Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Automaton Models

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 11:35:53 PM
WhatGravitas wrote:
Once people figure out how to make their own models, perhaps. Smells a bit like a possible contest in a couple of months - vote for the best fan model to include in the game.

I am all for this idea, I firmly believe in the power of modders, and I hope that they will make the Automatons great!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 8:50:02 AM
Tiggy wrote:
why is it that there are no Ship model or texture packs out... or at least i have not seen any

Panzer replied here:

Panzer wrote:
Hey Guys, I am glad you are interested in the Automatons receiving the full faction treatment, but it wont happen.

I asked the devs why they wouldn't do custom ship models for the Automatons and the really simply answer is that with all the other features that need to be implemented and fixed, it would take them too long to conceptualize, draw, model, texture, and implement the ships. It was simply not realistic cost and time wise for the Automatons to get their own ship set unfortunately.

Here's hoping to moders that add custom ships for them ^__^ but in the mean time enjoy the faction everyone!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 6:58:56 PM
why is it that there are no Ship model or texture packs out... or at least i have not seen any
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:46:35 PM
Romeo wrote:
Then again, thanks to how awesome Amplitude is with it's fans, it isn't quite as big a concern, as there's always gameplay improvements being rolled out.

Agree, after 2 months of absence of ES, so much was changed I was quite surprised. Than I thought I should join in and come up with some ideas of my own. smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 9:16:29 PM
Modding does do wonders for longivity of a game. Case in point, in the Relic forums, the first Dawn of War is completely abuzz, whereas the second is nearly dead. The biggest reason why the first is still drawing a crowd is because of the mod support. Thanks to modders, there's well over a dozen playable races and literally hundred of units (As well as mods that completely rewrite how the game is played). Whereas Dawn of War II is essentially the same game it was when it was released.

Then again, thanks to how awesome Amplitude is with it's fans, it isn't quite as big a concern, as there's always gameplay improvements being rolled out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 5:55:23 PM
i think that its better to start a competition than wait for people to do it on their own as it will actually encourage people to make mods as they have the opportunity to have it made official as well as another reward perhaps.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 12:29:33 PM
Panzer wrote:
You know the old saying, "If you build it, they will come"? Change it to, "If you make a competition, Modders will mod". smiley: biggrin

Indeed - if some-one would start an official modding competition (with some reward? :confusedsmiley: smile - modders would "appear" smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 11:20:30 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I have not seen any mod for that yet. I'm wondering if we would get lots of submissions if we started a competition. It could be nice though! smiley: smile

You know the old saying, "If you build it, they will come"? Change it to, "If you make a competition, Modders will mod". smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 9:33:41 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Indeed, this would be a good idea - modding competition smiley: biggrin

I have not seen any mod for that yet. I'm wondering if we would get lots of submissions if we started a competition. It could be nice though! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 11:59:58 PM
Panzer wrote:
I am all for this idea, I firmly believe in the power of modders, and I hope that they will make the Automatons great!

Indeed, this would be a good idea - modding competition smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 6:42:41 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Panzer replied here:
D: you mean we are stuck with though nasty craver models smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 6:15:42 PM
n18991c wrote:
Or just really old school UFO shapes... now that would make for a surprise! smiley: wink

Flying tea-cups lol

@ Meltreness: At your service smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 6:13:53 PM
Tredecim wrote:
"DING DONG It's 3PM" *BOOM* - fleet erased lol

- Ships, similar to their "shape" of spheres would be nice smiley: smile

Hahaha made me laugh hard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 9:55:11 AM
Or just really old school UFO shapes... now that would make for a surprise! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 7:11:22 AM
n18991c wrote:
... and getting your fleets smashed up by a bunch of clocks... lol

"DING DONG It's 3PM" *BOOM* - fleet erased lol

- Ships, similar to their "shape" of spheres would be nice smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 8:39:20 AM
Panzer wrote:
I know the ship drawn there isn't a very good representation of the 3D version but the general style I feel would be really awesome. If the models are ever made that is...
Once people figure out how to make their own models, perhaps. Smells a bit like a possible contest in a couple of months - vote for the best fan model to include in the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment