Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] is Endless Space too shallow?

some areas are over-baked
I like the minimalist approach - kudos to ES for bringing the core elements back to the fore
there are areas that need growing
I am disgusted by the lack of features; if this is 4x it's baby's first 4x
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 8:01:34 AM
the message from a number of threads seems to be 'ES is too restrictive in x field'

just a poll, but be free to comment

I myself believe the core mechanics of 4x games are, perhaps uniquely, clean and clear-cut in ES and would be sorry to see the game pressured into feature creep as it counts down to launch
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:05:13 PM
There are certainly areas that need a bit of work, due to only being half-implemented or AI balance issues, but over all I love the feel of ES. I would say balance and perhaps do some minor expansions on what exists, but nothing too drastic (like some of the combat suggestions I've seen).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:59:02 PM
I would like to see a increase in sophistication when it comes to combat. When you boil it down all it is is Rock, Paper, Missiles. Also like the idea of hero's and love the boost they give, but I would like to see more customization of hero's and maybe some interaction with them.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:20:58 PM
I would like to have more information availably. Both in battle and system management. How many "Locust points" do I have on a planet? How much trade does it generate? What things specifically are making the population unhappy?

I would also love the ability to see demographics of conquered planets. ie: 76% Sophens, 24% Cravers. But I realize this may be impossible to do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 2:49:16 PM
Im still saying that 10 things to put on your ships, makes the ship designer pretty much obsolete.

We need massive amounts of more stuff to put on the ships. This area of the game desperately calls for more care and love.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 2:10:52 PM
It's a great alpha version, but the combatsystem needs more variety. I don't have a lot of influence and decisions in battles. To put the attacks into phases isn't a good solution, I think. I prefer a turnbased or realtime combatsystem to have more control over my battleships. And why there is no "escape"-button for weaker fleets?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 1:12:29 PM
For an alpha, it's in a great state, but there's room for improvement. Of course, that's why it's an alpha, and the devs seem willing to listen.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment