Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Automaton Models

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:37:22 PM
ElectricArtisan wrote:
this is exactly how i feel its not a major problem but the ship types of ravenous planet eaters doesn't exactly fit their style if you ask me

You have a point there. smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:36:34 PM
adder wrote:
I have no problem with it staying as it is. (But I'd prefer their own models ofcourse.)

this is exactly how i feel its not a major problem but the ship types of ravenous planet eaters doesn't exactly fit their style if you ask me
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:27:26 PM
yeah started a game just to see the new models and was like wait... haven't i seen these b4?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:27:03 PM
ElectricArtisan wrote:
i was slightly confused to see that the automatons had Craver ship models

Same here.

I personally would like to see them have their own models to fit their background and style, what do you think?

I'd love to see that also, but who wouldn't. smiley: smile On the other side, it doesn't annoy me, so I have no problem with it staying as it is. (But I'd prefer their own models ofcourse.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 6:41:31 PM
The pack was free, and there were more important issues to address; the functionally of the race seems to be fleshed out and other additions took priority. Cost effectiveness is also a factor.

Though, the devs coming up with an alt skin for the Craver ships, or perhaps holding a modding community contest for fanmade skins to be applied to the official affinity for them would be excellent.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 2:53:05 PM
Anyone else feel like the Quarian ships from Mass Effect would be something like the Automatons would have? Fits the style, in my books. =P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 7:57:59 AM
Yes that's right, the Craver ship models do indeed work with the Automaton lore, but I'd nevertheless prefer a different model, perhaps something which is dark and wiry just like their diplomatic representative.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 2:11:32 AM
I was ecstatic with the ascetics give to the Automatons race, the leader and splash art is gorgeous. ....But then I loaded a game, and I am faced with the Craver ships. I know ascetics is highly subjective, and I can easily see how the Craver ships works with the lore(they have no interest in space travel but for its ability to get them more resources) but I feel not having a new ship model with this race is a serious oversight. We as players do not see the leader or splash when we play, we spend the game viewing our ships, that is our reference to our race...

I do hope a model following the splash art ideal is forthcoming soon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 12:13:19 PM
The Cravers ships looks too much estranged from Automatons, so the they definitely need new looks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 9:09:55 PM
Waylander1982 wrote:
At the very least the names of the ship classes should probably be adjusted. Predator doesn't seem to fit with the Automatons. Nor does Reaper. I could go on.

I absolutely agree. How about giving the Automatons ship class names like "autobot" etc... haha smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 10:31:01 AM
At the very least the names of the ship classes should probably be adjusted.

Predator doesn't seem to fit with the Automatons. Nor does Reaper. I could go on.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 7:30:32 AM
Panzer wrote:
Personally I believe that is a bit harsh, but the reason I chose Craver ship models is because with my original idea for the Automaton style, the sower ships were too different aesthetically from what I wanted them to be. The sowers and their ships are cyberpunk designs, while I was going for a near opposite which is steampunk. I would have liked to choose custom ships, but that was not an option presented to me haha.

I wonder, did the devs ask you before or after producing the current art assets (diplomacy & loading splash screen)?

Because from your description, I get how you arrived at Cravers as ship design, it's just that the current art assets portray them with very organic rounded cogwheel shapes - which clash a bit with the Cravers' more angular design. And most players probably imagine the ships to be an extension of the style on the loading screen (i.e. ships with lots of round shapes and moving cogwheels etc.).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 2:12:52 AM
Shivetya wrote:
Geez, just because he came up with the race and all the messy details you let him make that choice? Committees! Committees! Committees!

Personally I believe that is a bit harsh, but the reason I chose Craver ship models is because with my original idea for the Automaton style, the sower ships were too different aesthetically from what I wanted them to be. The sowers and their ships are cyberpunk designs, while I was going for a near opposite which is steampunk. I would have liked to choose custom ships, but that was not an option presented to me haha.

As a side note, technically the community voted for my idea therefore it makes a bit of sense that I, as the creator would have some control over how my ideas are implemented, but you are free to speak out against this. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 9:35:20 PM
Rudest wrote:
perhaps holding a modding community contest for fanmade skins to be applied to the official affinity for them would be excellent.

if people are up for it i think this would be an excellent idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:23:46 PM
i was slightly confused to see that the automatons had Craver ship models and was wondering whether they would receive their own models or stay as they are.

I personally would like to see them have their own models to fit their background and style, what do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 6:27:00 PM
Im kinda at a loss how most other games putting in new models and textures is usually a breeze for most folks yet in this one i have not seen any new ship model/ texture packs released, and for a completely new race im surprised that a new ship pack for it wasn't put in with it, i would have been happy waiting for the race to be fully finished rather than feeling after a patch that was called an "add-on" felt like a rather rushed effort for the last week or so.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 4:11:27 PM
Well i'm looking forward to some mods which hopefully will provide something new/different smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment