Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Elder Scrolls / Oblivion / Skyrim

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:39:41 PM
Madrox wrote:
Whats the min specs for Dark Souls?

It wasn't a specifications issue, quite the opposite. The port wasn't optimized to actually use all of the components of a pc (you were stuck with the default resolution which was only like 1080x600 I think, it couldn't use multi-core processors, etc). I drew the comparison because, even though it's not the same issue, it shows how a community can modify a game to properly format it. I can only assume someone's done something similar to decrease the weight of Skyrim.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:27:07 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I would look into a user fix for the framerate. Even the Dark Souls community was pretty fast in creating an amazing resolution fix when the PC port came out.

Whats the min specs for Dark Souls?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:26:03 PM
Madrox wrote:
Still, the PC is linked with the origins of Bethesda, they should care more about it, just for the fans.

:/

I would look into a user fix for the framerate. Even the Dark Souls community was pretty fast in creating an amazing resolution fix when the PC port came out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:22:50 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
The majority of people buying and playing the game are going to be on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if PC games were less than 5% of the total profits, but they're almost definitely less than 10% of the profit.

Also, Skyrim was horribly optimized for all systems, especially PS3. So that might also have something to do with it.

Still, the PC is linked with the origins of Bethesda, they should care more about it, just for the fans.

:/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:13:20 PM
The majority of people buying and playing the game are going to be on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if PC games were less than 5% of the total profits, but they're almost definitely less than 10% of the profit.

Also, Skyrim was horribly optimized for all systems, especially PS3. So that might also have something to do with it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment