Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New G2G - voting

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 26, 2012, 11:25:54 AM
I liked the Mongol for the Cravers & the Navy for the UE. The Mongol names seem the most (to me because I'm not Mongol) unique and something I am not familiar with. Like from another race, though if I were I mongol the others may seem more like that.

I think the Navy one fits the UE because I don't know. I just like that better than the others for some reason.

Abjad got my vote for the Cravers. I can see the sense of madness. For the UE I honestly could not pick a winner. So iny miny moe's, I'm not telling who I chosesmiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 6:31:26 AM
Voted for Mongolian and Celestial. Though i wished celestial to be made of star/nebulae names rather than 'planets' and 'moons'. Actually i can see where i can put meteors, comets and asteroids with galaxies. Hive was my second choice for the Cravers, but Mongolian sounds nicer and unfamiliar, thus mysterious smiley: smile

Humans navy and life cycle didn`t impress me at all.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 6:59:24 AM
I've voted for the navy vessels for UE, just because the other options aren't living up to anything good.

The celestial bodies nomenclature is too Star Trek for me to appreciate. I mean... Galaxy class ships? Been there, watched 2nd generation just too often, don't want to, again.

Just see Constellation class Nebula class Galaxy class. And frankly, there are bigger objects than galaxies in the universe, namely galaxy clusters. Just doesn't seem too handy a name.

The star life cycle nomenclature begins good but ends up a lot worse. Until nova, everything was alright, but why did you shorten neutron star to neutron?!? Doesn't make sense to name all your ships after the star cycle and then start to name them after particles. Also pulsars are something attributed to neutron stars that rotate fast, no sense in placing them after black holes. Magnetars are neutron stars with an enormous magnetic field, again the same problem. It just seems you've run out of names in the end.

Instead you might have taken white and brown dwarfs into account, but I get that no one wants to build dwarf ships...

At last, quark is an elementary particle. I don't see the sense of putting that at the very end. Also it IS an unfortunate choice, because there are no translations for "quark" into other languages that I know of and at least in german it is written the same as curd...

The naval shipnames are rather unimaginative, but they are the only logical option for UE among those you've presented us.

For the Cravers I agree with Alderbranch that some badass names are not very well chosen and that there are sufficient alternatives.

For the hive names I simply fear that hardly anybody knows enough biology to understand them, but otherwise I'm happy with those. XD

The mongol names simply don't "say" anything to me, so I cannot really rate them. I don't even have an idea how you would speak them. Might be an idea to have someone on the dev team speak the list, so we know how you plan to pronunciate at least the very alien names?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 7:10:50 AM
Keep in mind, it is supposed to complement our feel of the faction.

Hence I understand the mongol thingie (and yeah, I was aware it had to do with military grades from the start and no it didn't bother me).

So for the cravers what do we have: hive mentality, badass and mongols... you know, the guys who historically speaking began as small nomad tribes in the steppes and kicked enough butt to conquer the greatest empire of the time, namely China. A parallel I can see with the cravers story actually.

Not having seen Star Trek Next Gen, wasn't really bothered with the thingie and I found it was a nice touch.

Navy vessels was indeed a classic, prolly got most votes too. smiley: smile

Where I agree with you is with the endnames of the Badass, could have been more in sync with the rest...Albeit I must admit your commentar cracked me up. Reminded me of Travolta in "From Paris with Love". smiley: smile

Alderbranch wrote:

The lexicons were a bit of a downer for the cravers... the first bad-ass seemed badass enough up until you got to Queensship?!? I mean wtf???

Patroller --- Yeah thats really badass

Forager --- Badass garbage-collector??

Predator --- Now were talking

Raider --- Seriously??

Ravager --- Back on track!

Maruder --- Awesome... it should have been at raider...

Pillager --- Nice... that works

Queensship --- Honestly mates... Whats next Little baby boardingvessel. If Queensship is badass id like to resign from the game then and there just to not have to meet the aweinspiring "Little princess with a big gun"-ship

Hiveship --- Might suit them cause its the carvers... but not badass

Swarmship... awe... come on!!!! N O T badass

There ya have some more bad-assy-names to pick from.

Hive i wont even comment...

Mongol names atleast sound better...

Until you break it down and realise... yeah they are army-sizes and units etc from ancient mongolia among other things.

Nokud - Type of missile cavalry

Aravt - Unit of 10

Zuut - Unit of 100

Jaghun - Unit of 100

Mingghan - Unit of 1000

Noyan - Commander

Tjumen - Unit of ten thousand

Orlok

IIkhan - Rule over persia...

Ordu - Akin to ordo which means "seat of power" among other things

My vote is N/A since the first is posed to be the best but then it needs a rehaul.

The humans...

Celestial bodies... Thats crap, sorry to say it. Was that coffee-break inspired?

The middle one is nice since Nova and Magnetar in the second vote were ok based on the lifecycle... but other than that... silly.

Navy vessels - yeah.. that made this poll a no-brainer... Got most votes I recon. smiley: smile

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh but atleast im being honest.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 7:30:47 AM
I rather like Adjad's and Andzelika Z's descriptions. There can never be too many mad scientists, and while the gifted young commander is a classic I wanted to see something a little more unusual on the UE's side, so I voted for her.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 1:43:23 PM
I like Alien race ships that sounds somewhat Alien so it in C for Cravers.C for UE by a light year.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 26, 2012, 9:14:24 AM
Looks like the gifted young commander and the troubleshooter (a.k.a. Forsythe and H.prime) are in the lead right now. I was hoping we'd see a mad scientists kind of character on the Cravers' side, but looks like that won't be the case, at least for now. By the way, how will heroes for custom race be handled? Will they be randomly generated according to the traits we selected or do you have something else in mind?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 26, 2012, 10:25:04 AM
The good thing nightraid is that yesterday the mad scientist was in the lead so the score is quite close id say on those two. But for the UE I have no idea which of the other are close and just how close they are.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 23, 2012, 4:52:43 AM
The current four?! design-elements to choose from was a nice touch. smiley: smile

However the hero-bios were easier to vote on than the ship lexicons. I prefered the human administrator (more chicks to the ppl!) and the cravers I prefer the half-mad guy Abjad that likes to blow himself up apparently. smiley: smile

The lexicons were a bit of a downer for the cravers... the first bad-ass seemed badass enough up until you got to Queensship?!? I mean wtf???

Patroller --- Yeah thats really badass

Forager --- Badass garbage-collector??

Predator --- Now were talking

Raider --- Seriously??

Ravager --- Back on track!

Maruder --- Awesome... it should have been at raider...

Pillager --- Nice... that works

Queensship --- Honestly mates... Whats next Little baby boardingvessel. If Queensship is badass id like to resign from the game then and there just to not have to meet the aweinspiring "Little princess with a big gun"-ship

Hiveship --- Might suit them cause its the carvers... but not badass

Swarmship... awe... come on!!!! N O T badass

Annihilator

Obliterator

Grinder

Vindicator

Vanquisher

Slasher

Shredder

Reaper

Punisher

Incinerator

Cruncher

Agressor

Demolisher

There ya have some more bad-assy-names to pick from.

Hive i wont even comment...

Mongol names atleast sound better...

Until you break it down and realise... yeah they are army-sizes and units etc from ancient mongolia among other things.

Nokud - Type of missile cavalry

Aravt - Unit of 10

Zuut - Unit of 100

Jaghun - Unit of 100

Mingghan - Unit of 1000

Noyan - Commander

Tjumen - Unit of ten thousand

Orlok

IIkhan - Rule over persia...

Ordu - Akin to ordo which means "seat of power" among other things

My vote is N/A since the first is posed to be the best but then it needs a rehaul.

The humans...

Celestial bodies... Thats crap, sorry to say it. Was that coffee-break inspired?

The middle one is nice since Nova and Magnetar in the second vote were ok based on the lifecycle... but other than that... silly.

Navy vessels - yeah.. that made this poll a no-brainer... Got most votes I recon. smiley: smile

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh but atleast im being honest.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 11:17:01 AM
I'm so inattentive. I've voted for the hive lexicon instead of abjad story and for bichara instead of mangol lexicon. Is there a way to change our votes ?

By the way, hi guys =)
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 11:24:37 AM
Loddfafnir wrote:
I'm so inattentive. I've voted for the hive lexicon instead of abjad story and for bichara instead of mangol lexicon. Is there a way to change our votes ?

By the way, hi guys =)

Hi and welcome to the forums, the perfect place to learn more about the game and actually to participate through g2g in its creation.

On changing your vote, it is not possible.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
Raptor wrote:
On changing your vote, it is not possible.

Well, i hope this is an upcoming feature for all the inattentive missclickers like me.
0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 12:44:09 PM
what is wrong withe lobbying. I do it all the time. and find it workssmiley: biggrin
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 12:47:07 PM
znork wrote:
what is wrong withe lobbying. I do it all the time. and find it workssmiley: biggrin

Just remember the space pirate lobbying. Didn't work, because many people voted before reading our propaganda and we started far too late (and didn't use enough badly concealed money presents...).
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 12:51:46 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Just remember the space pirate lobbying. Didn't work, because many people voted before reading our propaganda and we started far too late (and didn't use enough badly concealed money presents...).

Who said it did not?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 12:56:44 PM
znork wrote:
Who said it did not?

The result.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment