Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Exploration Events

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 4:49:55 PM
eleazzaar wrote:
* Running into some sort of space-time-weirdness that teleports the fleet to a random, distant part of the map-- One time only.

* Finding an ancient stalled colony ship, with all members still in cryosleep. You are able to repair it.

* Fining a ancient small scanning station. It is able to temporarily extend your vision/scanning range by a factor of 3 or 4.

Colony ship already exists as an event.

My Idea: Local Map discovered. Reveals planet details for the surrounding 10 parsecs, including starting locations of other empires if present (but not colonies or outposts). Includes planetary details of planet type, size, and resources.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 5:06:35 PM
I believe a fun exploration would be finding a solar system that already has population on it of a minor faction. It was done in Master of Orion and they handled it by you can still populate it since the star system was not owned by a major empire, but there will be mixed population and there might be slight unrest because the natives hate it that you are taking their planet like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 5:15:24 PM
- Hero in Distress. Save him!: Additional hero

- Endless broadcasting sattelite floating in space: increasing your empires Influence radius by 20 - 50% instantly.

- Forgotten Ship-wreckage: Instantly get the Endless Hero! (Seriously! I played the game several times now and never got him. Perhaps giving the small chance to non-imperial-edition buyers to get him as well. (VERY small chance for this reward!))

- Superfuel: + 2 Speed on Empire, double moving points for about 5 turns.

- Find a random technology you don't already have. Rare reward.

- You find a ship wreckedge with a wormhole-drive. You get the ability to travel wormholes for 5-10 turns because the drive is damaged and doesn't hold long. For early game very interesting!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 5:59:05 PM
1. Find a stranded hero for a free recruit option

2. Find a minor species - a local population on a planet that brings a small empire wide bonus (melee, research, industry, fleet offense or defense).

3. Find a stranded pirate ship that you can recruit and employ as part of your fleet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 11:40:39 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Discovering new AI empires to mix the game up(Add another empire to the game).

I like this Idea adding my 2 cents to it:

1. randomized traits with a 30 point cap instead of 65

2. all of the technologies that are known by all the currently alive factions.

3. try to place them in a undiscovered or discovered by the least number of factions system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 12:15:57 AM
1. Discover an evolved and sophisticated and independent society of a minor race that has claim to the system ( fully intractable through diplomacy screen and will research and build at a severely reduced rate but will not expand and colonize new systems only the other world within that system)

2.discover a hero that is added to the list of available heroes to hire

3. discover an ancient endless database ( gain access to a unique hidden technology, can be either a unique ship module or permanent empire bonus or access to new endless building or buildable wonder)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 5:15:36 AM
The actual exploration is a very short time. You explore the small system that is yours, then wait for wormhole tech and explore again for a very short time until your scout ships park themselves. Your scout ships become absolutely worthless after that. How about this:

Once the game signals you that there is nothing left to explore, after 3 turns or 5 turns or whatever, you gain the ability to do 'hyper-resonance' exploration (or some such sci-fi verbiage) with *scout ships only* because now they are actually converted to Science Vessels. If you choose to participate in 'hyper-resonance' exploration, it allows your Science Vessels to do the auto explore again - only slower because, as everyone knows, it take longer to do 'hyper-resonance' testing. Perhaps the Science Vessel stays in one spot for 3 turns periodically because of the dense fields around Planet X indicates a discovery may be made.

Down side is, if you choose to do the new exploration, it is a 5% drain on your Empire... or on your Dust... or whatever. There is a cost if you chose the option.

If you DO chose the option, there may be random dust found.. or a superconductor found only on your colony on meteor X that increases the production on that meteor by 15%... or a lost satellite found in an opposing faction's area that boosts their dust/production/happiness/whatever that does nothing for you at all... list goes on and on with the possibilities.. including finding nothing worthwile at all (other than the obligatory 'What happened in Hyper-resonance stayed in Hyper-resonance' T-shirt and matching coffee mug achievement).

I guess what I propose is not an Exploration event that is a 'Find X / Receive Y' event, it is more of an Exploration event that extends the life of exploration once the computer tells you your scout ships have explored everything and have become useless.

I am NOT proposing an addition to the tech tree! ick! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 6:01:40 AM
Tiggy wrote:

3. discover an ancient endless database ( gain access to a unique hidden technology, can be either a unique ship module or permanent empire bonus or access to new endless building or buildable wonder)

I like this Idea. It brings back some memories of Emperium Galactica II with the techs that are not always available every game. If this had a pool of a few techs or so that can not be researched and do not lead to any new researches, this would be perfect. Something along the lines of a building that adds +1 dust per population, +1 science per population, +1 industry per population, or +1 food per population.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 2:57:03 PM
Ceo wrote:
The actual exploration is a very short time. You explore the small system that is yours, then wait for wormhole tech and explore again for a very short time until your scout ships park themselves. Your scout ships become absolutely worthless after that. How about this:

Once the game signals you that there is nothing left to explore, after 3 turns or 5 turns or whatever, you gain the ability to do 'hyper-resonance' exploration (or some such sci-fi verbiage) with *scout ships only* because now they are actually converted to Science Vessels. If you choose to participate in 'hyper-resonance' exploration, it allows your Science Vessels to do the auto explore again - only slower because, as everyone knows, it take longer to do 'hyper-resonance' testing. Perhaps the Science Vessel stays in one spot for 3 turns periodically because of the dense fields around Planet X indicates a discovery may be made.

Down side is, if you choose to do the new exploration, it is a 5% drain on your Empire... or on your Dust... or whatever. There is a cost if you chose the option.

If you DO chose the option, there may be random dust found.. or a superconductor found only on your colony on meteor X that increases the production on that meteor by 15%... or a lost satellite found in an opposing faction's area that boosts their dust/production/happiness/whatever that does nothing for you at all... list goes on and on with the possibilities.. including finding nothing worthwile at all (other than the obligatory 'What happened in Hyper-resonance stayed in Hyper-resonance' T-shirt and matching coffee mug achievement).

I guess what I propose is not an Exploration event that is a 'Find X / Receive Y' event, it is more of an Exploration event that extends the life of exploration once the computer tells you your scout ships have explored everything and have become useless.

I am NOT proposing an addition to the tech tree! ick! smiley: biggrin

+1 I definetly like this idea. There are almost endless posibilities to combine together. Both negative and postive. Great idea.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment