No Turn Limit
Evolved Pirates
Evolved Racial Uniqueness
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 1:24:33 PM
Mod kit would be good.

Disharmony added race unique hulls. Each race has its own unique hull effects.

Having a synthetic moon that adds +1 pop meakes non-moon planets more valuable than moon planets. It would be more effective a a high tier terraforming research. As for creating solar station... That's an issue for another expansion.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 8:59:52 PM
Like I said before in this thread, you don't really need a mod kit when the coding is so easy to do.

Hell its more like just copying code and applying it in another way.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 5:27:59 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Like I said before in this thread, you don't really need a mod kit when the coding is so easy to do.

Hell its more like just copying code and applying it in another way.
Reading XML happens to give me headache. A GUI would be practical for people who don't want to wade through thousands of lines of code, especially if you're making a lot of stuff.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 5:35:12 PM
A better source editor is probably your best bet, try Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

It highlights individual sections of the code and highlights the tags, making it all very easy to read smiley: smile

like:

It even has loads of search tools as well to help you find what you are looking for!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 10:25:02 AM
While I will have to try that out, a GUI would still be better. Especially since it would allow you to figure out how the game is interpreting something without having to load in and find out "Hey this isn't working right"
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 5:53:29 PM
What and remove the most joyful/painful part of modding?

That would go against the spirit of it! lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 3:19:03 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
What and remove the most joyful/painful part of modding?

That would go against the spirit of it! lol

I like the way you think, George smiley: stickouttongue

Any software developer software (if at hand) is going fine too (e.g. Visual Studio) but for those, who don't have any, Notepad++ is the best pick, I think.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 6:41:04 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I like the way you think, George smiley: stickouttongue

Any software developer software (if at hand) is going fine too (e.g. Visual Studio) but for those, who don't have any, Notepad++ is the best pick, I think.

.....I don't recall telling people my actual name.....unless you just guessed like a god?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 2, 2012, 7:23:40 PM
Aye, that's my biggest problem too. There's not much of a difference playing between the peaceful Sophons and the psychotic Hissho. That needs to change first. =P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 27, 2012, 10:44:34 PM
Umm, we already can mod the game to something completely else.

Really it just takes a bit of know how.

Ships are unique based on what you put in them, so really you should say you want unique modules for ships.

A ship with nothing in it is just a hull.

The turn limit is the score victory condition, just unpick it and wallah!

This could be fun, but also annoying, what if the rebels.....the pilgrims spawn right next to tor?

Could be fun for scenarios.

I would like to see pirates being less frequent, more powerful and very smart about its fleet.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 28, 2012, 7:10:51 AM
I agree with some of the thread, definitely the racial uniqueness as that would add to re-playability for some peoples.

I also started a thread on escalating events, it's main example is based on pirates (although they aren't the main topic of the thread) check it out and drop in a suggestion of what you'd like to see your evolved pirates behaving.

Here's link: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12521-suggestion-escalating-events
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 28, 2012, 7:38:57 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Umm, we already can mod the game to something completely else.

Really it just takes a bit of know how.

Ships are unique based on what you put in them, so really you should say you want unique modules for ships.

A ship with nothing in it is just a hull.

The turn limit is the score victory condition, just unpick it and wallah!

This could be fun, but also annoying, what if the rebels.....the pilgrims spawn right next to tor?

Could be fun for scenarios.

I would like to see pirates being less frequent, more powerful and very smart about its fleet.

I know it can be done, but an SDK or Modkit would make life so much easier. While I'm no pro at modding by any stretch of the imagination, I've done a good dozen (And started dozens more) in the Elder Scrolls, and have completed one and am hard at work on my second mod for Dawn of War. I can't even touch Endless Space however. If they want a solid modding community, they'll need to toss them a bone. I wouldn't ever dream of playing around with Dawn of War if I had to spend twenty minutes hunting through a wall of text every time I wanted to change the most minute detail.

What I mean by unique ships refers more to their bonuses. A Medic could gain double the effect of any Repair modules, a Sniper could be more accurate with all weapon modules but have less health, a Carrier could have -30% Invasion Module tonnage. So on and so forth. Technically there is no difference between a Battleship and Cruiser. But their bonuses tend to slant them certain ways. I just want more "slants" to play with.

The only problem with unselecting it is if everything else gets unselected, it defaults back to turn limit. As it stands, trying to set up the game for "kill everything" means either enabling the homeplanet mode (Which can suck when you accidentally take over their homeworld early on) on racing to beat the 300 turn limit.

Agreed, ridiculous balancing would be required. Still, dream big, right? lol

As it stands, I'm with you. Pirates are obscenely over-powered. If they could be made useful though, it could make them an interesting target of opportunity.

Tredecim wrote:
I like your way of writing Romeo lol

More factional uniqueness! smiley: smile

Why thank you. I'll be honest though, the style is "generously borrowed" (Stolen) from Cracked. lol

Wenchbane wrote:
I agree with some of the thread, definitely the racial uniqueness as that would add to re-playability for some peoples.

I also started a thread on escalating events, it's main example is based on pirates (although they aren't the main topic of the thread) check it out and drop in a suggestion of what you'd like to see your evolved pirates behaving.

Here's link: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12521-suggestion-escalating-events

I most certainly will check it out!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 6:36:53 AM
Meltreness wrote:
Yay, unique ships! smiley: stickouttongue

I wont lie, this is the second thread in which I've whored out that idea. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 6:13:53 PM
Romeo wrote:
I wont lie, this is the second thread in which I've whored out that idea. lol

Hehe, before I opened my thread I searched for that idea in the forums, haven't seen it. Well, anyway, thanks for including it in your list!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 7:05:43 PM
Romeo wrote:
I know it can be done, but an SDK or Modkit would make life so much easier. While I'm no pro at modding by any stretch of the imagination, I've done a good dozen (And started dozens more) in the Elder Scrolls, and have completed one and am hard at work on my second mod for Dawn of War. I can't even touch Endless Space however. If they want a solid modding community, they'll need to toss them a bone. I wouldn't ever dream of playing around with Dawn of War if I had to spend twenty minutes hunting through a wall of text every time I wanted to change the most minute detail.

You do get used to it, but of course I am in favor of any increase to our little modding community.

What I mean by unique ships refers more to their bonuses. A Medic could gain double the effect of any Repair modules, a Sniper could be more accurate with all weapon modules but have less health, a Carrier could have -30% Invasion Module tonnage. So on and so forth. Technically there is no difference between a Battleship and Cruiser. But their bonuses tend to slant them certain ways. I just want more "slants" to play with.

True, but it might be good to add this slants via a type of specialization module, so I can have my light and heavy carriers using the different size hulls, As I feel the bonuses should be applied to what you want size you want it for, rather then the specific hulls that make you design a ship based on the hull when you should choose the hull on the style of ship.

The only problem with unselecting it is if everything else gets unselected, it defaults back to turn limit. As it stands, trying to set up the game for "kill everything" means either enabling the homeplanet mode (Which can suck when you accidentally take over their homeworld early on) on racing to beat the 300 turn limit.

I am not sure about the default, however if this is the case then an annihilation victory should be the overall default victory type.

Always think big, otherwise you might actually achieve it, and that would be disappointing.

As it stands, I'm with you. Pirates are obscenely over-powered. If they could be made useful though, it could make them an interesting target of opportunity

Ironically I feel the pirates are rather weak cannon fodder, the don't even use defense modules the fools, personally I would just want them to bring more chaos to the order.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 8:27:12 PM
Romeo wrote:

Damn right, it's go big or go home! smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment