Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Sep 24, 2016, 3:18:10 PM

Eh, I'm still want in on the RP. Do I need to fill in my bio with more details? 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 24, 2016, 7:53:02 PM
Zennock wrote:

Copy the format in the first post and you should be good.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 25, 2016, 5:39:22 AM
Zennock wrote:

All you need to do is show up. Your bio has been approved and your character is in the roster.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 25, 2016, 5:28:12 PM

Sorry for dont having any pictures, I dont know how to get them into the post

Name: Dhanyl Abmaha („Lord“ Richard Darkon)

Race: Sophon

Areas of Expertise: Anomalie-analysis, (a little bit of) all the science, the usual Sophon tinkering

Personality: smart aleck, impatient, impolite, the typical sophon, although some would say that he is even worse than the average sophon 

Bio: Once, at the pinnacle of his career, chief scienist of his own exploration ship, 150 crewmembers, he was a happy Sophon. Doing science, side by side with his (as humans would call it) Husband, everywhere in the galaxy. Until one day a giant explosin from a nearby Asteroid hit the ship  and killed half of the crew instantly. The rest was trapped in the ship, unable to move or communicate the ship was laying dead in space. A few days later, whil Danyl tried to reinitialise the oxygen-production, Dust managed to get into the ship without breaking the Hull. All the surviving crewmembers got infected by Dust. Dhanyl, forced to see his loved one dying in his arms, was the only survivor. Now as only living being on the ship, he had enough Air and the Food to survive until he got rescued. After the rescue, he continued travelling, but alone and under  a new name. He was always fascinated by Human names, so he choose one frome a book he once read, and started a new life. 

(another character I came up with. I can't decide wich one i should take, so I'll leave the decision to you wich one will enter the crew )

Name:B'agh Yur-Dun

Race: Automaton

Areas of expertise: Agraculture, Biology

Bio: Untypically for an Automaton B'agh was allways curious about the Universe and all the Species it contained. But as an insignificant “Farmer” there was no chance for him to ever reach alien worlds and alien species. Except an Craver fleet would try to capture his Homeplanet, get defeated, lose some space fighters  that would have to lande near him, with a dead pilot in the  cockpit, B'agh would have to hide the fighter and eventually learn to fly it.

Coincidentally, that is exactly what happened. He managed to travel to the rim of his home systhem bevore the energy was gone. Luckylie Automatons dont have to breathe. He got saved, and through an chain of  unexpected coincidents he finally got hired for the savious mission.

(sorry for any misspelling or wrong grammar)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 25, 2016, 6:02:45 PM
LordDarkon wrote:

Sorry for dont having any pictures, I dont know how to get them into the post

There's an "Insert Image" button in the formatting bar, two spaces over from the smiley. But I can also just pick something at random from the hero list.

I think both entries would work, although the scientist might see more activity than the other, who is basically an upgraded cook. Important position, sure, but not somebody who usually gets to be in the away party. However, I'm not okay with your Sophon using a human name as an alias, especially since that alias is your account name.

Also, if you want to join the RP, I ask you to install a spell-checker for your browser (I think there's free spellcheckers available for all of them). While we surely don't mind the occasional typo, you're making a lot of them, and that's affecting readability.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 25, 2016, 6:55:10 PM

I think I'll just go with the Sophon and remove the alias part. 

And about the picture, I'll take one of these I think. I like the first one more, but if it's to much work to make it suitable I'll take the second one :) 

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 26, 2016, 2:57:34 PM

(updated version)

Name: Dhanyl Abmaha 

Race: Sophon

Areas of Expertise: Anomaly-analysis, (a little bit of) all the science, the usual Sophon tinkering

Personality: smart aleck, impatient, impolite, the typical sophon, although some would say that he is even worse than the average sophon 

Bio: Once, at the pinnacle of his career, chief scientist of his own exploration ship, 150 crewmembers, he was a happy Sophon. Doing science, side by side with his (as humans would call it) Husband, everywhere in the galaxy. Until one day a giant explosion from a nearby Asteroid hit the ship  and killed half of the crew instantly. The rest was trapped on the ship, unable to move or communicate the ship was laying dead in space. A few days later, while Danyl tried to reinitialize the oxygen production, Dust managed to get into the ship without breaking the Hull. All the surviving crewmembers got infected by Dust. Dhanyl, forced to see his loved one dying in his arms, was the only survivor. Now as only living being on the ship, he had enough Air and the Food to survive until he got rescued. After the rescue, he continued travelling, but alone, and started a new life. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 26, 2016, 4:12:08 PM

All right, you're approved. Welcome the third row of the crew roster.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 3:41:04 PM

Yaay :D

So can I start right now or would I interrupt the conversation between you and the Captain? 

(you just got a complete RP noob in your crew, sorry)

By thy way, I think some technical Information about the ship would be helpful.

Like : " How long? How wide? How many floors? And the position of the labs, quarters, engine room..." just the basic stuff :)

I think it would help to make everything more realistic :)

Sorry for editing my old post instead of creating new ones, I dont want  to spam the thread full. 

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 4:13:30 PM

You can start right now. If you don't want to barge into the bridge, consider that there are characters that are currently elsewhere: Alice is settling down in engineering, and Rolak is on his way to the bridge. However, given that Cat failed to post an answer for a few days, it'd be okay for your character to turn up on the bridge and get mine unstuck.

EDIT: The Saviour is a Vindicator-Class ship, which means she looks like this:

According to the Artbook, she's 250 m long, which gives her a total width of 110 m with the wings, and 45 m of the central habitable part, with a height of 45 m as well.

The outer white and shiny hull is based on Sophon designs, and for the Saviour specifically also built by the Sophons, while the chassis below is of basic human design, although we can assume for the Saviour, that there were different peoples involved in different parts, as her construction was also a multi-species project. The propulsion system is Pilgrim, and Mokinokaro established that at least parts of the power core are of Sophon design. However, despite of what they wrote, it's safe to assume that the ceiling is high enough for humans in most places, probably somewhat higher than needed, as it would be built with the Hissho in mind, who are 20 cm larger on average.

If anyone wants to sit down and draw interior deck plans based on the silhuoettes given in the artbook, be my guest, but I don't think it's needed for roleplay. The ship has space, but not exceedingly so.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 29, 2016, 3:17:03 PM

Just wanted to be absolutely sure. I'm 100% ready to join the RP right? 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 29, 2016, 4:11:02 PM
Zennock wrote:

Yes you are. Now go and post already.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 30, 2016, 12:09:38 PM
Alien@System wrote:
Zennock wrote:

Yes you are. Now go and post already.

I hope I don't bother people by barging in.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 30, 2016, 12:45:20 PM
Zennock wrote:
As the crew was toiling themselves away, a year old construct slowly woke up from its sleep. His memory was fuzzy and the weight of space did not help at all. His mind was full of static but it started to clear up with every moment. "Laudmas", robot thought, "Laudmas Acromb". Wires buzzed, and a gear had shifted. "What a curious name." He regained full control of his appendages, a pair of rather dusty arms and legs. "Now. Where am I?" and the droid pushed away the glass cover that protected it. 

Wait, so you went with the robot after all? It seemed like you didn't want to. I'll change the crew roster, then. You might want to either update your bio or write a new one, as well.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 30, 2016, 12:57:54 PM
Alien@System wrote:
Zennock wrote:
As the crew was toiling themselves away, a year old construct slowly woke up from its sleep. His memory was fuzzy and the weight of space did not help at all. His mind was full of static but it started to clear up with every moment. "Laudmas", robot thought, "Laudmas Acromb". Wires buzzed, and a gear had shifted. "What a curious name." He regained full control of his appendages, a pair of rather dusty arms and legs. "Now. Where am I?" and the droid pushed away the glass cover that protected it. 

Wait, so you went with the robot after all? It seemed like you didn't want to. I'll change the crew roster, then. You might want to either update your bio or write a new one, as well.

Oh, damn. I thought choosing the robot would made you happier so I did that. I'll go update the bio then. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 30, 2016, 1:57:29 PM
Zennock wrote:

Oh, damn. I thought choosing the robot would made you happier so I did that. I'll go update the bio then. 

You're the one who has to play the character, so you have to be the happy one. I'm just the one who has to keep the crew roster accurate.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 2:48:13 AM

Name: The Automaton Unit 0000 "Zeros"

Race: Automaton

Areas of Expertise: Stealth, Mechanics, Deception, Electronics, and Communications

Bio:

The Automaton that would come to be known as "Zeros" was made identical to all the other Automaton produced on the assembly line before and after it. When it emerged from one of the many factories on the planet 367-45-3, the 3rd planet of the 45th solar system in the 367 space sector, nothing indicated the tragedy that would befall it. At the time it bore the proud designation of "Repair and Construction, Unit 6842". It was on a rudimentary repair of one of the atmospheric analyzers placed high in the mountains to observe 367-45-3's unique "Dust storms" (The entire purpose of 367-45-3's colonization being the study of this odd phenomenon.) That a bolt from the gold arced out of the sky and sent the poor being flying, briefly. After the shock of Dust laden electrocution and the subsequent damaging fall. Unit 6842 was surprised to find it could feel surprised, and hurt, and a little bit saddened too. The worst part of all of these new inputs was a lack of information from its siblings. And an odd feeling of loss when it struggled to find the part of it that contained it's designated Unit number. The only thing that distracted from this loss and made the feeling dull was the focus that "Unit ----" felt coursing through its frame. Golden sparks that thrummed with an addicting power, one that Unit 0000, as it decided to think of itself lacking any other information, could feel fading. Ever sense that day Zeros has been driven only by the need to seek and find influxes of Dust. Driven from 367-45-3 when its thefts were discovered (An event involving many unhappy Automatons bolting Zeros into a rocket after the hapless Zeros's self-made cloaking device ran out of power, something that would happen often in the following years, in the middle of a factories Dust refectory.) Gifted with the ability to understand most languages extremely quickly. Zeros has wandered the galaxies. It has served as butler or translator to some. and as assassin or spy to others. Always the Dust Hunger leads it into some trouble or other and results in banishment or expulsion. Recently Zeros heard word of an expedition to a far off sector of space. Driven by curiosity, and the hope that whoever is flying the ship won't notice the extra Dust draining during flight, Zeros tried to smuggle itself onboard using its shoddy and extremely temperamental stealth unit. The unit failed halfway through the heist, as usual, but Zeros was used to this happening and had taken a route that led through the loading docks. Slipping itself into a nearby box of spare parts, Zeros waits for the crate to be loaded onto the Savior-Class ship. Maybe once onboard it can convince one of the computer systems that it has a legitimate role on the ship. It always has liked working on mechanical systems. [Why is that?] It wonders.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 11:20:49 AM

I'm not so happy about stowaways. Sure, it's a creative way to get aboard, but its also a good way to either cripple the character beyond playability, or make everyone else act so much out of character that it wouldn't be fun for them. Because if people discovered an unwanted passenger on board, he'd get thrown in the brig, and even if not, not trusted to participate in anything important.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment