I forgot to turn off the cellphone...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 1:33:28 PM
mi ships are tiny boy, boy and big boy. And bad ass! that is the bigest ships
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 6:59:05 PM
As for me it's not important what name. I'm using standard, which game proposes me.

In other cases I named ships regardless their function and weapon. Something like this - System defense ship with heavy lasers -> DefShip(HLas)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 7:38:48 PM
I either use some mythological name, a japanese word/latin word, or a very simple structured code style name to identify the ship's purpose and weaponry instantly at a glance.

On special situations though i will name something important after something from a game i hold fond memories of... sigh.... something like Magus, or Nall :P.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 7:07:45 PM
I like to give them very clear names, depending of the ask they were build for. "Defender", "First Line", "Big-ass gun in your face" "f**k you Hivers". I do it since i sent a full colony fleet on the ennemy homeworld, thinking they were bombers. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 7:10:36 PM
Shenzen wrote:
I like to give them very clear names, depending of the ask they were build for. "Defender", "First Line", "Big-ass gun in your face" "f**k you Hivers". I do it since i sent a full colony fleet on the ennemy homeworld, thinking they were bombers. smiley: stickouttongue

LOL, thats just hilarious... ive done the same thing in many games... like sending in a main or sec. hero in heros without the army... or forgot the heavyhitters and attacking with cannonfodder in space empires etc...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 7:56:02 PM
Anything that ends with: -(a)tor (colonisator, destructor, dominator...)

Sorry for that :/

(and i give girl names to tanks since Close Combat 3)

(Sorry for that too)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 2:27:15 PM
I use most of the time default names, but when i rename my ships from Imperial Star Destroyers
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 5:36:42 PM
I always love to use British navy names.

HMS invincible, always has a nice ring to it.

And always there has to be at least one named Enterprise.

Can't play a space game without that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 27, 2012, 1:51:14 AM
I'm pretty bland. I tend to keep things simple: Corvette, Corvette Mk 2, Corvette Mk 3 and so forth.

However, if I had to, I'd theme my ships around various animals. Cougar class corvette. Elephant class dreadnought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 30, 2012, 10:48:14 AM
Same here. The role name and a number to control the tech applied to it (Destroyer Mk1, Destroyer Mk2, etc) I only name the ships that have survived a big battle, or have acomplished something special, and usually with crushing names (Hammer, Anvil, etc)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 1, 2012, 10:03:39 AM
I usually go with a function for the ship depending on it's function and whatever the bulk of the equipment is: Planet Bomber, Ship Destroyer, Shielder, Monster Destroyer, etc... In MOO2, I usually only gave special name to ships when they had a commander onboard or something much less generic than the rest of the flleet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 1, 2012, 11:14:28 AM
I usually just go for "Destroyer", "Cruiser", Battle Cruiser" etc although I always called my ships packed with assault shuttles "Hunter". If a game starts to get personal my names get more dramatic. There have been a few games when i've been spamming "Hope" class warships. Sometimes works out, sometimes doesn't:eek:
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 1, 2012, 3:03:12 PM
I use various names, from solar system planets to fantasy name with with a sign like ISS-2554 smiley: smile

For Example : ISS Neptune 4785 / ISS Gemini 5992
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 1, 2012, 8:25:21 PM
I usually use famous battles, commanders, rulers, weapons, and sci fi characters and writers, like SFS Asimov, SFS Heinlein, SFS Seldon, SFS Trantor, SFS Mua'dib
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment