Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Lets brag/showoff

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 7:37:10 AM
Over 300 in machine and 400 in food. Somewhere over 200 dust at the end.

All 4 heroes level 5, but I had only 1 merchant the entire game and he sold items my melee guys couldn't use smiley: frown Other than that, I was lucky to have found any upgrades at all.

Score of 1316. Looks like I have some work to do to catch you guys smiley: smile

Do we know what factors into the score?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 6:51:04 AM
magicbacon wrote:
I don't wanna sound like I'm lying for the sake of one-upping you @melkathi but my best score thus far is 1337 xD

LIARRRRR!

smiley: smile

Ok, I'll try to get 1338 smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:18:42 AM
KingxOfxThexvoid wrote:
Haha how randomly close

After investigating and playing around with the XML-Files in the game's Public-Folder, there's hints that you actually have a good amount of influence about where the exit is.

This might sound odd at the first thought, because you would think that the level is generated once you join it.

That seems to be true for it's general layout and the physical locations of the rooms. But not for the contents of the rooms, including the exit!

The contents of one room seem to be generated at the moment you open the door leading to it!

The exit will never spawn before you haven't opened a level-dependent amount of doors.

In level 3 that's earliest after 28 doors and if had not appeared till then, it will spawn guaranteed after door 33.

So if you leave doors near the Entry and only start opening them after (for level 3) having opened 27 other doors, you should be able to make sure that the trip to the exit will be relatively short.

Thats still all unconfirmed theories but the files I mentioned strongly suggest that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 3:18:19 AM
I don't wanna sound like I'm lying for the sake of one-upping you @melkathi but my best score thus far is 1337 xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 12, 2014, 8:05:14 PM
Congratulations smiley: smile

Depending on how the rooms work out, level 3 can be rather deadly.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 12, 2014, 7:41:32 PM
Finished game today for the first time!!!! level 3 almost wiped me out!!!! Not sure how many doors. here is my screenshot!!!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 12, 2014, 5:22:54 PM
I kinda suck at this game at the moment, bloody good fun though. I got all impressed when I found the exit, only to find it just went to another level.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 10:23:45 PM
blue rarity tool belt on the slow guy smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 8:30:40 PM
My best score was 1336 today. And it was rather wierd, because the first two levels didn't go all that well, as it took a lot of doors on each to get a second room with a large module build slot. Then Nurse Ratchett decided to stop running back to where the others were waiting to mount the defense and she nearly died - healing her used up a lot of food. And suddenly on level 3, two doors before the exit I had 261 Dust, 245 industry and 287 food. Three purples (1 spear and shield on Opbot and one sword on Hikensha).

And the exit turned out to be just 3 rooms away from the start...

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 7:07:17 PM
Have you mastered the game yet

Can you defeat the game open all doors and how many resources heroes or items do you have by then?

These are my finishing stats all doors opened

Economy 320

Food 117

Energy 254

Heroes 3 lvl 5 with 1 purple item

Score 1261 points when finishing lvl 3

I hope to see other peoples scores and also if you feel like it show us tips tricks you think noone knows yet
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:24:14 AM
Ail wrote:
After investigating and playing around with the XML-Files in the game's Public-Folder, there's hints that you actually have a good amount of influence about where the exit is.

This might sound odd at the first thought, because you would think that the level is generated once you join it.

That seems to be true for it's general layout and the physical locations of the rooms. But not for the contents of the rooms, including the exit!

The contents of one room seem to be generated at the moment you open the door leading to it!

The exit will never spawn before you haven't opened a level-dependent amount of doors.

In level 3 that's earliest after 28 doors and if had not appeared till then, it will spawn guaranteed after door 33.

So if you leave doors near the Entry and only start opening them after (for level 3) having opened 27 other doors, you should be able to make sure that the trip to the exit will be relatively short.

Thats still all unconfirmed theories but the files I mentioned strongly suggest that.

It deffinitly is worth testing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:30:41 AM
Not really unconfirmed because I just confirmed you that in the VIP section ^^

And I talk about that in this public post.

I confirmed that we are working on a solution to place the exit at the creation of the level to avoid this problem smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:36:29 AM
Okay, so I've found out 3 weeks old confirmed knowledge... So it's not that much of a discovery anymore and certainly no reason to brag about! ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 6:30:43 PM
Remind me to post a completed run once I actually beat the alpha haha, I've gotten so close several times but I die over trivial things. I've been doing excellent managing all of my resources but dust is still hard to accumulate, I usually have many unlit rooms open because I'm trying to gain dust from enemy waves.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 9:47:07 PM
After 4 or 5 playthroughs I finished level 3 with 4 level 5 heroes. Opened all doors on all levels. One purple? Score was ~1300. This thread really highlights for me that if the game is going to have a score at the end it really needs a way to check scores after. If not a way to check every score, party, and inventory for every full victory than at least a highest score and hopefully a highest score by hero.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 12:18:06 PM
Highest score for me so far and just wanted to point out that 6 damage boosters raised Sara Numas' AP to 327 smiley: smile I think the lowest damage was 216 on nurse ratchet mainly because her items werent good. This strategy promises a victory if you can't beat it yet. It is kind of cool to see each of your heroes able to one shot mobs and 2 shot those walkers.

I think the longer you take the lower your score. I was messing around a bit so I could probably raise this score a bit. (All rooms opened on every level)

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 7:50:00 PM
Damage boosters seem really overpowered right now. Normally I've got my hands full with a full team of 4 heros but with damage boosters making it through the first two levels with only two heroes was not only possible but not overly difficult.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 16, 2014, 2:49:02 AM
agreed, most of the hero buffs can take the place of turrets all together with the right gear in alpha. but im sure that when the rest of dungeons are released, the mobs will hit much much harder!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 6:29:36 AM
Man... I was really kicking ass on my last playthrough until Lvl 3. ... When I opened a 13 room dead end branch with my only defense being 4 turret points right outside of my crystal room...

Ended with a score of 1111, which isn't my worst. Ah well, here's to trying again. I suck at this game, lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment