Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Design question

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 4:24:11 PM
Pylon wrote:
Maybe the first time a fleet arrives in a new system, an optional video sequence (rendered in the in-game engine, maybe?) doing a nice solar flyby or something?

damn this is exactly what we had in mind, but sadly we had to put it on our wish list to be able to face reality... doesn't mean we are giving up yet...
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 4:42:36 PM
I've got a question regarding race design. Are the general looks of the predefined races already decided or are there still some future polls that will let us influence how the species will look? And will we be able to customize the appearance of custom races or will we have to make do with uploaded pictures?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 6:39:35 PM
The system view of the game reminds me of MOO3 and since it was the only good thing this game did I quite like it the way it is in the screenshots. The planet view is also very good IMO.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 6:47:23 PM
I have another question regarding alien species. Is there going to be a species with an emphasis on organic technology, or will you be able to create one?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 4:09:10 PM
yes that is a very valied point how the planets is shown is a littel vired agaree
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 4:54:48 PM
Actually its very nice when you go for streamlined and fastpaced play.... easy and fast to overview instead of the entire solarsystem view...
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 4:55:52 PM
well there was this game that forgot a good town screen. so a god system view is a mustsmiley: biggrin

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 4:57:38 PM
Alternatives are great. The new townscreen for this game I still consider good from a MP-perspective... it doesnt clutter stuff up.

So turnable on/off yet again? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 5:05:23 PM
Yeah and in order to do that you gotta remove redundant stuff no? smiley: smile See you keep agreeing with me before you even know you would smiley: wink

0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 5:15:40 PM
Yeah, you should know better by now. smiley: smile I was right about the champagne-bet too remember smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 5:59:51 PM
To come back on topic, what we wanted was to have both beautiful planets and a very gameplay efficient view.

The original prototype had the view start with all the planets around the sun, and then move quickly in place to all face the player more or less as they are now.

that was nice, but after seeing that animation one time too many, it made you want to simply be more efficient.

keeping the perspective was also creating a hierarchy between the front planets and the back planets, and all the planets had to be small in order to fit in the screen, so for us it was not an option.

0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 3:06:13 PM
First let me say I love what you guys are doing with this enterprise, getting a new awesome 4x game out while including the community in it's development is just awesome and it really should become an example to follow for other in my opinion. Well in any case, I wanted to ask the only thing I did not like from everything you guys have showed of Endless Space until now; and that is merely the system view. To me it breaks the immersion to have all the planets lined up, instead of simply showing the entire star system, with a beautiful star in the middle as a plus. I am sure this has to have come up during design meetings and the such, so the real questions is why you guys decided to go this way instead of the full star system view. I am really curious about this.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 6:43:36 PM
znork wrote:
well make it optional the spacetroll. smiley: biggrin

What he said... not to mention it adds flavor when letting people try it out. Even if you tire of it... its still an option you should let gamers decide. Especially if it was made already.
0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 7, 2012, 8:01:27 PM
Practicality over visual drool. I don't mind the planet/system view... Reminds me of BOTF.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment