Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

STAR CITIZEN - The revival of High end pc gaming and Space Sims?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 11:17:59 PM
Never watched shining - but I agree, the trailer is important for publicy/marketing, but trailer isn't the same as the Game/Movie!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 12:35:08 AM
Old fart that I am, it didn't occur to me that there are people who actually haven't seen the cinematic combination of the skills of Stanley Kubrick and Stephen King. For those who don't know, the above trailer I posted was a project done by a film editor to show that a trailer can make a movie seem completely different than what it really is.

Here is a proper trailer for the film itself:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 10:26:28 AM
Oneiros42 wrote:
A well-cut trailer can make anything look like anything. The movie was pretty bad, even worse if you'd played all the Wing Commander games. Watch it sometime, just be sure to have a few drinks first to numb the pain. smiley: smile

Speaking of the magic of trailers, having you ever watched "The Shining"? Or how about "Shining"?

Yes, I know what a well cut trailer can do for sale. I am studying this stuff!!! lol

Shining was a real good horror-movie....for that time! The book of Stephen King is a lot better, but the movie was made pretty neat. And who doesn't know the legendary scene of Jack Nicholson, trying to get into a room with an axe:

A good work from Kubrick. But don't try to compare it to modern horror-movies! It's another world! And don't expect splatter! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 7:09:10 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Uff! It's allways that stupid with secondary classes! Well I took German as secondary and yes: I have to work and learn more for German than for my main class! That's kind of crapy but it's not that bad as FinalStrigons University. Sorry to hear that, man! But I guess the difference is that YOU seem to learn stuff that get's paid later, while I with my beloved liberal arts will probably end up in a subway-store. "What would you like to have on your sub, Sir?" oO'

Well, that's just about where my degree will put me as well. smiley: sweat There isn't much you can do with just a Bachelor's in Classical Civilization, and these past four years have taught me that I simply won't be able to handle Latin and Greek at the graduate level, so no graduate degree along those lines for me. So, I'm really not sure what I'll be doing after I graduate this upcoming spring...Oh well, too late to really complain about major choices now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 7:45:21 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
Well, that's just about where my degree will put me as well. smiley: sweat There isn't much you can do with just a Bachelor's in Classical Civilization, and these past four years have taught me that I simply won't be able to handle Latin and Greek at the graduate level, so no graduate degree along those lines for me. So, I'm really not sure what I'll be doing after I graduate this upcoming spring...Oh well, too late to really complain about major choices now.

Just to keep myself demotivated: 50% (or even more) of what I have learnt, will be outdated when I finish studying ...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 12:05:24 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Just to keep myself demotivated: 50% (or even more) of what I have learnt, will be outdated when I finish studying ...

That's the nice thing about physics, maths, biology and chemistry. The field just expands more in knowledge space than it ever replaces some points. Your knowledge just becomes more incomplete than before. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 11:56:51 AM
Guys, sorry to interrupt this fine discussions, but I need to spek about the topic!

I thought we will have plenty of time but I was wrong! First Guilds/Clans are already recruiting in the SC Forum. They did that before, but some of them already have own Fansites for recruiting and know what they want to do.

So if we want to be under those giant corporates right form the beginning, we need to talk about a concept, design some artwork and than recruit the hell from the start!!! And since I enjoy talking to you guys so much, I wanted to stay with you sophisticated spacers, traders and warriors. And depending on how big our corporate is going to be, we are going to need many officers to keep up the organization.

Now, are we going to discuss that here, in this forum or do we need to go somewhere else for some privacy? We will need to set up an own Website for our clan, sooner or later....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 2:04:09 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
That's the nice thing about physics, maths, biology and chemistry. The field just expands more in knowledge space than it ever replaces some points. Your knowledge just becomes more incomplete than before. smiley: stickouttongue

Same with my IT Stuff smiley: stickouttongue

@ Veers: Well an IRC channel would maybe be useful, or even a forum - or we add each other on Skype or something smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:46:00 AM
Yeah, well I am a fan of Forum! I already got one - but not for SC. Is any one of you real good at this stuff? I mean I could open up an own Forum - even design some things but right now, time is short. If somebody helps me, we could get it up in some weeks...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 10:12:44 AM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Yeah, well I am a fan of Forum! I already got one - but not for SC. Is any one of you real good at this stuff? I mean I could open up an own Forum - even design some things but right now, time is short. If somebody helps me, we could get it up in some weeks...

Well, I fail at stuff like this, I'm more for adding each other on skype or any other messenger.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:15:54 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:

InvisionFree makes it really simple to set up forums, and I have some experience as an admin on them (old PBP RP sites, all have since died, sadly). I think a remember enough to whip something together for planning, for now. It'd be rather simple for now, time is limited for me as well and I never learned how to make them fancy aside from their default set of skins, but I could figure something out.

The only thing I have against planning via instant messengers would be the fact that, well...You all seem to be located in Europe smiley: stickouttongue I (and anyone else we recruit on this side of the Atlantic, or further East from you all) wouldn't be able to contribute much that way. I'd be able to throw ideas into emails or in forum posts, but I doubt I could promise I'd be able to be online for live chats.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:47:49 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
InvisionFree makes it really simple to set up forums, and I have some experience as an admin on them (old PBP RP sites, all have since died, sadly). I think a remember enough to whip something together for planning, for now. It'd be rather simple for now, time is limited for me as well and I never learned how to make them fancy aside from their default set of skins, but I could figure something out.

The only thing I have against planning via instant messengers would be the fact that, well...You all seem to be located in Europe smiley: stickouttongue I (and anyone else we recruit on this side of the Atlantic, or further East from you all) wouldn't be able to contribute much that way. I'd be able to throw ideas into emails or in forum posts, but I doubt I could promise I'd be able to be online for live chats.

Sweet, somebody with expierence smiley: biggrin

As for the Chat: What about skype? It supports offline-messages too und we could make group-chats. Veers & me already added each other.

So if someone wants me in his Skype just PN me on the forums w/ nick smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:10:12 PM
I can't wait for this game, will be another epic space game added to my collection of games that I love playing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 11:53:07 AM
I helped maintain and design a Website, too. I will try this weekend to perhaps build somethin up and could use admins, recruiters and so on to maintain the website. Also some Artwork or Layout design for our logo and the Backround and so on. This can function via email as well. So if you want to help, you can write down in this forum what you will need in the Forum as a Officer and as a Pilot.

Also we shall speak about the Name of the Corporation. Yes, I'd like to set it up as a Corp. I presented my idea already in this forum and I will come up with some more terms, rules and slogans later.

Right now: what do you think of those names? Which fitt better to a highly professional security, trade and payback Corp. dedicated against piracy and all over the galaxy rescue missions for members?

(Right now there is a problem withe the definition of earth. Usually I like the scientifical name "Terra" more, but there seems to already be another planet with that name which is not our earth.)

Terra Security

Terran Firewall

Terras Angels

Earth Angels

Seraphim Corp.

Terran Wolfs

Feel free to comment on those or give some more ideas.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 7:03:34 PM
I'm not sure what me would need in terms of Officers/Admins/Pilots and such...I'll try to find some free time and look up some other sites along these lines, just to see what people are basing their's off of to get some idea of what's needed.

As for names...Personally, I don't like having terms like "Corporation" or "Inc." or "Co." in names. It makes us sound like we're just some big business, possibly just concerned about making a buck and not about our clients. If we want some kind of PMC, I'd go with something like:

Seraphim Securities

The Seraph Fleet

The Order of Seraph

Spartan Securities

Sol System Defense Initiative

And so on and so forth.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 11:58:48 AM
Well, the backroundstory will be about someone, building a Corp. for security, differing from others by it's buisness characteristics. But other names are possible, too. Something with "Sol" sounds very promissing.

"Seraphims of Sol" sounds to much like a book-title.

Sol Seraphims is better, but not yet perfect.

Sol Security Corp would be perhaps too much faceless Corp. I try to find a more humane image. An image which states: "this guys help you out, when you need it and kick some pirate asses when they get to greedy!"

Seraphim Securities doesn't sound bad either.

Sol Shield Security?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 3:18:37 PM
True, the background story will be someone building a corporation, but that doesn't necessarily mean we need "Corp." in the name.

Hmm...

Do we know what the "home" system is named in the game? If it is the Sol System, as our solar system is often names in sci-fi, something along the lines of Sol Shield Security or Sol System Defense Initiative would be best. If not, then another name like Seraphim Security/ies (can't decide which sounds better) might be more appropriate.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 5:30:33 PM
Why don't we fly for the Phoenix Foundation, the same corporation MacGyver worked for? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 5:37:57 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Why don't we fly for the Phoenix Foundation, the same corporation MacGyver worked for? smiley: stickouttongue

Overload of awesomeness? smiley: biggrin

Sol Shield Security seems to be cool too!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment