Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What names do you usually use for your ships in games?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:22:07 PM
I usually name them based on their usage and i try to keep them simple. like colony ships come under C-1,-2... and destroyers as D-L-1 for destroyer-laser-1. boring yes, but useful when you have several ships and several variants. but i must admit

"Big-ass gun in your face" "f**k you Hivers". sound a lot more fun !!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
Lately I have been naming them after the heroes that are in charge of the fleet because I don't have fleets if there isn't a hero to look over them. I am finding that two or three highly developed modern fleets are sufficient so far in my game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:07:35 PM
I really like the amoebas so I looked for bacteria toxics that work like the weaponary system and name the ships after the bacterias (or plants) that use them. Unfortunately I wanted a ships class for every weapon system with every (useful) tonnage, but 3*4 = 12 types of ships exceeds the frame of ten possible ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 1:48:44 AM
It depends entirely on the faction that I'm playing.

For the custom faction that I favor the most, I use the ship names from my novel (that I'm writing) that the faction's name comes from.

Transport: The APC

Corvette: Valkyrie

Destroyer: Falcon

Cruiser: Vanguard

Battleship: Nova

Dreadnought: Seraphim
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 5, 2012, 7:20:26 PM
I usually name mine after either shipclasses taken from the Swedish Navy or gods from the greek mythology. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment