Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 7:27:22 PM

For the sake of keeping this moving, you have the go-ahead.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 9:00:25 PM

Done. Ricards exit is a little vague, so he could still be hanging around the ship in case BG comes back

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 12, 2016, 6:03:37 AM

And I'll be off to Iceland. If you don't hear from me for two weeks, that's because I couldn't find any Internet there.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 16, 2016, 1:32:48 AM

Have a good one, Alien. If you visit Reijkyavik, drop by the Church of Hallgrimur; it's an amazing sight.

Incidentally, I've been watching gameplay videos of Endless Legend recently. The Vaulters are cool, the Drakken are awesome, and I've basically fallen in love the Broken Lords (IDK what it is with me and races of vampiric robots). I was checking the price and specs of the game on Steam and couldn't help but notice that there's a...well, a crapload of DLC. Would I be missing out if I didn't get all of them, or is there some that aren't really necessary?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 16, 2016, 8:24:36 AM
AngelicStorm wrote:

Have a good one, Alien. If you visit Reijkyavik, drop by the Church of Hallgrimur; it's an amazing sight.

[...]Would I be missing out if I didn't get all of them, or is there some that aren't really necessary?

Is Hallgrimur the big concrete one on top of the hill? We were there a few days ago. It looks a bit barren, but then again, I'm used to German Gothic churches, which usually go a bit overboard with the photogenic features. In more dire news, internet here is glacially slow, so I can't promise how often I check on the forums.

With the DLC, I believe the Steam consensus is that Tempest is worth it, the others not quite so much, as their main feature can usually be ignored if you're not playing the new race (since there is none for the Guardians, I guess those are doubly shafted). I like the Shifters, but don't just rely on my opinion, I'm not a very fanatic EL player, something about the combat system always puts me off.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 16, 2016, 11:57:29 AM

Have an enjoyable vacation Alien.

AngelicStorm, (The intrepid captain.) My opinions on EL are as follows: At $80, with all DLC,  Endless Legend is equivalent in price to Civ 6. The combat is interesting to say the least. If you know of Might and Magic you may enjoy it. Hex based, turn based combat and all that. The expansions are pretty much as follows by my mark. Guardians: Is fun, if you can get one on your side. Legendary Deeds and Wonders are pretty sweet, again, if you can get them. Shadows: "Diplomacy" and "Spying" I haven't been able to get the hang of this one. The Forgotten are an interesting faction though. The expansion is worth getting exclusively for the ability you can get from them that lets you buy out science. Shifters: Not a whole lot here honestly, it improves the weather system by giving the option to harvest a special resource during winter. But you need to have a special district built to utilize the resource. I have yet to play a game as the Allayi, but they are really annoying to communicate with diplomatically. In the Summer they like you, in Winter any pull you gain with them disappears of you. Echos: and Tales: are nice content packs. You shouldn't not get Forges: it's free. Tempest: is a must. SHIPS, THE SEA, FORTRESSES!!! And a race that can mind-control neutral parties based on Sea Horrors! The expansion that I was waiting for since the game came out. And the one most worth it. As a whole, paying the same amount as a New-Release seems hefty but; you can break it up over a period to finance it; the last piece was released recently enough to be considered a "New-Release" despite the game being initially released a while ago; and it is more than comparable to it's most similar "New-Release" rival (Civ).

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 16, 2016, 3:47:46 PM

That's the one! Honestly, when I saw it this summer, I thought that it wouldn't look too out of place in an Endless ruin. The view you get from the bell tower is reason enough to go there.

Tempest does pique my interest; Naval combat in a terrestrial strategy game always does. You've got me interested in the Shadows DLC too, if only because I'm probably going to be playing the Broken Lords most and buying out research sounds like it'd be a great ability. And Guardians looks and sounds totally worth it too. The Allayi and their expansion just sounds like another race I'm not going to use, honestly, so thanks for the heads up on that.

Another thing: how is the Emperor Edition different from vanilla Endless Legend? Does it modify existing factions like Endless Space's Emperor Edition or what? Nothing I find online really gives me a solid answer.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 2:50:53 AM

Nothing too substantial. ("A song of Ice, and only Ice" is a faction trait that gives you better movement in winter. Other than that... Bonus hero and Minor faction *Shrug* If you don't also have Dungeon of the Endless you miss out on half the stuff you can get. And I think you may be able to get those bonuses another way these days. Meh.)

Basic:

ENDLESS LEGEND DIGITAL GAME

• Play Endless Legend on PC and Mac.

OFFICIAL DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK

• All Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.

”ENDLESS LEGEND” AMPLITUDE BADGE

• Adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account. 
  • Adds 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.

Emperor:

ENDLESS LEGEND DIGITAL GAME (Same as Basic)

• Play Endless Legend on PC and Mac.

ENDLESS LEGEND "FROZEN FANGS" ADD-ON (New)

• Adds “Ice Wargs” to the minor faction cast of the game. 
  • Adds Namkang to the hero cast of the game. 
  • Adds a unique “A song of only ice” trait for your custom factions.

OFFICIAL DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK (Same as Basic)

• All Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.

”ENDLESS LEGEND” AMPLITUDE BADGE (Same as Basic)

• Adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account. 
  • Adds 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.

DUNGEON OF THE ENDLESS "DEEP-FREEZE" ADD-ON (Bonus content for Dungeon of the Endless)

• Adds the “The Refreezerator” spaceship that unlocks a new mode for the game. 
  • Adds Kreyang to the hero cast of the game.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 3:21:26 AM
It's looking more and more like I'm going to get Vanilla EL along with the Tempest DLC, and then I'll just wait for a steam sale to get the rest. As long as I can play the Broken Lords and Drakken, I don't care about other custom faction traits or races/major or minor.

I'm also assuming that, if I don't get a certain DLC, I can't play with someone who actually has it, yeah? Or is it like Starcraft 2 and the version of the game you play is set by the person with the most recent edition/the most DLC?
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 5:11:29 AM

I suspect.

In a given scenario:

Person A has: Base+Guardians+Tempest;

Person B has: Base+Guardians;

and Person C has: Base+Tempest.

The only version all three could play together is the Base, because B and C can only play the Base with each other.

But A could also play:

Base+Guardians with B and other people who have Guardians;

Base+Tempest with C and other people who have Tempest;

And all three alone or with people who posses both or more.

However, I haven't tested my theory yet.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 1:58:49 PM

Right, so my left hand is busted after I fell off a ATV. Sorry for not being that particularly active. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 6:18:49 PM
If that's the case, I'm most likely going to get the Vanilla game ASAP. Then I'll wait for the Christmas holidays or some other time when everything's on sale to get the DLC. $10+ CAD for each one is a little too hefty for my wallet to handle right now.

Sorry about your hand, Zen. I hope it gets better. What were you doing on an ATV anyhow?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 21, 2016, 12:34:30 AM

Welp, I have Endless Legend now. Between this and Endless Space 2, I think my afternoons are set from now until 2100 AD.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 22, 2016, 3:20:16 AM

Where's the replies, guys? I'm still waiting for the conversation and ceremony to be over so we can move on and launch! Others depend on you!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 22, 2016, 5:46:55 AM

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, I'm kind of waiting on Laudmas to respond to Valorum here. Keep in mind that Zennock busted his hand, though, so he might be having some trouble writing.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 22, 2016, 2:54:46 PM
AngelicStorm wrote:

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, I'm kind of waiting on Laudmas to respond to Valorum here. Keep in mind that Zennock busted his hand, though, so he might be having some trouble writing.

Yee, that is true. I apologize for the inconvenience. The reason why I am late is mainly because I needed to catch up on my studies and "surprise" exams. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 23, 2016, 2:11:30 AM
Tlaloc wrote:

I suspect.

In a given scenario:

Person A has: Base+Guardians+Tempest;

Person B has: Base+Guardians;

and Person C has: Base+Tempest.

The only version all three could play together is the Base, because B and C can only play the Base with each other.

But A could also play:

Base+Guardians with B and other people who have Guardians;

Base+Tempest with C and other people who have Tempest;

And all three alone or with people who posses both or more.

However, I haven't tested my theory yet.

I'm back and I just want to say that if one person has all the DLC then any other player can join and play with the dlc. Even if the other players do not own said dlc. At least I think that's what you are trying to figure out.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment