Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

mac version full screen bug

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Feb 8, 2015, 8:17:53 PM
Anyone who has more than one monitor can't play full screen without disconnecting all but one. No, this isn't a switchable graphics issue, so asking "have you tried [linktopostaboutgfxCardStatus]" isn't helpful, and shows that you didn't bother to actually read anything I wrote. Amplitude isn't ever getting another dime of my money. Congratulations on pissing off your user base.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 7:17:43 PM
Archive 2.zip

Here are the requested files.

When I switch to fullscreen, the screen goes black, music keeps playing and I still got your cursor. I need to cmd q to recover.

If I do it with cmd + F the game restarts in windowed mode, if I do it from the settings I need to edit the xml file to toggle the fullscreen flag to false.

Thanks a lot
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 10:20:10 PM
Physically removing one of my 2 graphics cards resolves the crash, but that clearly isn't an option. As Steam won't handle refunds, how do I get my money back for this broken game?
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 10:42:22 AM
same problem here:

fullscreen mode go all black

mac pro 5.1 (2010, ati5770)

and window mode is fine.

Maybe the DMProxy-Info will help the developers to fix this bug

dmproxy-info.zip
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 23, 2014, 6:39:28 AM
Same issue here, fullscreen mode goes blank but the game is still running, based on the audio. I have to edit the xml settings file to get back to windowed mode, it doesn't seem to revert by itself as you'd expect.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

16GB RAM

2x AMD FirePro D500

Yosemite 10.10.1
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40:49 PM
Could we get an update on this issue ? It's really annoying... Endless Dungeon had the same issue on launch but it's fixed since 2 months...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 22, 2014, 12:41:13 PM
Hi there,

Can you give us more details on your Mac OS version? Have you tried updating to the latest graphics drivers?

Thanks
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 11, 2015, 7:07:24 PM
The game pisses Mac users off ! It simply doesn´t work as a 4x game should. And no bug fixes during all the months
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 12, 2015, 5:44:30 AM
My guess is that a decision has been made to not spend resources fixing the bug. Can i get a refund through steam if this is the case? I'm finding it difficult to play windowed and i purchased assuming it would be able to work in fullscreen.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 19, 2015, 1:43:56 AM
Same problem here. However, it will take you about 2 seconds to fix the bug. In the player settings in Unity, change the Mac full screen mode from "capture display" to "full screen window". This is what you use for Endless Space, and it works fine. Please don't use "capture display" for any games until such time as Unity fixes the issue (consider submitting a bug report to them about this). I'll send you my consulting bill. smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 22, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
Changing "capture display" to "full screen window" will get rid of not being able to tab out as well. I've tried to switch to windowed mode but I can not select the game window to confirm the change and it times out back to full screen. Leaving me only 9 seconds to get what ever I need to get done, done. Issues related?
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 3, 2015, 3:21:09 AM
Gentleman wrote:
I'm on Yosemite (beta) and I've no problem playing full screen mode.

The only drawback, which I hope WILL be fixed is that I cannot "alt tab" to desktop.

Isn't it Cmd-Tab?

(It doesn't work either by the way)

Many Mac games have problems at the moment (Son of Nor for instance)

It's a wrapper problem I Suppose...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2015, 5:23:21 PM
I had also this problem, but changing on screen panel (I have Cinema Display) to HDMI and resolution 720i it works fine.

(sorry for my english).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 24, 2015, 3:01:57 AM
I've had this same "fullscreen is blank but windowed mode works fine" problem in a few different Unity-based games, so I set out to get to the bottom of it. Turns out it's been a known issue for years: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/mac-os-fullscreen-problem-retina-display.217858/

I convinced the developers of another Unity-based game, Ziggurat, to change their "MacFullscreenMode" setting to "FullscreenWindow" in the Unity build settings. This fixed the problem in Ziggurat, I can now play in fullscreen, and I have no doubt it'd fix the problem in Endless Legend as well. Hopefully somebody at Amplitude sees this and is willing to try it out. I don't know why Unity hasn't just removed this option yet, like they state they were going to in that Unity forum post.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message