Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[poll] What is your favorite board game of all time?

Monopoly
Candy Land
Battleship
Clue/Cluedo
Life
Chutes & Ladders/Snakes & Ladders
Trouble
Sorry
Parcheesi
Other, Please Explain in Thread
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 4:49:55 PM
Scrabble, every year at christmas head over to the parents and get beaten by my brother, always smiley: frown Fate is against me on that one lol!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 6:13:15 PM
Colonists of Catan (if it's called that in English), Carcasonne, Stratego
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:40:24 PM
Hephi wrote:
Colonists of Catan (if it's called that in English), Carcasonne, Stratego

Settlers of Catan, I think it is. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:30:46 PM
Othello is mine. My missus doesn't play with me anymore though, something about never winning...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 1:31:12 PM
Social-Pariah wrote:
Settlers of Catan, I think it is. smiley: biggrin

I just picked up Settlers of Catan and it has, in just 3 days, become my families favorite game to play together!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 10:03:28 PM
Twilight Imperium, Risk and Arkham Horror for me. Scrabble and Trivial pursuit get the vote for more traditional board games though
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 1:02:40 AM
I keep hearing Arkham Horror come up - I might have to add that to my list of games to get.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 4:48:44 PM
IanVanCheese wrote:
It's a great game, almost impossible to win though lol.

No. It's alsmost impossible not to win -___- when you know a little about it. You need the extensions to play a harder game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 7:20:04 PM
Lol speak for yourself, my last game consisted of me walking outside, being cursed by an old man, attacked by a monster that sent me to another dimension and then when I returned I promtly went crazy and spent the rest of the game in and around the looney bin fighting zombies with dynamite before being killed by cthulu. Cool game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 7:54:40 PM
Some locations have a higher chance of opening gates. Seal them as soon as you can and you'll have a hard time losing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 10:28:50 PM
Monopoly of course smiley: biggrin.

I had a 120hour game in monopoly against my best friend XD.

So much money so no money in the bank but extra money in a paper :O.

When we needed to pay, we launched 2 dices, and pay Price * "dices sum"

x)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 5:14:34 AM
Gawd, I can't STAND Monopoly! Roll your dice, move the mice - land on my property and I delight in your misery! Play for hours and everybody hates each other. Too much conflict, little to no strategy, and just plain not fun. IMO
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 11:50:21 PM
Hmm, Stratego and Chess bring back some memories if you are going for the classics. On the more recent side, my wife and I occasionally play Risk and Axis and Allies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 12:55:55 PM
Leatherneck2382 wrote:
Hmm, Stratego and Chess bring back some memories if you are going for the classics. On the more recent side, my wife and I occasionally play Risk and Axis and Allies.

I've only ever played one or two games of Risk - it seemed ok - and I had Axis and Allies as a kid but could never get anyone to play with me. I guess it seemed too complicated for them. I particularly like mystery-type games - Clue, Stop Thief (one of my personal favorites), and Electronic Detective (still have this one). I guess my brother and I really liked the gimmicky electronic board games too - my favorite electronic board game was Dark Tower.

I guess I'm really dating myself with some of the games I mentioned! smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 6:38:11 PM
Axis and Allies.

Some friends and I could have an all weekend match of domination..... good times.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 12:03:06 PM
My family and I are now getting serious about Settlers of Catan - my kids are constantly asking to play it and I now have the Traders & Barbarians expansion and I have a set of plexiglass border pieces for the board to keep it all in place since it took like one game to figure out the borders that came with Settlers were curling and were not going to work!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment