Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Retreat Card

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:29:26 PM
/Agree

Retreat with "cut off" counter card. And/or a hero dust cost version. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 3:10:30 PM
yes, a technology to disable engines or such so as to stop retreat would allow this card to remain balanced
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 4:25:21 PM
DJIllusion wrote:
Hi,

This bugged me when I first played (and still does really).

But could we have a 'Retreat / Emergency' retreat card. If they take you by surprise then you want to get out of there not just sit and get blown up...

Dan

Added and linked here. With related discussion thread here where we can discuss it further
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:59:04 PM
Yeah a retreat card that takes the entire "phase" to charge up would be nice - with a counter of course.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:59:14 PM
Some sort of retreat option would be nice, or give each individual fleet a running counter of potential options for defense/offense/retreat/evasion. Where for example if in my own home territory my fleets have a great opportunity for evasion and defense, and outside it would be dependent on the type of system/friendliness of system, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:01:29 PM
if there will be a retreat card, i feel that you should have to wait till the second round before you can employ it, so that hunting fleets with specliseds long-range weapons could still inflict damage on fleeing ships, but without being effective in a drawn out battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:19:07 PM
I agree, but I want to add a bit - to retreat fleet must have at least 1 unused movement point, which is used during retreat. This can work instead of (or in addition to) counter card - as enemy fleet won't be able to retreat every time you attack.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 3:54:18 PM
Was just thinking of this idea while I was playing today. A retreat card or an option in the battle initiation window would be nice. Especially when your level 1 scout meets 2 Pirates and there is no chance of winning.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:49:06 AM
Steph'nie wrote:

Retreat

We actually had to remove it for the Alpha. But it's there.

Thought I'd drop this quote, here. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:06:08 AM
Hello,

The idea is not only good, it's also in my sense essential. But maybe only some races would have access to "kamikaze" option, while others could sacrifice units to leave the field with the rest of the fleet, and some tech (i.e. : better engines) allow you to outrun the ennemy. Battles should end more often than not with the ennemie's retreat, not utter destruction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:46:18 PM
I totally agree! There could be a malus for retreat, like random fleet move and some damage taken.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:00:33 PM
definately agree on that one. kinda stinks when u know u cant win and just have to take the loss :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:05:55 PM
I for one do not really like the idea of a cheap card to run away without losses. Think about the AI playing it all the time! smiley: wink

It would make strange tactics available, such as sending a fast scout behind enemy lines and retreating everytime it is attacked.

But maybe something like thsi card could be introduced as a "Hero-card"? So you would have to pay dust for it, and maybe make it quite expensive?

So it is more about saving your hero than those pesky ships XD
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:11:48 PM
Yea a retreat card is a good idea but there should also be a counter card like blockade also the retreat should not be instant so that they at least take some damage ...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:12:26 PM
Well like any card there should be counters IMO.

So if there were a retreat card then it would belong to a certain category which itself would have a counter category.

This way retreat would be something of a last resort effort to try and not suffer total losses, but it's not a 100% guarantee.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:42:57 PM
Great

A card provided by an admiral, f.i.; or some kind of stealth tech; and of course a counter.
0Send private message
Comment