Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What's Behind The Door? [CONTEST]

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 12:37:07 AM
I believe that it is some sort of spider/mantis alien.

And as to the genre of the game I think it is going to be a 8-bit RPG with some dungeon aspect to it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 16, 2013, 7:46:03 PM
In the wreckage of the escape pod, 3 figures stand, dazed from their miraculous escape.The emergency lighting kicks in, giving a vague impression of the interior of the pod.Suddenly a thud at the hatch, and vague growling from outside.

The door opens with a clang. An eerie silence descends on the crashed ship. Cautiously, one survivor edges towards the door. His eyes meet those of his two companions. They nod.

He nimbly ducks into the doorway, gun raised to confront whatever creatures lurk in the darkness. His worst fears are confirmed as a voice from his darkest nightmares intones, "Hello, do you have a moment to talk about our lo-"

His shot cuts the dreaded words short.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 16, 2013, 3:31:26 PM
What's Behind The Door?

Easy - Arthur Dent offering them a copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy of course smiley: wink

Definitely love the RPG elements this could involve, reminiscent of a Space Opera type environment with re-playability options to inspire fun for months (if not years) to come.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:15:59 PM
A mix of Dungeons of Dredmor and Sword of the stars. the Pit set in the Endless Space universe. Tho Squad based.

There are lots of hillarious Items/skills/monsters.

With this answer I've pretty much got the prize for the least creative guess safe.

Whait, what? There is no prize for that ?!?! CURSES!!!! smiley: biggrin

Oh what's actually BEHIND the door, obviously an Encyclopedia sales-Amoeba
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 4:59:54 PM
I think behind the door is a honey monster or some automations.

Who reprogrammed the flight computer? and turn us into a computer game

DarkMeph

(sorry my brain starting to hurt to much I could not think of anything better)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 4:09:42 PM
znork wrote:
Grump Grogh. His beein hiding in his dungeon for years and hade a nice life. he was just about to eat breakfast when somebody crashed in too his cave and just shot him. Grump Grogh became 154 years old that would be like 96 earth years wiche would be about 25% of his expected life span. Grump Grogh hade wanted to a cave monster all his life. But he was killed a life wasted a dream broken. we will never know what Grump Grogh could have been. Now his frinds are realy pissed off and want revange!

Awesome and sad.

Poor. Grump Grogh. He probably just wanted to see if they needed help... smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:52:06 PM
Grump Grogh. His beein hiding in his dungeon for years and hade a nice life. he was just about to eat breakfast when somebody crashed in too his cave and just shot him. Grump Grogh became 154 years old that would be like 96 earth years wiche would be about 25% of his expected life span. Grump Grogh hade wanted to a cave monster all his life. But he was killed a life wasted a dream broken. we will never know what Grump Grogh could have been. Now his frinds are realy pissed off and want revange!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:48:33 PM
ilitarist wrote:
Billions of Horatio.

Horatio is perfect for a game. You don't have to explain why there're thousands of them, they all use the same graphics, some are more powerful the other... And you don't have any moral problems with killing them!

You mean, if you kill one, you killed them all? XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:47:38 PM
Billions of Horatio.

Horatio is perfect for a game. You don't have to explain why there're thousands of them, they all use the same graphics, some are more powerful the other... And you don't have any moral problems with killing them!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:28:51 PM
Troodon wrote:
Of all the planets to crash-land on, they just HAD to pick the one with the "Hostile Fauna" anomaly.

Actually, I'm hoping for some hostile flora in the form of hellgourds. ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:23:27 PM
Of all the planets to crash-land on, they just HAD to pick the one with the "Hostile Fauna" anomaly.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 3:19:03 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
If you are in the game, it's either as an amazon warrior or damsel in distress, I bet. smiley: stickouttongue

No, a dead spacecraft, if the teaser trailer is to be relied upon.

I was coming here to post the "isometric, turn-based, squad-based rogue-alike set in the Endless Space universe" idea, but it's been put forth already.

So I'm going to go with either that (extending it to exploring planets in our ES galaxies), or possibly an adventure/exploration game set in the ES universe.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 5:14:24 PM
What's behind the door?

Creeping paranoia, unbearable self-doubt and the inevitable collapse of what is left of your sanity.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 2:57:14 PM
Something which has the capacity to profoundly change the life of our 3 misadventures, to the point of actually ending it. - Something dangerous and/or influential.
0Send private message
Comment