Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[poll] What is your favorite board game of all time?

Monopoly
Candy Land
Battleship
Clue/Cluedo
Life
Chutes & Ladders/Snakes & Ladders
Trouble
Sorry
Parcheesi
Other, Please Explain in Thread
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:38:48 AM
There are so many awesome board games today that I cannot possibly decide on an all time favorite.. I like Twilight Imperium, A Game of Thrones and Battle Ship Galactica a lot. But there are many other equally awesome games. In general I prefer board games that rely as little as possible on luck. I love the way battles are handled in game of thrones. Actually the battles in ES are quite similiar. If Twilight Imperium had a similiar battle system I'd love the game even more. (I bet there are some fan-mods regards that.)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 2:44:54 PM
My brother and I played mystery board games (various ones - just about any available), Monopoly, Life, and Scrabble. I played Trouble, Sorry, Parcheesi with other family members. I've only played Risk like twice in my life so I forgot to put it on the list despite it's obvious popularity. I apologize for that. Please keep in mind we only have 10 option slots max for a poll and had to make decisions as to what games to include and couldn't make the poll into a summation of all the popular board games around. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 3:50:23 PM
craigbic wrote:
My brother and I played mystery board games (various ones - just about any available), Monopoly, Life, and Scrabble. I played Trouble, Sorry, Parcheesi with other family members. I've only played Risk like twice in my life so I forgot to put it on the list despite it's obvious popularity. I apologize for that. Please keep in mind we only have 10 option slots max for a poll and had to make decisions as to what games to include and couldn't make the poll into a summation of all the popular board games around. smiley: frown

It's alright, I was just a bit surprised because Risk is a classic and it's also one that ressembles a 4x game the most (I'm talking classic boardgames here, I know new ones came out in the past 10 years but I'm not aware of them and they probably aren't as well known either). I wasn't aware of the 10 slots limit either.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 11:22:08 PM
Pente is my favourite. Basically you need to try to get five in a row or try to capture five stone pairs of your opponent by surrounding them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 11:38:11 PM
Astra wrote:
I also liked Monopoly in some of its different themes -- Disney Monopoly, Star Wars Monopoly.

Pokemon monopoly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 12:24:36 AM
Woodface wrote:
Pente is my favourite. Basically you need to try to get five in a row or try to capture five stone pairs of your opponent by surrounding them.

Seriously?

googles

Haha, wow. I had no idea it even existed. Now I want to buy that.

See? This is why I like Monopoly. smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:48:00 AM
Ooo... favorite board game... I think I have to go with Twilight Imperium III. Followed closely by Arkham Horror. It is just too bad that I never have the time to play these epic-long games. smiley: frown

H.P.Winrarsauce wrote:
Risk, I love that game.

Speaking of all the Risk love in this thread, anyone here checked out Risk Legacy?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 1:57:55 AM
I've got to love a bit of Risk, even though I inevitably suck at it.

I am not good with dice... fate is set against me.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment