Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment??

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 5:09:59 AM
Recent

• Super Mario 3D World
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • ES
  • DotE
  • Killer Instinct
  • The Swapper

Current

• Planetary Annihilation (beta)
  • The Walking Dead S2E1
  • Skyrim (again)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 1:31:39 PM
Several games: DayZ (it's more fun that I thought), Super Hexagon (awesome!), and other indie games.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 1:59:19 PM
Currently: Gears of War 2 (of course since its my favourite modern game), Civ 5, Ocarina of Time 3DS remake (which I'm enjoying but its not as good so far as everyone makes it out to be not sure if its just the remake or what) and a few more lightly.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 2:14:34 PM
I bought some games in the Steam sales, but I'm mostly working for school a.t.m.

Played some Anno 2070 though, can't keep working all day can I smiley: wink

Anosognos wrote:
Planetary Annihilation (beta)

How is that game? Looks promising to me!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 2:49:51 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
... Super Hexagon (awesome!), and other indie games.

I love Super Hexagon. If you like indie games, I can't recommend The Swapper enough; it's a fantastic puzzle game with a great sci-fi horror atmosphere. My favorite indie games of the year are:

InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
... Ocarina of Time 3DS remake (which I'm enjoying but its not as good so far as everyone makes it out to be not sure if its just the remake or what) ...

Ocarina is a classic that was amazing for its time given that it was the first Zelda to be executed in 3D. It pretty much proved that such a game could work. I don't think it holds up as the "best game of all time" or even the best Zelda, though. It does hold up as a solid game, though.

The best Zelda game on 3DS is, without a doubt, A Link Between Worlds. Get it as soon as you can. I assure you that you won't be disappointed.

adder wrote:
Anosognos wrote:
Planetary Annihilation (beta)

How is that game? Looks promising to me!

I've only had a bit of time to play around with it so far so I can't really give a verdict. The minimalist, sort of cel-shaded graphic style (no doubt helpful in managing so many moving actors on the screen) is actually beautiful in motion. Being able to zoom from ground view to solar system view is really impressive, too.

As to game play, all I can say is I also think it seems promising. I never played the old Annihilation games because I always heard they were excellent in theory but simply didn't run well on even fantastic PCs. Now that GPUs are a lot more powerful, I'm dipping my toes in. It runs smooth as silk so far. I'll report back when I've had more time with it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 2:57:39 PM
Good things will happen when i get a new computer, however right now its Dungeon of The Endless, Chivalry MW & DW, Civ V, Reus and Endless Space.

With a new computer I would totally get into Planetary Annihilation and play all my old games... at their full power level. I have cared little about money and graphic quality because I have always been short of both, so I appreciate both more when i have them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 6:56:58 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Several games: DayZ (it's more fun that I thought), Super Hexagon (awesome!), and other indie games.

I wrote you when i got my my own privat server when they publish the server files ; ) ^^

i would also play it right now but i hate the Global Hive System. (Server Hoppers, Server flooded with AAA gear, more Hackers,no stady playerbase, etc)
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2013, 9:23:44 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
Good things will happen when i get a new computer, however right now its Dungeon of The Endless, Chivalry MW & DW, Civ V, Reus and Endless Space.

With a new computer I would totally get into Planetary Annihilation and play all my old games... at their full power level. I have cared little about money and graphic quality because I have always been short of both, so I appreciate both more when i have them.

Oh, yeah, I absolutely understand. I was totally entrenched in the idea of "console wars" back when I only had enough money to afford one. I had to justify my decision.

Now that I've been an engineer for a few years and can play whatever I want, I get caught up in more esoteric stuff like ambient occlusion, parallax mapping, and super sampling.

In the end, I care about art style more than raw polygons. I still appreciate good technical execution, though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 2:49:30 PM
Anosognos wrote:
I love Super Hexagon. If you like indie games, I can't recommend The Swapper enough; it's a fantastic puzzle game with a great sci-fi horror atmosphere. My favorite indie games of the year are:

I actually love indie games: I go from one to another, without necessarily finishing them - but it's just because I feel like I never have enough time! I grabbed The Swapper during the sales: it looks really good, and it turns out a friend of mine worked on it so yeah, I "have" to play it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 3:07:43 PM
Currently on my Xbox One upload studio. Wait that not a game just uploading some videos I did while playing BF4,

Ryse son of Rome, Battlefield 4, Fifa 14 only game I got downloaded so I play this while waiting for updates or game installs, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Zoo tycoon one I can play when my Nephew is here. and Dead Rising 3.

Xbox 360 SR4, Carrier Command, Skyrim or Obliviion

PC Total Annihilation, Star Wolves and Star Lancer

Mac - ES mostly in offline mode because where I work Steam will not work, Worms United, Football Manager 2013 and The Witcher which runs pretty well on my Mid 2009 Mac book pro.

If you wondering why I have so much time is because I work at a School so I get some nice Holidays.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 11:20:12 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I actually love indie games: I go from one to another, without necessarily finishing them - but it's just because I feel like I never have enough time! I grabbed The Swapper during the sales: it looks really good, and it turns out a friend of mine worked on it so yeah, I "have" to play it.

Excellent!

Also, I completely forgot Anitchamber came out this year. Easily my favorite puzzle game after Portal. It's absolutely mind-bending.

That said, it's also one of the few games to ever give me motion sickness (until, suddenly and thankfully, it didn't).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 11:49:33 PM
counter-strike global offensive is a nice game this time of year. and craft the world is a nice new early access.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 3, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
Right now,

DotE and that's about it. smiley: smile Time is my most precious commodity right now and I seldom have the time to play more than one hour at a time... tops...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 3, 2014, 11:36:52 AM
Tredecim wrote:
TrackMania.. and if I find the time, Xcom.
I wouldn't count on that, once you get into Trackmania your time will be completely absorbed. The games don't count hours, cos I have the non-steam versions - but I'm pretty sure it'll be damn much, as I've been playing Trackmania on a, almost, daily base since 2008 smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:22:12 AM
Dungeon of the Endless

trying to finally finish Last Remant

Defiance

sometimes Anno 2070, Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe, Chainsaw Warrior.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment