Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Game Loading Screen Stuck on 'Game Launched and read'

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jan 16, 2017, 2:33:07 AM
HunterRowe wrote:

Mine is crashing after the "SEGA" clip. I don't know much about computers and would very much appreciate some help. I have a Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, and a Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 card. Please help?

Intel cards are unsupported by the game

You can try to update your intel video drivers. But that does not guarantee the game will work.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 15, 2017, 4:06:36 AM

Mine is crashing after the "SEGA" clip. I don't know much about computers and would very much appreciate some help. I have a Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, and a Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 card. Please help?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 13, 2016, 3:59:05 PM

Hi there's a new patch out that addresses a lot of save loading issues. Restart Steam to get the new patch

Note that UE saves are likely corrupted so start a new UE game and try it out.

If you have other issues please continue to post them so they can be looked at

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 10, 2016, 5:53:22 PM

what is weird is that im experiencing a  the same issue. only my game fails to load if it loads any other save other than a United Empire play through

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 10, 2016, 10:03:51 AM
satoru wrote:
Firthya wrote:

No launching fresh games is absolutely fine, launches it in record time it's just trying to load the saves that's what giving me grief, like I said only seemed to happen after the update with the UE faction.

I'd post your impacted save games here as well. The devs woudl have to take a look at what in particular with your save game is causing the issue

UEA.zip

Interesting, it seems I am only having this problem if I am playing with the United Empire faction. The other factions that we started off with (Lumeris and The Vodyani are the only ones I've tested so far) are loading their games without a hitch.

Ok now I am even more confused, I just made a new UE game to test it, initial launch worked as expected, loaded to another faction, worked fine, but then I loaded back into the UE TEST save and it loaded fine. I'm not sure what to make of that considering my original UE save would not launch at all. Could it be possible the file was broken/corrupt?

UE TEST.zip  <-- This one loads fine.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 10:35:49 PM
Firthya wrote:

No launching fresh games is absolutely fine, launches it in record time it's just trying to load the saves that's what giving me grief, like I said only seemed to happen after the update with the UE faction.

I'd post your impacted save games here as well. The devs woudl have to take a look at what in particular with your save game is causing the issue

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 8:45:44 PM

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 13, 2016, 3:29:37 PM

Do you have any audio enhancement programs from a sound card or something else? I've had some reports of audio enhancement programs causing issues.

What error do you get when trying to reinsall the dot net framework?

Nope not that i am aware of? But it might be as Nightmare90 is saying. I have to go out and force shutdown on the program as it is just stuck at "game launched and ready!"

Regarding framework, it dont give me any error, it just tells me that framework is allready installed and i cant remove, or reinstall it

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 7:58:15 PM
satoru wrote:
Firthya wrote:

Yeah you were right the Intel graphics were being auto selected so I swapped it to the Quadro NVIDIA, sadly I am still having the same issue

I can't tell what driver verison you're running so I'd start with installing the absolute latest drivers from Nvidia

Also Quattro cards are not really 'gaming' cards so its a bit hard to tell if it'll work or not

All my cards upto latest, I can't seeing my cards being the problem as I was able to load old games from ES2 before the latest patch came about.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 7:53:18 PM
Firthya wrote:

Yeah you were right the Intel graphics were being auto selected so I swapped it to the Quadro NVIDIA, sadly I am still having the same issue

I can't tell what driver verison you're running so I'd start with installing the absolute latest drivers from Nvidia

Also Quattro cards are not really 'gaming' cards so its a bit hard to tell if it'll work or not

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 7:30:10 PM

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 7:13:39 PM
Firthya wrote:
satoru wrote:
Firthya wrote:

Mine load crash seems to be a bit different then others but could be the same.

Mine seems to crash 2/3 of the way through the loading at 'Launching Game'

https://gyazo.com/e33837264bf42e276e15b8eb5b872f0b

I checked my file route and the only brackets I have is like this : PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Endless Space 2 -> Endlesspace2.exe

Those are my only special characters and laptop won't let me get rid of them assuming that was a way to fix it anyway.

Can you post your dxdiag as well as the output_log.txt file

DxDiag_Firthya.txt

output_log.txt

Your specs show you have an Nvidia Mobility chip running on a laptop. In that situation its likely the game is trying to run on the Intel card rather than the Nvidia one you have. 

You should try to force the game to use the Nvidia card via the Nvidia Control Panel

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 3:52:33 PM
satoru wrote:
Firthya wrote:

I checked my file route and the only brackets I have is like this : PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Endless Space 2 -> Endlesspace2.exe

Those are my only special characters and laptop won't let me get rid of them assuming that was a way to fix it anyway.

DxDiag_Firthya.txt

output_log.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 3:27:53 AM
Firthya wrote:

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 8, 2016, 10:22:49 PM

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 2:12:01 PM

Oh sorry looks like Steam removed the software listing from that recently. Kind of a bummer as it was an easy way to get the software listing on a system. That's my bad.

Nothing in particular jumps out other than the Origin overlay as a possibility.

Can you post your output_log.txt file as well

Nightmare90 wrote:
satoru wrote:

Again please post EVERYTHING from Steam-Help-Sytem Information including hte software portiong

I can't follow you. I exactly followed the path you have given to us and this is the only information given by the System Information screen of Steam. I pasted everything there was into the .txt file. Doesn't look like there was any software information collected by Steam.

Edit:

You are looking for misc software, right? Here is what is covered by the windows uninstall manager:

Edit2:

Uninstalled the SQL Server shite as I don't need it right now and it started with many background processes. No changes, no surprises.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 11, 2016, 9:42:55 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

Curious, the generator wasn't external in any previous game right (I think Endless Legend has its own generator)

My Diagnostic files have been included in a zip along with my most recent log.
DiagnosticsZaphyr.zip

output_log.txt

I'll tinker with some other software to see what happens.

Actually, the generator was external in our previous 4X games (ES1 and EL), it is now internal. But the AI is external now.

Using the new patch and its --disabled-ai launch option, I tested this issue again. Looks like it is indeed somehow connected to AI, the game loaded no problem.

As for .NET frameworks and Visual C++ distributions, is it maybe covered in here? I don't know where one does look up the requested information.

Trying to update my windows in the coming days. I deactivated the auto update routine with the release of windows 10 and maybe this cause this specific issue.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 7:49:02 AM

Curious, the generator wasn't external in any previous game right (I think Endless Legend has its own generator)

My Diagnostic files have been included in a zip along with my most recent log.
DiagnosticsZaphyr.zip

output_log.txt

I'll tinker with some other software to see what happens.

Actually, the generator was external in our previous 4X games (ES1 and EL), it is now internal. But the AI is external now.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment