Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[poll] What is your favorite board game of all time?

Monopoly
Candy Land
Battleship
Clue/Cluedo
Life
Chutes & Ladders/Snakes & Ladders
Trouble
Sorry
Parcheesi
Other, Please Explain in Thread
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:40:22 AM
What is or was your favorite board game of all time? Mine was the 1979 Parker Brothers game Stop Thief! It was SO cool with it's electronic crime scanner - you could hear the thief via sound clues walking around, opening doors, breaking windows and such and you had to track the thief's movements and capture him. To me it was like really being there and hunting down the thief - me and my brother played for hours as kids. It made Clue feel so 2-dimensional. Incidentally, Clue was my NEXT favorite game. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:01:08 AM
I liked Clue but their was another that one of my friends I think it was called House on Haunted Hill where you play a grope of friends exploring a haunted house the board was made up of separate room tiles and had a book of different scenarios you have to complete determined by what cards were played last and one of the players turns traitor and tries to kill/harm the others and the other players have to stop them (for example you could be turned by Dracula and now you have to kill or turn the other players before dawn). It was elaborate but awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:07:03 AM
stevenmc409 wrote:
I liked Clue but their was another that one of my friends I think it was called House on Haunted Hill where you play a grope of friends exploring a haunted house the board was made up of separate room tiles and had a book of different scenarios you have to complete determined by what cards were played last and one of the players turns traitor and tries to kill/harm the others and the other players have to stop them (for example you could be turned by Dracula and now you have to kill or turn the other players before dawn). It was elaborate but awesome.

I believe it was called Betrayal at House on the Hill by Avalon Hill. I never played it but it sounds like an awesome game that might be up my alley since I love mystery-type games. Days of Wonder has a line of Adventure Board Games that include several mystery type games that look totally awesome and that I'd like to try one of these days.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:59:40 AM
stevenmc409 wrote:

Betrayal at the house on the hill ! An awesome Game. But today there's so much good new boardgames. The list of the poll don't reflect at all what are the boardgames nowadays.

The boardgames I prefer are Defenders of the realm, Chaos in the old world, Twilight Imperium 3, Age of Renaissance and Gears of War.

For those that want to grab what are boardgames today : http://boardgamegeek.com/
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 6:15:15 AM
Monopoly , thought i haven't touched it for a long time , i have noone really to play with anymore , ain't so kiddy anymore Q_Q
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 8:23:49 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
Betrayal at the house on the hill ! An awesome Game. But today there's so much good new boardgames. The list of the poll don't reflect at all what are the boardgames nowadays.

The boardgames I prefer are Defenders of the realm, Chaos in the old world, Twilight Imperium 3, Age of Renaissance and Gears of War.

For those that want to grab what are boardgames today : http://boardgamegeek.com/

Seconded, same for me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 10:04:16 AM
Monopoly. I have played it about a million times.

But i haven´t played for 2 or3 years because there is no one to play with me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 11:19:00 AM
I love monopoly but its such a long game that nobody wants to play it. I also like playing Life but nobody takes the game seriously.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 11:37:41 AM
Last night on earth is my board game of choice, but I suppose the way it plays would mean it is only loosely a board game. Ticket to ride and Risk are recent games I have been playing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:37:24 PM
Raptor wrote:
Never played a board game. So I guess I'll vote "other".

Are you kidding ? Seriously ? How come someone can become a gamer without ever having touched a boardgame ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:51:40 PM
I don't know if this counts (and if it doesn't, it should smiley: stickouttongue), but I voted other for Chess.

Other than that, the only other board game I really play anymore is Arkham Horror, when my friends and I decide we want to spend an entire day playing it, and every less occasionally, Risk.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 6:51:23 PM
craigbic wrote:
Yeah I'll admit I forgot about Risk and chess. Sorry.

Heh, it's fine, most people forget about chess. I still surprise people around campus when I tell them that, yes, we do have a chess club.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 6:54:34 PM
Monopoly, but also other because I love playing chess!

Well, when I'm playing against my friends, they're all terrible and I get to win all the time! But its funny because they still think they can win, I'm sure one day they will but not this day!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 8:04:46 PM
craigbic wrote:
I believe it was called Betrayal at House on the Hill by Avalon Hill. I never played it but it sounds like an awesome game that might be up my alley since I love mystery-type games. Days of Wonder has a line of Adventure Board Games that include several mystery type games that look totally awesome and that I'd like to try one of these days.

Yeah that was its name like I said great game and like 6 or 7 scenarios were based on Lovecraft stories. It is so much fun when you have the max number of players.

I would also second the people who like Risk and Chess although I liked Betrayal at House on the Hill better.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment