Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Current G2G vote discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 8:12:09 PM
I voted for the unique planets. Although in theory more a proponent of random events etc to spice up gameplay, I felt that since the game lore/story is based on the ancient endless civilisation it is necessary for the game to have more things in it that reflect this. While events could also add fragments to do with the endless, I think something like an endless planet is really required here - and btw story-wise aren't all races meant to be fighting over the bits left over by the Endless a little? We need more bits! smiley: smile

Btw speaking of an ancient civilisation long gone and of younger races emerging and exploring what they left behind and fighting over it reminds me a little of the StarTrek Vanguard series, in which the ancient and powerful race is called the Shedai, anyone familiar with that? Many similarities there! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 5:37:00 PM
I voted for the map because I enjoy exploring and having unique things to explore would help with the ambiance, in my opinion. I also voted for the unique planets for the same reason.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 3:05:13 AM
greenmushroom23 wrote:
i always vote for burning systems, cause purging the galaxy of xenos taint (i always play as sheredyn) is always high priority on my "to-do" list

The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 30, 2012, 12:09:04 PM
Phex wrote:
I'm not sure why all people vote the map. You see it all the time and after a few minutes you get use to them so there is nothing special more. Like every shiny graphics do, after you play a game a lot it get fast less important. To see techs visual or diplomat acts like real people instand of a textbox seems to so much better. So, why you vote for a black hole on the galaxy map?

Hm, perhaps because every person has their own opinion on what they wish to see implemented the most? It's a pretty diverse community after all, so you shouldn't question why others vote differently, it's all about the individual likes, dislikes an preferences...

However, I'm sure we an all agree on one thing: it would be cool if, eventually, they implemented all the choices on offer! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 1:54:51 PM
I'm not sure why all people vote the map. You see it all the time and after a few minutes you get use to them so there is nothing special more. Like every shiny graphics do, after you play a game a lot it get fast less important. To see techs visual or diplomat acts like real people instand of a textbox seems to so much better. So, why you vote for a black hole on the galaxy map?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 9:00:48 PM
Well, the new G2G Vote ist just MEAN - i want all of the 3 options to be built in...

I voted for Galaxy Map!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 8:40:46 PM
I just wanted Endless Space to be like a futuristic Civilization 3.

so i voted for techs!

xD
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 6:08:07 PM
unique systems of course as systems play a much larger role and would be interesting for little crusades to take the unique systems, i am assuming they will be advantages to taking such systems for your empire.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 7:50:20 PM
i always vote for burning systems, cause purging the galaxy of xenos taint (i always play as sheredyn) is always high priority on my "to-do" list
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 3:43:10 PM
I voted for random events, being a fan of Crusader Kings 2 and having the ability to mod the game, multiple choice events can add a lot of atmosphere to the game, and even more replayability.

For example, you invade a planet and you get an event where you can chose A) "Eliminate the population (insert bonus/malus here)" b) Enslave them (and you get a production boost on the planet).

Or maybe you visit an unexplored galaxy/planet and there is an event that say that you have found a strange artifact, an ancient starship ecc ecc

In crusader kings i've added more than 100 events myself, and everytime i get a new idea, i just open the txt file and add it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 8:58:51 AM
Marthnn wrote:
Extinct races of highly advanced beings that left important artifacts throughout the galaxies, this is a common theme to very many sci-fi (and other fiction) universes. I'd have been surprised not to see such a thing in Endless Space. Actually, from what I gathered, the Endless were split into factions of their own, similar to Dan Simmons' Hyperion series and the TechnoCore, composed of millions of AIs roughly separated into 3 groups. And the Dust is nanorobots, able to "infect" beings, somewhat like replicators in Star Gate, except less evil...

Yet the Endless are a new flavor and I want to know more about them. Anyone knows who in Amplitude Studios wrote that lore? Where does it come from, who thought of the details?

Haha you're right there, I guess when it comes to certain themes it's a very very small universe out there!

I meant though that it wasn't just the basic setting which reminded me of ST Vanguard, it was also having other races nearby who also seek to explore the region, having diplomatic twists and angles and every so often a minor clash which must be contained before it turns into a full fledged war until that line is crossed and it all goes to hell - that all reminded me of the way I play ES! smiley: smile

I'm not that familiar with the other things you mentioned apart from Stargate, but I guess it might be similar there...

Marthnn wrote:
Now I regret my G2G vote... smiley: biggrin

Nah, don't, it'll all be implemented eventually so it's probably just a matter of setting priorities right for the Devs who want to know what we want to see added first! So don't worry! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 5:43:31 AM
n18991c wrote:
Btw speaking of an ancient civilisation long gone and of younger races emerging and exploring what they left behind and fighting over it reminds me a little of the StarTrek Vanguard series, in which the ancient and powerful race is called the Shedai, anyone familiar with that? Many similarities there! lol

Or the Halo series and the Forerunners, leaving behind (among other things) the Halo installations throughout the galaxy.

Or Star Gate and the Ancients, leaving behind (most notably) the Star Gates (oh, right!).

Or Iain M. Bank's Culture Series novels and The Veil, leaving behind whole artificial planets and such.

In Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, you can find strange monoliths of a long-gone past...

Myst and the D'ni (loved that one!) and the books letting you travel from one world to another.

Therry Goodkind's Sword of Truth (fantasy novels) and wizards of the time of the Great War, leaving a lot of powerful magic artifacts whose secrets can be understood no more.

Extinct races of highly advanced beings that left important artifacts throughout the galaxies, this is a common theme to very many sci-fi (and other fiction) universes. I'd have been surprised not to see such a thing in Endless Space. Actually, from what I gathered, the Endless were split into factions of their own, similar to Dan Simmons' Hyperion series and the TechnoCore, composed of millions of AIs roughly separated into 3 groups. And the Dust is nanorobots, able to "infect" beings, somewhat like replicators in Star Gate, except less evil...

Yet the Endless are a new flavor and I want to know more about them. Anyone knows who in Amplitude Studios wrote that lore? Where does it come from, who thought of the details?

Now I regret my G2G vote... smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 4:20:51 AM
I am always curious as to what people vote for and why, so for this one I decided to ask, especially as this vote has some good stuff. I personally voted for the unique systems, because I love exploring in 4x games and the game could use some unique systems. But I see the merits in having more random events with choices. Anyway, what did you vote for and why?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 8:51:07 AM
That's right, but here I see the problem.

I've you get not enough random events. It won't be unexpected after some (maybe short) time.

Well, we will see. ^_^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 8:35:20 AM
Hi, i voted for the random events idea.

A game which gives you unexpected actions to do is a game you will never stop playing.

If those kinds of events could be update by online connection, so this game would be perfect smiley: biggrin

(Sorry for my bad english - French gamer)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 7:58:42 AM
Hm, I'm still undecided.

I like both ideas, Random Events and Unique Systems.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 7:53:08 AM
I too voted unique systems. I love the exploration element. 10 on the 1-10 scale

Random Events - 7.5

Destroy an entire system - 3 - Its not something I ever do. In any game I have ever played. BUT I can see it as a legitimate tactic especially end game, where it could become a desperate battle to simply keep an enemy from destroying your systems. Needs major penalties for using it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 6:10:20 AM
I voted for unique systems. If I were to rank the 3 choices on a scale of 1-10 it'd be like this.

Unique Systems 10 - I too loved finding the Guardian, Orion and Antaran worlds in Moo2.

Random Events 8 - As long as there are at least as many positive as there are negative. If it's mostly negative events then the ranking would be a 3.

Destroy an entire System 1 - In Sword of the Stars there's a planet killer similar to the one from Star trek ToS. I always hate when the thing shows up even if I have a fleet that can destroy it, because it has usually eating several systems before I know about it.

Instead of destroying a system I'd be all for glassing a system. That is wiping out the inhabitants, buildings and possibly even altering the types of planets depending on the weapons used. This way I can still colonize it myself if I so choose. Alternately, the use of Bio-weapons to just kill the population while leaving all the buildings intact. All of which is possible in SotS.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 5:00:09 AM
I like Piligrims and their ultimate quest (according to the in-game lore) is to find the homeworld of the endless. So for me unique systems is the best possible vote, as it will make one of my favourite factions feel more authentic.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment