Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Automaton Models

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 8:00:20 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Yep, maybe Madrox builds us something nice smiley: biggrin (or someone else)

Just give Madrox a job at amplitude and let him do the work, haha.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 6:52:35 PM
adder wrote:
Would be awesome! smiley: smile

Yep, maybe Madrox builds us something nice smiley: biggrin (or someone else)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 6:50:33 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I have not seen any mod for that yet. I'm wondering if we would get lots of submissions if we started a competition. It could be nice though! smiley: smile

Would be awesome! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 10:19:41 PM
Bonk wrote:
the question is what exsists? .... 2-3 artworks and the affinity... thats all in my opinion the ships are a huge part of the "unique feeling" of a race.. if you know what i mean.

there are not realy any other things than the ships that we see from our race

A valid point, the ships are hugely important for the feel of the species. At the same time, however, like Igncom1 said already, we should be grateful that the Automatons made it to the table at all.

Still, I suppose if it had been up to me then design-wise I would have gone for the Sowers' ships rather than for the Cravers' ships...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 9:41:56 PM
Bonk wrote:
the question is what exsists? .... 2-3 artworks and the affinity... thats all in my opinion the ships are a huge part of the "unique feeling" of a race.. if you know what i mean.

this is the main reason i started this thread
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 9:14:03 PM

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:32:20 PM
Bonk wrote:
one has to wonder why they did not include new models.... i can make up a backstory for a new race and make a new custom race in less than a few weeks =/

The difference between you creating a new custom race and Amplitude creating a new race is that yours is utilizing stats and abilities already present in the game while they are creating new ones that require lots of time integrating into the old ai system and balancing so that it doesn't break the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:31:39 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
The Cravers are cyborg-insects, and the flying dirt you see are just cravers flying about.

I do and always will assume that Craver ships are just space surfboards, and that cravers go from space to the surface of planets via jetpack.

Because what could be anymore awesome?

That does sound awesome! smiley: biggrin

I'd still say that Sower ship models would be more fitting for the Automatons, but anyways it's great to see them in the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:28:20 PM
Snerch wrote:
I'd love some unique models too. Nevertheless I see why they don't have any and it doesn't really have priority.

Although I would have taken the Sower model. I don't see what all this 'flying dirt' could be. Also cravers have insectoid origins, right?

The Cravers are cyborg-insects, and the flying dirt you see are just cravers flying about.

I do and always will assume that Craver ships are just space surfboards, and that cravers go from space to the surface of planets via jetpack.

Because what could be anymore awesome?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:21:43 PM
I'd love some unique models too. Nevertheless I see why they don't have any and it doesn't really have priority.

Although I would have taken the Sower model. I don't see what all this 'flying dirt' could be. Also cravers have insectoid origins, right?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:16:44 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Ships are hard to make and really it was just sprung from a competition.

It is amazing they even got in at all, and we have known for a while that they would have no ship set.

They are a fully stat based race, and even then more would be cool if the team felt like it, possibly as choices for affinity/lore only factions to use as minor races and custom factions.

Be amazed that they even exist guys!

that's a fair point but the choice of model is puzzling nonetheless.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 8:13:10 PM
Ships are hard to make and really it was just sprung from a competition.

It is amazing they even got in at all, and we have known for a while that they would have no ship set.

They are a fully stat based race, and even then more would be cool if the team felt like it, possibly as choices for affinity/lore only factions to use as minor races and custom factions.

Be amazed that they even exist guys!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:33:21 AM
Hey Guys, I am glad you are interested in the Automatons receiving the full faction treatment, but it wont happen.

I asked the devs why they wouldn't do custom ship models for the Automatons and the really simply answer is that with all the other features that need to be implemented and fixed, it would take them too long to conceptualize, draw, model, texture, and implement the ships. It was simply not realistic cost and time wise for the Automatons to get their own ship set unfortunately.

Here's hoping to moders that add custom ships for them ^__^ but in the mean time enjoy the faction everyone!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 7:46:24 PM
Bonk wrote:
one has to wonder why they did not include new models....

it is odd how they made all the art and other assets but left out ship models
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 7:15:59 PM
one has to wonder why they did not include new models.... i can make up a backstory for a new race and make a new custom race in less than a few weeks =/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 7:00:52 PM
i'm hoping the current models are just placeholders for the moment
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:59:46 PM
kisaragi wrote:
sowers should be a beer choice.

i think it would have to be them or the amoeba.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 6:44:43 PM
if really want to use existing ship models, sowers should be a beer choice. Then again those floating metallic ball just doesn't look like the automatons.....
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment