Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Design question

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:39:14 PM
znork wrote:
the thing is trasman is that if people dont have it they will whine. If they have it tey turn it off. And people rewving games never play them so long as to turn stuff like that off they just whine that its not there and gives the game a lover grade.

They can whine all they want (they will ALWAYS whine about something).

As long as hteir wihining doesn't have proper merit, who cares.

Having solar systems with planet orbits has never been a "make-or-break" feature. And if it is for someone, I have to question their sanity. A clean and fuctional UI is a must.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 10:06:06 AM
people like shining things. That is why gold is so expensive. So i sugest make it functunal and butifull but we also have to be emerged in the game. Getting this wron weel anger a lot of people. I know i have seen what happenssmiley: biggrin
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 11:56:36 AM
znork wrote:
people like shining things. That is why gold is so expensive. So i sugest make it functunal and butifull but we also have to be emerged in the game. Getting this wron weel anger a lot of people. I know i have seen what happenssmiley: biggrin

Haven't we all, I think there are hardly any person attending this forum that is of a different opinion.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:22:03 PM
xord wrote:
??????????????

Please keep posts to actual contents and not just a bunch of questionmarks. I will remove such posts from now on.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:24:17 PM
Alderbranch wrote:
Please keep posts to actual contents and not just a bunch of questionmarks. I will remove such posts from now on.

i wanted to post one question mark but you can't post only a question mark
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:26:44 PM
Zep' wrote:
Scrolling the list of planets wasn't a good solution ?

Since they wouldn't all be on the screen..I guess the answer would be "no".
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:28:29 PM
znork wrote:
well make it optional the spacetroll. smiley: biggrin

Waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere...
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:30:36 PM
the thing is trasman is that if people dont have it they will whine. If they have it tey turn it off. And people rewving games never play them so long as to turn stuff like that off they just whine that its not there and gives the game a lover grade.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:34:33 PM
xord wrote:
i wanted to post one question mark but you can't post only a question mark

And that is a bad post since none knows what the point of your post was to beginwith... hence add some actual contents that does contribute something please.

znork wrote:

Znork is right in this. Its sadly the exact same comment ill use to counter his own argument in another thread. smiley: smile
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:36:17 PM
yes but in this thread i dont have to choose so i want it all. hade i been forced to choose then we would have goten a clerar answer
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 8, 2012, 11:35:24 PM
Maybe the first time a fleet arrives in a new system, an optional video sequence (rendered in the in-game engine, maybe?) doing a nice solar flyby or something?

Now I remember what this quandary reminded me of. East India Company! The docking/trading menu. Prior to the Director's cut/GOTY edition, every time you went into a port with a fleet to trade, it had to load up a nice but ultimately useless 3D render of the town. After much debate, the devs finally put in the option of simply having a menu overlay instead of the 3D representation. Made the game much more fluid, especially considering you're menu hopping a lot.

0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:41:04 PM
Yes but it also has to look good and make you feel that you are running solar sytem
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:45:42 PM
znork wrote:
Yes but it also has to look good and make you feel that you are running solar sytem

Well only for the first times to get you into the game.. after that it usually goes mechanical on howto make everything better, faster, stronger etc
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 1:53:30 PM
yes but the frist time is very imporant reviews are often bassed on that.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 2:17:09 PM
znork wrote:
yes but the frist time is very imporant reviews are often bassed on that.

That and the single player part
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 9, 2012, 2:24:39 PM
Yes, albeit you can get 2 separate reviews.

I remember the reviews about R.U.S.E. in that respect. SP was so/so but MP was glowing, as far as reviews go.

Alderbranch wrote:
That and the single player part
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 11, 2012, 10:01:04 AM
The system screen reminded me of MOO3 screen and i never liked nor MOO3 nor its GUI.

I have nothing against the way the system is represented in The Endless though.

However a small picture somewhere on that screen with a star and planets on orbits would be nice. Could be put somewhere with system-wide FIDS/aproval/etc info. ( BTW will there be such a thing or will we have only per-planet info as it is shown here?).
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 3:29:05 PM
Okim wrote:
The system screen reminded me of MOO3 screen and i never liked nor MOO3 nor its GUI.

I have nothing against the way the system is represented in The Endless though.

However a small picture somewhere on that screen with a star and planets on orbits would be nice. Could be put somewhere with system-wide FIDS/aproval/etc info. ( BTW will there be such a thing or will we have only per-planet info as it is shown here?).

System wide details would be really useful especially if the build queues etc. are per system not per planet.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment