Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Horatio bomber C rant

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 5:23:00 PM
Horatio bombers designs were definitely the weakest link..and i agree with OP, option C was definitely the worst looking..
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 11:28:15 PM
n18991c wrote:
with a bit of luck...

The Fighter and bomber will be textured like the Horatian ships so... lets see...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 5:24:40 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
Yet we chose it... i don't know what to think about their flyers, the final execution of the design might be better than expected.

with a bit of luck...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 12:59:52 AM
SaucyJack wrote:
Horatio bombers designs were definitely the weakest link..and i agree with OP, option C was definitely the worst looking..

Yet we chose it... i don't know what to think about their flyers, the final execution of the design might be better than expected.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 8:12:08 AM
K__ wrote:
I'm surprised that the Bombers are getting the attention when the Horatio Fighter looks like male reproductive cells.

If the concept painting makes me uncomfortable, I'm probably not going to have the stomach watch the replay battles.

It does kinda look like sperm a bit. I chose "C" for the fighters.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 7:57:02 AM
K__ wrote:
I'm surprised that the Bombers are getting the attention when the Horatio Fighter looks like male reproductive cells. If the concept painting makes me uncomfortable, I'm probably not going to have the stomach watch the replay battles.

Even though you'll be permitted to watch real "manpower" fight it out...? haha lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 6:16:28 AM
I'm surprised that the Bombers are getting the attention when the Horatio Fighter looks like male reproductive cells.

If the concept painting makes me uncomfortable, I'm probably not going to have the stomach watch the replay battles.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 9:42:46 PM
I think fighter C and bomber B were the only good choices, and they are my favorite appearance to use, so I was disappointed with the results.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 8:36:00 PM
Ca_Putt wrote:
Personally I have to say that C was the only ok looking one, I chose B because it fits better. It's like with Bacon Ice cream, everyone likes bacon everyone likes Icecream the combination isn't as popular however...

I don't know I wouldn't mind trying bacon ice cream... might taste pretty good, espcially when combined with fried egg ice cream... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 8:20:10 PM
Ca_Putt wrote:
Personally I have to say that C was the only ok looking one, I chose B because it fits better. It's like with Bacon Ice cream, everyone likes bacon everyone likes Icecream the combination isn't as popular however...

great example smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 7:07:07 PM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 7:03:04 PM
Now I must agree with both of you:

Razis: You're right, from the aspect of fitting the lore/etc, it may not be the best option.

Ingn: Yeah, does it matter when we like it? In my opinion not; it's the downside of democracy - the few ones with different opinions get over-ruled.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 5:59:02 PM
But if we like it, does it matter anyway?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 5:37:27 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, isn't everything from a personal point of view? A design cannot make everyone happy.

Like I stated - it's not a matter of your personal visual preference, but how the chosen design fits the rest of the factions theme. It's not really a thread to debate if we like it or not, because people have spoken in voting, they generally like it best. I am simply highlighting that we as a community forgot that ship designs aren't something you should consider on their own, because they are a part of a something bigger, like a detail in a picture.

So I am not asking "do you like it?", but "does it fit?" That's what bothers me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 12:32:05 PM
A bit too late for that, but I'm concerned with recently chosen horatio bombers look, and I thought I'll voice it out.

I think it's not in tone with their other designs, because its lacking in fundamental Horatio design principle - what defines all their ships, is that they are just sphere with serpentine looking stripes. It's simple, but powerfull if applied to each element systematically.

http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Corvette?file=Horcorvette.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/endlessspace/images/8/8b/Horbattleship.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/endlessspace/images/2/25/Horcruiser.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/endlessspace/images/3/3d/Hordestroyer.jpg

See? It's all according to certain rules.

Now, look at the newly choosen bomber:

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/choice/endless_space/95/Horatio_Bomber_C.jpg

Because of the triangular shape on the end of the ship, and the fact that the serpentines are not asimmethrical and fluid like in the rest of the designs - it breaks the overall design principles. It's doesnt really look like a Horatio design, more like an alien adaptation or mockery.

I don't mean to devalue the design ON ITSELF, I think it looks cool - what I'm concerned about is that it's not in place with their OTHER DESIGNS. Breaks the feel. Imagine the entire fleet of diffrent horatio ships - bomber C design is just not in place.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 5:04:47 PM
So far on votes for fighters/bombers i didnt know what to vote cause i liked them all. On the other hand though Horatio designs was a bit....different. I voted B for bomber mostly because it reminded me of the general Horatio design of ships. C well...its something else that didnt really fit at least in my eyes. At least i am not a big Horatio fun and ll just pop them to pieces smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 4:59:00 PM
I like their designs, but like most forms of modern art I don't know how to feel.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 4:44:56 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I was kinda impartial to them all.

Same here since I never play Horatio, but I agree that there should have been a little more variety in terms of designs....
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment