Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Elder Scrolls / Oblivion / Skyrim

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 12:03:02 AM
I only played Oblivion, but Skyrim is completely out of reach for me. my computer don´t have the spec to run it. T____T

But i played inthe Xbux of my friend and i loved it! \o/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 11:12:08 PM
Love the Elder Scrolls games. Started with Morrowind and conquered it. Oblivion came next, now I'm losing many hours of my life to Skyrim, but im okay with that. Love the Dawngaurd expansion, built my own house too with the hearthfire add on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 10:36:37 PM
I really dislike the Elder Scrolls games, personally. I tried Oblivion for like an hour, and I didn't really enjoy it at all. The UI and gameplay seemed very... "clunky"? I think that's the word I'm looking for. I like RPG games, too, like Diablo and Dragon Age and I especially loved Knights of the Old Republic, but Oblivion simply wasn't for me. I also don't like Fallout, and I hear they're on the same engine, so you draw your own conclusions about that one.

I'll solemnly admit, though, that Skyrim did catch my interest for a bit. It seemed like Oblivion, but actually appealing to me. In the end I decided not to get it, though, my personal excuse being that I like being a hipster, and it also kind of irks me how the game is so insanely popular. It even made Game of the Year on the VGAs, and it simply boggles my mind that a game that was so incredibly buggy/flawed (at the time of the awards) could even be nominated, and even then managed to beat more polished games like Portal, or other games.

Petty griping aside, I'm not saying the Elder Scrolls games are bad - I understand perfectly why people like them so much, they're simply not within my tastes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 10:16:44 PM
Didn't like Oblivion much - it was pretty and all but the story was quite bland. Skyrim is better, but the default UI is horrid.

I such a nostalgic, but I actually prefer the first three games. Especially Morrowind has a special place in my heart (and the Oblivion/Skyrim remakes of Morrowind of course)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 12:38:31 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Skyrim Nexus Mods - this site has almost everything!

Well i did my search and installed a couple of mods.

The max i could get from it was 12-14 fps on 640x480

there is no way. ç____ç
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 9:38:24 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Another entry to the list "things your GF should never hear of" smiley: biggrin

To be fair, my girlfriend would probably be the one who told me about it in the first place. And the one who wanted to go there to find out.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 9:27:48 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I hear the women make it worthwhile.

Another entry to the list "things your GF should never hear of" smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 8:53:44 PM
Madrox wrote:
Seriously, here on Brasil, everthing costs 2 or 3 times more due to the taxes...its a sacrifice to buy hardware here. D:

Wow, that must be some harsh taxes...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 8:40:48 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Allways the damn money smiley: roll

Seriously, here on Brasil, everthing costs 2 or 3 times more due to the taxes...its a sacrifice to buy hardware here. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 8:34:02 PM
Madrox wrote:
With a good power supply, i know he can do it! xD

The problem is the money. D:

Allways the damn money smiley: roll
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 8:20:58 PM
Tredecim wrote:
If the PC survives the new card, yes smiley: biggrin

With a good power supply, i know he can do it! xD

The problem is the money. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 7:59:37 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Or a decent graphics card.

If the PC survives the new card, yes smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 7:48:40 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Ouch... all i can do, is suggest you a brand-new PC :/

Or a decent graphics card.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 7:27:38 PM
Madrox wrote:
Well i did my search and installed a couple of mods.

The max i could get from it was 12-14 fps on 640x480

there is no way. ç____ç

Ouch... all i can do, is suggest you a brand-new PC :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 8:39:16 PM
Ok guys, I thought it was about time: Anybody else here, playing Skyrim (+ Dawnguard-Addon), or any of the other TES series?

I startet with Oblivion, a friend bought ma a copy + all the Addons (Shivering Isles, etc) - but then I went for Skyrim, played it a lot, met ES, got Dawnguard-Addon and finally ended up here. ( LvL 48+ Nord 1hand/shield comb.)

What's your impressions, thoughts?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 9:39:29 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Try to google something, you might find something interesting.

Skyrim Nexus Mods - this site has almost everything!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:

I will try...after i finish see Stargate movie. xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:43:45 PM
Madrox wrote:
Ah, i see...

Well, Skyrim have a bigger community (i believe), so there should have some mod that optimize the game to use the computer at his full potential. D:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:41:32 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
It wasn't a specifications issue, quite the opposite. The port wasn't optimized to actually use all of the components of a pc (you were stuck with the default resolution which was only like 1080x600 I think, it couldn't use multi-core processors, etc). I drew the comparison because, even though it's not the same issue, it shows how a community can modify a game to properly format it. I can only assume someone's done something similar to decrease the weight of Skyrim.

Ah, i see...

Well, Skyrim have a bigger community (i believe), so there should have some mod that optimize the game to use the computer at his full potential. D:
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment