Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Game Loading Screen Stuck on 'Game Launched and read'

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 8:16:33 PM

To add the --disable-ai option 

1) right click on ES2 in your steam library -> Properties-> "Set Launch Options"

2) In the box put in --disable-ai

3) launch ES2

Restart Steam and reverify your game cache first just to be sure you have the absolute latest version of the game that supports that option

Just tried this, and still the same problem.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 8:04:55 PM

To add the --disable-ai option 

1) right click on ES2 in your steam library -> Properties-> "Set Launch Options"

2) In the box put in --disable-ai

3) launch ES2

Restart Steam and reverify your game cache first just to be sure you have the absolute latest version of the game that supports that option

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 10:45:29 AM

Problem Solved!  See Below-

For lack of a better thread, I am posting here

My game launches fine with no apparent crashes.  When I get to the loading screen after starting a new game the readout says everything up to "Game Launched and ready". A game session never actually starts and it seems to hang on the loading screen indefinitely. (since I see no crash report or know where logs are I cannot confirm if this is indeed a "crash") .  The hang is specifically on the following screen and there is never a pop up error message (cropped to save space). 

Here are my specs, DxDiag, and other logs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.50 GHz

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 5800 series (specifically 5830)*

DxDiag_Zaphyr.txt

Steam System Info_Zaphyr.txt

output_log.txt

*According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ on 10/6/2016 I can run the game on minimum requirements.  I don't mind running the game on at a resolution.

**I have tried all relevant troubleshooting in Frogsquadron's post.

Problem fixed as per:

see: Game Launched and Ready thread Page 4

This specific error seems be caused by 'special characters' present in the name of the file directory in which ES2 is installed.

Big thanks to Etheon for providing!

Thanks!

Edit: Problem Fixed

Edit: *sigh* Somehow I left the y out from ready.  The thread title should say "New Game Loading Screen stuck on 'Game Launched and ready'"

Edit: Added output_log.txt, there is no error.log since in my cases there is no specific crash.

Setting launch options in Steam to:    --disable-ai      does get past the loading screen.

Still present in [0.1.19] 'Update One'

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 7:47:39 PM
tim1983 wrote:

1) try restarting Steam, the beta is still ongoing as far as I know

2) Your video drivers are a bit old, please update your Nvidia drivers to the latest version

3) make sure you try the --disable-ai option if it doesn't work. Note this option is only useful if your game crashes/hangs AFTER you try to create a new game.

1) i tried restarting steam to no effect.

2) uhm, that is a bit weird since i should be running the latest driver version 373.06 from Nvidia?

3) i will try this option and see if it helps.

1) Did you rigth click ES2 in your library->Properties->BETAS-> click the pull down and you will see the beta. No password is needed so the pulldown should have the beta in it already.

2) Sorry I read 1-10-16 as Jan 10 not Oct 1st (blame the Yanks on that one)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 7:38:57 PM

2) Your video drivers are a bit old, please update your Nvidia drivers to the latest version

3) make sure you try the --disable-ai option if it doesn't work. Note this option is only useful if your game crashes/hangs AFTER you try to create a new game.

1) i tried restarting steam to no effect.

2) uhm, that is a bit weird since i should be running the latest driver version 373.06 from Nvidia?

3) i will try this option and see if it helps. Edit: I cant see this option ? Where is this supposed to be ? Anyway, you say i should try it but then you say it is only useful AFTER i create a new game. well it wont even let me create one game, so i fail to see how this should help ?

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 7:01:56 PM
tim1983 wrote:

That is very mysterious, i tried to install the latest beta, and i still have the same problem. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstall, now the beta opt in is gone, i dont know if the beta is still in effect, but results are the same. this issue still occurs. i have attached my latest Dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 6:22:33 PM

That is very mysterious, i tried to install the latest beta, and i still have the same problem. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstall, now the beta opt in is gone, i dont know if the beta is still in effect, but results are the same. this issue still occurs. i have attached my latest Dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 6:33:37 AM
satoru wrote:

Have you tried the latest beta?

If you could go to Steam-> Right click Endless Space 2-> Properties-> BETAS -> Select "0.1.3 Early Access Test" from the pulldown, no password is needed

Then click the GENERAL tab-> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... -> Add the following

--disable-ai

Then re-run the game and post the information the devs requested previously again so they can compare to see if the AI is causing the issues for you in particular

Ahh, I saw it earlier today and thought it required a password.  I just tried the latest beta and with that launch option the new game completes the startup!  I played the game for a while to make sure everything was running 'smoothly' (AI does nothing as seems expected)

Here are the files:

Diagnostics_Zaphyr.zip

output_log.txt

DxDiag_Zaphyr.txt

Big thanks so far!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 2:06:16 AM
Nightmare90 wrote:
AmpliMath wrote:

Curious, the generator wasn't external in any previous game right (I think Endless Legend has its own generator)

My Diagnostic files have been included in a zip along with my most recent log.
DiagnosticsZaphyr.zip

output_log.txt

I'll tinker with some other software to see what happens.

Actually, the generator was external in our previous 4X games (ES1 and EL), it is now internal. But the AI is external now.

Using the new patch and its --disabled-ai launch option, I tested this issue again. Looks like it is indeed somehow connected to AI, the game loaded no problem.

As for .NET frameworks and Visual C++ distributions, is it maybe covered in here? I don't know where one does look up the requested information.

Trying to update my windows in the coming days. I deactivated the auto update routine with the release of windows 10 and maybe this cause this specific issue.

I'd wait on AmpliMath to respond.

Given that the --disable-ai flag worked that means that somehow the AI module is causing the crash for you in particular. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 2:01:30 AM
Zaphyr wrote:

Minor Update:

I have tried to disable several different software that I have running, disabling my Antivirus (AVG), several cold reboots, renaming faction file names (though that shouldn't be any issue anyway) and I haven't been able to do anything different with the issue.  Since there is crash log I am kinda swinging in the dark here.  This seems like a hard issue to diagnose.   Is there any systematic/reliable way we can gather software lists/data to see if there are problems? Or maybe some nifty launch settings through steam to test out?

In any event, I have sort of ran out of ideas to test out on my end so if there is any more information I can provide so that the devs can reproduce this issue just let me know.  I will not refund the game because I trust that this issue will eventually be sorted out, but until then I think I will be playing the Tempest expansion for Endless Legend.

Have you tried the latest beta?

If you could go to Steam-> Right click Endless Space 2-> Properties-> BETAS -> Select "0.1.3 Early Access Test" from the pulldown, no password is needed

Then click the GENERAL tab-> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... -> Add the following

--disable-ai

Then re-run the game and post the information the devs requested previously again so they can compare to see if the AI is causing the issues for you in particular

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment