logo amplifiers simplified

What's Behind The Door? [CONTEST]

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 6:31:02 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Actually, I'm hoping for some hostile flora in the form of hellgourds. ^^

Yeah, Hellgourds, slightly steamed, with a sprinkle of 'Dust' makes for a good meal!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 3:07:19 PM
Dzen wrote:
I hope behind the door is not an another ordinary real-time rogue-like game, but unique turn-based sci-fi surviver. Something like FTL+Starved! smiley: rollblue

As long as it is not as 'random event' based as FTL.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 10:34:21 AM
PANCZASU wrote:
Do you mean what is behind the door of the ship shown in this trailer?

That's obvious. It has to be a cake. Or a pancake or anything that has the word "cake" in it. Easy. Can I have my award now? smiley: sarcastic
The Cake not a Lie?

P.S.

I hope behind the door is not an another ordinary real-time rogue-like game, but unique turn-based sci-fi surviver. Something like FTL+Don`t Starve! smiley: rollblue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 7:31:48 AM
A growl, the thumping of the heavy metal door, gunfire, and a few words uttered in silence: "Nobody expects the spanish inquisition."

or

He shot chest high, the bullet ricoched off the walls into darkness, the sparks lit up the dark cell for only a blink, and the clanking sound of bullets hitting the cold floor echoed thruogh the remaineder of the cabin. The snap of light was ebough to see the vicious creature, the bright white fur, elonged incisor, those hellishly red eyes, it was too late to shoot again, it was the wererabbit of the old tales of Arthur and his knights!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 2:07:32 AM
Whats behind the door? Adventure. And probably some planet wildlife or something else...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 1:17:01 AM
What's Behind The Door?

Future Charlton Heston, from Future Planet of the Endless, gone mad at the end of the movie from the reveal that it was Future Earth all along.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 7:52:16 PM
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche.

The three of them had different reasons for signing in the first place. One signed on out of despair; the veteran found himself aboard a penal transport after years of military service and because he had no other place to go. One signed on out of anger; the sick one found that as long as it was inmates they tortured, society did not care. One signed on out of love, the hopeful one fervently believed their brother was innocent and by accompanying their brother, they could protect him. The mutiny aboard the transport may have drastically changed the lives of hundreds, and in years to come would later effect millions. But for three souls, the mutiny was only the beginning and the least of their worries. As the ship fell from space, a few resourceful inmates had managed to hack the NavSystem of the escape pod and diverted it to an unexplored planet nearby. Entry to the planet was everything but gentle. Landing was no better and with a bone splintering crash they came to a screeching halt. With no time to even assess all of their wounds or get their bearings, the door they had passed through no more than 5 minutes ago, the same door that once was their life line and promised a life away from the mutinous crew, that door now came to life as something on the other side beat and clawed on the outside. To the three souls, behind the other side of the door lay uncertainty and dread. As the bravest of the three opened the door and shot his side arm at the first thing that moved, diplomacy started between the three and the secrets within the alien world. When the escape pod fell to the planet, it fell onto the alien equivalent of a witch doctor. The banging and roaring was the witch doctor's child, a barely sentient animal struggling with the death of it's only parent by a strange metal "animal". And when that "animal" opened up to reveal another "animal" inside, the diplomacy was quick. The diplomacy started out of the barrel of a pistol moving at 560 feet per second. The repercussions would spread across the galaxy as word was passed from person to person, 'three people responsible for the xenophobic massacre on a sentient species struggling to eke out an existence on an unexplored planet.'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 7:15:38 PM
They landed in the intergalactic version of THE BURBS. Probably a neighbor welcoming them to the neighborhood, or trying to borrow some sugar..... from their intestines or something.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 6:01:27 PM
I love how the distant planets and such with the pixel graphics bring me back to the days of Dune. When the pod crashes that distant planet reminds me of arrakis as well (the planet Dune is set on) smiley: biggrin

Also while in a call with friends something came up and i saw the ship's ID : Penal Transport. I had to look penal up after xD but some crude things came to mind after the small topic they were talking about.

(below here is my long answer :P. I watched the video a number of times.)

As for the game i could see it being some sort of rouge-like top down shooter which is set in the endless space universe?

the crashing ship looks like it could be a united empire ship.

When the pod crashes the door is smacked by something but i think this is just a wild creature from the alien surface. Even though the endless are quite mysterious i doubt they are brutish enough to produce the sound that appears just before the door is hit. I see the endless being more like the harmony as they are both incredibly old empires, I'm guessing the endless were born at the same time as the universe just as the harmony were. Also after a few more playbacks the door sounds as if its not landing on a hard stone surface or something similar, it sounds more fleshy as if it landed on the creature and squashed it or as if the planets surface or where they landed is in some sort of hive with some sort of growth.

(i think i just dragged it out but with all the un-certainties in the teaser i wasn't sure how else to say it :P )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 5:15:46 PM
A button which you have to press every 108 minutes.

That, or lots of Fun (the Dwarf Fortress definition).
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 3:05:02 PM
A singular point of probability which observing, to measure it's properties, will infact have its potential reduced to near-zero by the very act and become cemented into a measurable, observable form which can no longer exist in infinite states of probability.

Or a dog with a giant-space-monster soundboard.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 12:27:36 PM
draeh wrote:
Nice Dragonlance reference.

Yes, he had just become more powerful than a god when he teleported into another universe, then someone heard him start to hack and cough so he thought those people could make him some tea, but they presumed he was a monster and shot him. Thus ended the reign of Raistlin Majere smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:41:57 AM
Behind the door:

Stranded on a planet of the Virus-Faction, the creatures swarm the place to immediately dismantle the ship's parts and to assimilate the crew.

or:

A Planet full of natives doing THIS to the shooter:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:32:26 AM
draeh wrote:
Nice Dragonlance reference.

This was one first pc games I ever played. I have read the books too. I recognise the game but could not place it.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:24:31 AM
Well it probably won't force you to do the tutorial, but there probably is one.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:11:51 AM
AdvanS3b wrote:
smiley: redface

Scary picture. XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 9:59:54 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
One of my Steam friends just told me "a Steph monster". Totally not offended.

smiley: redface

Steph'nie wrote:
What's behind the door?

"The Horror's Crepe", big guru of the bloody tribe living on the planet Eg9sandfl0urs.
0Send private message
Comment