Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Elder Scrolls / Oblivion / Skyrim

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 3:30:51 PM
Well i prefer the 3rd person, it gives me a bigger view - but on the other hand, 1st person is more realistic!

I think it's kinda annoying to be able to get a Werewolf - and get cured - but when i'm Vampire, i only can get cured, when beeing infected, but not a real Vampire yet...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:37:01 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
A good graphic card can make or break a computer! It's probably the second most important part after the CPU. I assume Skyrim simply isn't as optimized for PC - it uses a different engine from all the games you mentioned, and I'm more or less certain the game was designed for consoles first and PC second.

♥♥♥♥ these greedy bastards!

I will just stuck with Oblivion and DA:Origins and be happt. ç___ç

edit: Why Bethesda? why? why? why do you persist? ¬¬
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
A good graphic card can make or break a computer! It's probably the second most important part after the CPU. I assume Skyrim simply isn't as optimized for PC - it uses a different engine from all the games you mentioned, and I'm more or less certain the game was designed for consoles first and PC second.

I'm not sure about the design theory, but it might be -> the Addons are out on Consoles earlier smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:32:11 PM
Madrox wrote:
But...my computer is very good, just lacks a good graphic card

0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:30:14 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, even my 3 (!!!) years old Laptop can handle it with normal settings... wish yourself a new one for Xmas :P

But...my computer is very good, just lacks a good graphic card, and still, i can run Mass Effect 3 (with a lot of tweaks, but hey!), Oblivion on max, Endless Space on "Good" settings with a decent fps, even Civilization 5! its just Skyrim who just don´t handles the computer well. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 9:58:23 PM
Madrox wrote:
Yea, Skyrim´s graphics were dumbed down for today´s standards, but still to much for my chariot. D:

Well, even my 3 (!!!) years old Laptop can handle it with normal settings... wish yourself a new one for Xmas :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 9:47:10 PM
Mansen wrote:
Haha - those were the days. I remember my old ATI card just barely letting me play the game with oldBlivion. A year later I could run the base game on highest. Funny how things change. lol

Yea, Skyrim´s graphics were dumbed down for today´s standards, but still to much for my chariot. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 7:45:04 PM
Mansen wrote:
Good thing the game supports modding eh? hehe smiley: stickouttongue

Indeed, haha, it's incredible what kinds of mods are out there for Skyrim lol

Btw Madrox/Mansen: Yeah, technology changes faster and faster (but i'm still able to play Skyrim + Free HD Mod on my 3 years old Laptop smiley: biggrin )
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 7:08:23 PM
Madrox wrote:
I remeber the first time i played Oblivion was with the mod OldBlivion.

Maybe there is a version for Skyrim too...

ç_ç

Haha - those were the days. I remember my old ATI card just barely letting me play the game with oldBlivion. A year later I could run the base game on highest. Funny how things change. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 4:45:01 PM
I remeber the first time i played Oblivion was with the mod OldBlivion.

Maybe there is a version for Skyrim too...

ç_ç
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 4:38:23 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well i prefer the 3rd person, it gives me a bigger view - but on the other hand, 1st person is more realistic!

I think it's kinda annoying to be able to get a Werewolf - and get cured - but when i'm Vampire, i only can get cured, when beeing infected, but not a real Vampire yet...

Good thing the game supports modding eh? hehe smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:57:16 PM
madrox wrote:
♥♥♥♥ these greedy bastards!

I will just stuck with oblivion and dasmiley: ohhrigins and be happt. ç___ç

edit: Why bethesda? Why? Why? Why do you persist? ¬¬

because of reasons 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:22:19 AM
I tried, but I couldn't get into them. The 3rd person view was terrible for me, and I highly dislike first person view.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 8:51:15 AM
I am big fan the TES games (playing it since morrowind). I played skyrim (finished campaign and spent a lot of extra hours with dungeons and quests) then i bought dawnguard but now it's kind of boring. My Char is somehow overskilled. I am playing an assassin which is a master in sneaking and is able to one-hit almost everything in skyrim. Becoming a vampire actually didn't make it better. Now i feel even more overpowered.

Probably i should start a new character but i hate it to play the same quests twice. So ES has currently my undivided attention smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 7:22:03 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Am I the only one, having no probs with the default UI? lol

It's functional - obviously. But like the oblivion GUI, you can clearly tell that it wasn't made for mice and keyboards. Replacing it will make it much better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 6:51:44 AM
Nice to see that there are a few people out there, playing RPGs smiley: smile

Many different opinions here smiley: biggrin

As PC/Laptop-Gamer, i'm still waiting for the Hearthfire-Addon to dropp into Steam...

Am I the only one, having no probs with the default UI? lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 12:57:33 AM
I played Skyrim, have not gotten around to the Dawnguard or Hearthfire DLC yet. I would not have been all that interested in it, if it was not for my friends who played through Morrowind and Oblivion, and pre-ordered Skyrim.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment