Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Design question

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 1:35:33 AM
Yeah, I'm with the devs on this one. I think it's a very tasteful and efficient way of operating "in-system" as it were, and speaks more to a clinical, business-like interface.

Big fan. That said, I loved Star Ruler's effort in that regard, with the orbiting planetary bodies in individual systems.

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 2:16:58 AM
Then it's just another argument of practicality versus aesthetics(it kinda reminds me of women armor in games smiley: biggrin ), with practicality coming up on top on this one. Nevertheless, as it has been suggested here, if a more aesthetic system screen had already been implemented; why not make it optional? I for one would totally use that one, unless there were like a trillion planets per system; but since it has already been restricted by design to like 6 or 7, it should not be a problem.

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 4:33:49 AM
I like the perspective to add some efficiency to the process. Far too often games fall prey to 'ooh shiny' for a cut scene 99.9% of players would rather skip once they've seen it one time.

i'm all for efficiency of play for when the game gets heavy and you want to jump straight to the point. Then again I admit the first draw is the way a game looks which at times detracts from gameplay and distra... oooh shiny....

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 7:27:48 AM
maceman wrote:
I like the perspective to add some efficiency to the process. Far too often games fall prey to 'ooh shiny' for a cut scene 99.9% of players would rather skip once they've seen it one time.

i'm all for efficiency of play for when the game gets heavy and you want to jump straight to the point. Then again I admit the first draw is the way a game looks which at times detracts from gameplay and distra... oooh shiny....

Yeah and the games where ive seen its possible to skip em either by settings or a big "skip" button works like a charm form me. I have a preference of both being there.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 7:42:14 AM
SpaceTroll wrote:
and all the planets had to be small in order to fit in the screen, so for us it was not an option.

Scrolling the list of planets wasn't a good solution ?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 8:05:52 AM
It looks quite functional. I admit a "realistic" system view would be nice, but more eye-candy than anything else.

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 8:56:10 AM
Alderbranch wrote:
Yeah and the games where ive seen its possible to skip em either by settings or a big "skip" button works like a charm form me. I have a preference of both being there.

aaaa the old nice skip button smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 9:45:07 AM
I click it without even noticing until I come across that occasional game that *forces* you to watch the entire cut scene ever time... grrr

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment