Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Who is looking forward to UFO:Enemy Unknown in October?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 4:58:14 AM
chromodynamics wrote:
All of this scares me smiley: frown I was really hoping for basically an exact implementation of xcom with fancy graphics and slightly less tedious (due to being slow more than anything) combat. However do recall the original xcom was also released on the playstation one, so it having an eye on consoles is not a death sentence! smiley: smile

If that is what you want there are other more "true" re-makes out there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 9:18:27 AM
chromodynamics wrote:
However do recall the original xcom was also released on the playstation one, so it having an eye on consoles is not a death sentence! smiley: smile

These days it all but is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 6:06:26 PM
chromodynamics wrote:
All of this scares me smiley: frown I was really hoping for basically an exact implementation of xcom with fancy graphics and slightly less tedious (due to being slow more than anything) combat. However do recall the original xcom was also released on the playstation one, so it having an eye on consoles is not a death sentence! smiley: smile

Having looked a bit more at the game it does look more like a re-imagining than a remake, which can of course be good and bad. Most people have yet to see more than the odd small city night map but it seems the team is very enthusiastic about the original game and certainly it looks promising. Bit concerned about the canned video sequences, lack of other maps shown, size of maps and horrid pink lighting everywhere but there is a nice video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfHdO-sWsv4

Definitely interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 6:42:45 PM
Big annoyance with the video: Those guys talk too damned much. It's fine to hae commentary like that while playing, but it took then nearly ten minutes to actually start playing! Jeez.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 6:03:53 AM
Kinda looking forward to this. Never played XCOM before. But my age is catching up and right now turn based games or handhelds (bought a new 3DS recently smiley: smile ) have taken a preference over APM and twitch reflexes required for rts and fps genre.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment