Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wings in space

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:08:00 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Didn't the JSF project have a bombing shaft that was opened shortly to deploy it's payload and then summarily closed?

The RCS went up a lot, once the shaft was opened, but only for the few seconds to launch a missile. Not enough to keep the target til any missile hits from a large distance. I had something similar in mind.

They found that the F-22 (Idk about the JSF) was able to kill the enemy before the enemy got close enough to get a lock, even if the F-22's bay doors were open.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:15:16 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Should I stick to slc5(or soon 6), root (basically C++) and pyroot, then? smiley: wink

Maybe? smiley: stickouttongue

But now I almost understood nothing smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:40:40 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
They found that the F-22 (Idk about the JSF) was able to kill the enemy before the enemy got close enough to get a lock, even if the F-22's bay doors were open.

Well they advanced quite a bit with their fighter and stealth techs

Stealth_Hawk wrote:
I study Aerospace Engineering so I actually understood what you were saying.

So go on vacation then lol

I don't know anything about aerospace engineering and I understood most of that. smiley: cool

But I enjoy the direction this thread is going. From something as simple as reasoning behind some of the bombers and fighters having wings to serious discussions about wings, fighters and space fighters smiley: approval
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 11:09:58 PM
stasik28 wrote:

I don't know anything about aerospace engineering and I understood most of that. smiley: cool

But I enjoy the direction this thread is going. From something as simple as reasoning behind some of the bombers and fighters having wings to serious discussions about wings, fighters and space fighters smiley: approval

If you've studied physics and/or Chemistry you should be able to understand the whole thing
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 11:12:28 PM
Or if you are an ork, the extra gun space is also highly apparent.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:25:07 AM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
Orangutans love wings. Trust me.

... wings on bananas? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 2:26:30 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Poor Banana. All alone lol

It was lying there waiting for its blind date to arrive, but the blind date was an apple and, upon discovering that its date was a banana and that their relationship would surely never come to fruition (fruit-ition?) it left again and so the banana, caught unawares, was left lying there all alone. A really really sad story about how fruits are really just humans too.

smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 9:05:35 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Or if you are an ork, the extra gun space is also highly apparent.
Better be red ones, or it's just worthless.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 10:57:09 PM
I think that wings don't interfere in void but they help in planetary atmosphere (with maneuverability and fuel consumption). That's why some races choose to use them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 11:00:59 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
I think that wings don't interfere in void but they help in planetary atmosphere (with maneuverability and fuel consumption). That's why some races choose to use them.

Einstein disagrees lol in and out of the off-topic nature of this thread we actually had an in-depth discussion about the merits of wings in the void. Oh, and as Igncom likes to point out, munitions storage, munitions storage, munitions storage.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 11:08:40 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Einstein disagrees lol in and out of the off-topic nature of this thread we actually had an in-depth discussion about the merits of wings in the void. Oh, and as Igncom likes to point out, munitions storage, munitions storage, munitions storage.

Rather than Einstein, AMS http://physics.aps.org/articles/v6/40 (we do have a lot of radiation in space, more than expected) and Bethe-Bloch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethe_formula (describes interaction of particles with matter) disagree. smiley: wink

Anyways, if your target was actually to fire off a hellload of missiles at once, you either would develop a MIRV design or actually do something much worse: Design a spaceship with one engine, one cockpit and rack upon rack of parallel missile holding boxes exactly the length of a missile or even less, just to fire them off after transporting them somewhere.

I like the Starlancer version of the torpedo bomber in this regard: http://www.kultloesungen.de/data/media/simulationen/starlancerdemo/16.jpg
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 11:46:51 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Rather than Einstein, AMS http://physics.aps.org/articles/v6/40 (we do have a lot of radiation in space, more than expected) and Bethe-Bloch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethe_formula (describes interaction of particles with matter) disagree. smiley: wink

Anyways, if your target was actually to fire off a hellload of missiles at once, you either would develop a MIRV design or actually do something much worse: Design a spaceship with one engine, one cockpit and rack upon rack of parallel missile holding boxes exactly the length of a missile or even less, just to fire them off after transporting them somewhere.

I like the Starlancer version of the torpedo bomber in this regard: http://www.kultloesungen.de/data/media/simulationen/starlancerdemo/16.jpg

Just talking about the theory of relativity lol

nice links! I found what I will be reading tonight...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 8:01:16 PM
Ah, I see I just stumbled across one of Nos' long discussions about things technical, physical and/or other... snore... wake me when it's over. haha smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 8:16:59 PM
n18991c wrote:
Ah, I see I just stumbled across one of Nos' long discussions about things technical, physical and/or other... snore... wake me when it's over. haha smiley: stickouttongue

Lazy you, don't sleep, bring in your opinion whilst I rest to get well soon. smiley: stickouttongue

(Damn flu)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 8:22:50 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Lazy you, don't sleep, bring in your opinion whilst I rest to get well soon. smiley: stickouttongue

(Damn flu)

At least I'm not the only one that is down with a cold, right now. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment