logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 2, 2016, 7:41:59 PM
Mithrill wrote:

Alien@System wrote:
Mithrill wrote:

P.S. I know that my character is human and on photo I have a Lumeirs. I just couldn't find a photo of a human with an outfit that fits my picture of Martin. 

I can't accept an application without a fitting picture. If you don't want me to just pick one randomly from the Hero List, find one.

The application seems okay, although your grammar is worrying me.

Sorry, but English is my second language. I forget to write it somewhere. Actually, I am always forgetting about something important.

As for picture, I found something more fitting:

The only difference is age-my character is a bit younger.

Well fellas it looks like we have a member of the galactic parliament onboard.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 2, 2016, 9:17:02 PM

About your grammar issues, I recommend Grammarly. Using it myself right now. The basic version is free.

And could you please use " instead of - ?

It's a bit confusing.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 3, 2016, 12:31:53 AM
Mithrill wrote:

Touche, the picture presents the ex-Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum.  

*Sweats nervously*

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 3, 2016, 8:07:14 AM

Also, I haven't said Yes yet. Don't just presume because I said that the character looks okay that you're clear to go, especially when there's still the picture to discuss. If you're that eager to get started, then fine, I'll put you in with that picture.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 3, 2016, 4:06:47 PM

Sorry Alien, I've already written some entry post in roleplay thread, but I think that picture has no meaning to it. However if you want, I'll delete it

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 5, 2016, 2:48:11 AM

Since it's taking Ricards a while, can anyone give me some advice/help me vent?

I've only played Sophons and Vodyani in ES2, so I've been trying to play the Cravers recently and I've been getting my ass handed to me by own empire's electorate. I start off with Cravers and Kalgeros as my populace, but I usually end up assimilating the nearest minor faction to complete quests, usually the Haroshems. By turn 60, my government is still controlled by the Militarist party, 90% of my population is Craver, and yet somehow I've got -59 on my empire from the election results, the unhappiness is sapping 75% of my Science and Dust, and 150% of my Influence and Food, and my Industry is barely keeping my economy floating as I build infrastructure and scrap it to pay off the end-turn tax, only to rebuild it again.

I can only assume that researching additional government types and switching from a Dictatorship would reduce the discontent among my populace, but could there be an alternative? No amount of approval-modifying, from System Improvements to the Safe Skies bill, have kept every single system I have from rebelling and I'm at my wits end.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 5, 2016, 3:59:56 PM
AngelicStorm wrote:

Since it's taking Ricards a while, can anyone give me some advice/help me vent?

I've only played Sophons and Vodyani in ES2, so I've been trying to play the Cravers recently and I've been getting my ass handed to me by own empire's electorate. I start off with Cravers and Kalgeros as my populace, but I usually end up assimilating the nearest minor faction to complete quests, usually the Haroshems. By turn 60, my government is still controlled by the Militarist party, 90% of my population is Craver, and yet somehow I've got -59 on my empire from the election results, the unhappiness is sapping 75% of my Science and Dust, and 150% of my Influence and Food, and my Industry is barely keeping my economy floating as I build infrastructure and scrap it to pay off the end-turn tax, only to rebuild it again.

I can only assume that researching additional government types and switching from a Dictatorship would reduce the discontent among my populace, but could there be an alternative? No amount of approval-modifying, from System Improvements to the Safe Skies bill, have kept every single system I have from rebelling and I'm at my wits end.

I've had the same problems and the only solution I've been able to think of is to go the religous route and use the law that only allows for the growth of your primary population.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 5, 2016, 10:05:35 PM

Or the law that forces your whole empire's happiness to content, maybe. Still, I have a REALLY hard time getting the votes. About 5% of my population is religious (Kalgeros). I keep having to fight to stay alive because I can't be at peace, meaning the Militarist party gains more support, so I always get a Miltary Dictator.

It should be a part of the Craver's 'Slave Drivers' faction trait that races other than the empire's main race have reduced political impact on elections, and any happiness penalties they incur would be heavily cut as well. Or is that just me?

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 8, 2016, 11:56:14 AM
BG123 wrote:

So guys, I'm really sorry to say but I'll have to drop the RP. 

Obviously, real life comes first, but this is both bad timing and a bad way to quit. Ricards has been asked a question, everyone involved on the bridge has been waiting about a week for a response, and now there won't be one? He can't just pop out of existence.

In other news, whatever happened to the forums some days ago messed up my svg since the post per page count changed and all bios shifted off the page the url tries to access. I'm on it with fixing that.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 8, 2016, 5:56:33 PM
Aww, that's a bummer. It was nice having you onboard, though. If you put your steam name up, maybe some of us can organize a game of Endless Space or Endless Legend some time.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 8, 2016, 6:55:20 PM
BG123 wrote:

So guys, I'm really sorry to say but I'll have to drop the RP. 

What little of it I've enjoyed, but I can't commit to a group one at this stage as I have a bunch of prospective university interviews coming up over the next couple of weeks that I need to prepare for in my free time. Ideally I'd love to continue with it, but academics come first. 

I was having fun with it, so if anyone in particular wants to do an Endless RP over the message system feel free to contact me using that. 

See you around the site and good luck with the RP, I'll be following the story as it progresses.

Why not come back at a later date?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 8, 2016, 11:10:09 PM

I can remove you from the situation, if you want. I could do it, but I will need your permission as it removes you permanently.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 9, 2016, 1:48:29 AM

Alright. That's not really down my alley, someone else will have to pick it up. Maybe you'll have to finish it? Best of luck, anyways. Maybe we could Cryo-Freeze you or something and bring you along. I dont know, it's really up to you.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 9, 2016, 3:39:21 AM

I could modify my post so that Ricards just walks out after listening to his helmet comm. Would that work?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 12:39:01 AM
BG123 wrote:

I appreciate it's unfortunate timing, but I really don't have the time nor inclination at the moment to do more writing outside of work. 

Feel free for somebody to find a way to excuse my character. Maybe an appropriate exit would be for Ricards to be urgently pulled back to Sheredyn-controlled space for whatever reason. That would leave enough space for me to come back, which I'd like to.

@Blackbird, how's the crossover coming along?

Still brainstorming on what to do. With the release of the two visions trailers for the Sophons and Vodyani I've had to throw all my ideas out the window, since its obvious that there are immensely powerful forces at work. I think I'll be moving to having a ship similar to the normandy (or hell even the ship from this rp) running around citadel and Endless space trying to figure out the conspiracy. I honestly don't know yet. I am welcome to ideas though.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 2:30:28 PM

As a heads-up: I'm going to be vacationing in Iceland for two weeks starting this Saturday. There'll most likely be internet, so I won't be gone completely, but I won't have that much time to write lengthy roleplay posts or fiddle around with the crew roster svg.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 2:34:24 PM

Hm. There is a lack of activity with the captain's meeting. I might create something tomorrow to keep things going.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 3:26:40 PM

Have a nice vacation, Alien. I've been to Iceland for a layover before and it was the best part of my vacation that year. Are you going to Reykjavik?

Again, I could just change my post to say that Ricards hears something on his helmet comm and excuses himself from the meeting. I just need the go-ahead.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment