Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Are the Sowers under powered? AKA Save the Sowers!

Yes!
No!
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 7:19:00 PM
I am actually quite curious, for those 2 people who voted against the idea of buffing the Sowers, what was your rationale?

Now, I don't want to see them skyrocket into an affinity that is too powerful, but I am of the opinion that they are somewhat underpowered and need at least some form of buff. But for those couple people who honestly think that they are currently a reasonably balanced race, please tell us why!

Perhaps you have some secret to playing this affinity that the rest of us haven't yet conceived of?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 7:33:20 PM
KingJohnVI wrote:
I am actually quite curious, for those 2 people who voted against the idea of buffing the Sowers, what was your rationale?

Now, I don't want to see them skyrocket into an affinity that is too powerful, but I am of the opinion that they are somewhat underpowered and need at least some form of buff. But for those couple people who honestly think that they are currently a reasonably balanced race, please tell us why!

Perhaps you have some secret to playing this affinity that the rest of us haven't yet conceived of?

Yes! That would be awsome!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 9:51:10 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
We have two heretics who voted against this idea! May we punish them, my lords? LOL

No. We want to know why they voted no so that we can view any perspectives that we may have overlooked.

Then we can burn them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 10:56:04 PM
Well if you can play the sowers properly, they are far from underpowered because they don't need good military they just need to win with terraforming errrythin'! smiley: biggrin I can beat the AI on hard with Sowers no problem. :3 smiley: science + smiley: science = smiley: science =/= smiley: stickouttongueower:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 11:12:09 PM
Aphala wrote:
Well if you can play the sowers properly, they are far from underpowered because they don't need good military they just need to win with terraforming errrythin'! smiley: biggrin I can beat the AI on hard with Sowers no problem. :3 smiley: science + smiley: science = smiley: science =/= smiley: stickouttongueower:

Then you will love the change.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 11:42:54 PM
Sovereign wrote:
65/65 is not realy a buff to them i

the lack of additional 5 Points is just the cherry on the cake

Cloning? the Bonus from cloning is de facto NOTHING with their current affinity which u can test by yourself making a a custom test race.

the Tolerant trait

well the Sowers already have a special relationship to the faction traits.

They can not pick Blackthumbs.

They maybe could also get an special relationship to Tolerant (no FIDS penatly lower costs etc)

but i realy think the problem lies more in the affinity then in particular Traits.

did you even read my comment, sigh

1) tolerant is too expensive / worthless on non sower race (definitely with my affinity) thus cost is halfed

2) cloning works with my affinity so its a buff, so can you read?

you post makes no sense

Aphala wrote:

any race played by a player can do well vs an AI standard races, your point is moot, sowers suck!!!!!!!!!!!. Their affinty goes against how the game is structured their traits don't help tolerent is pointless and expensive.

My sowers took like 5 mins to make and are far superior to what we have now (would also be balanced vs other std races)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 12:14:52 AM
ThatMG wrote:

did you even read my comment, sigh...

so can you read?...

you post makes no sense...

Woah bro, let's keep it together here. We all appear to be on the same side so don't anyone go all Hissho on each other.

I really think that getting Space Cadets leveled down to 1 or possibly non would be beneficial to the sowers. Currently my Steam account is acting up, so I apologize that I do not know the exact cost of all these traits.

Going off of MG's plan, we could remove fast travelers and not add cloning, and theoretically allow the Sowers to research things 10% faster.

Aphala wrote:

Undoubtably there are people who can play the Sowers because they match their style of play. However, I believe that this is a 'niche' if you will, and the good of 95%+ of the community would be served if they were powered up.

Also, you could just be a good player. Mainly I want them leveled up so that they can be a worthy AI opponent and not get trampled as they have been in EVERY game I've played thus far.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 3:04:21 PM
Great stuff guys! We love the spirit smiley: biggrin We're currently testing some tweaks to boost those machines!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 3:07:56 PM
What will you call the tweak patch? Sowers: Judgement day? smiley: stickouttongue (Terminator references) *talks to self* Even if it does sound more of a Craver thing... *notices you watching* Uh what, nothing, I'm not crazy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 3:28:10 PM
Meedoc wrote:
Great stuff guys! We love the spirit smiley: biggrin We're currently testing some tweaks to boost those machines!

Great news!

But dont hastite ^^

next midweek(wednesday) we will send you a (i hope) professional and very officialy Petition Letter...till then i will also have made an list with all till to that moment posted suggestion from here and a special thread only for suggestions and mods will be opened on sunday which will last also 3 days so that we can pack that stuff in a nice big attachment.

also with innovative mods and savegames results which several Users of our Group currently are testing ; )
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 3:46:45 PM
Meedoc wrote:

Dev on board! Thats what im talkin about
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 4:17:26 PM
Maybe also an open Beta could be an idea to get maximum feedback.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 4:50:22 PM
Please change the color of that Sovereign D: I had to highlight the text to see it XD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 5:32:48 PM
Sovereign wrote:
PS: so know we got 6 ppl which voted against it but why not a single one posted his thoughts? just haters?

No one has to provide reasons/commentary if they don't wish to do so and just because they don't that doesn't automatically make them haters. Just accept that not everyone may feel that this is a good idea.

For my part, I am absolutely in favour of strengthening the Sowers so let's instead focus on taking this thing forward! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 6:52:46 PM
n18991c wrote:
No one has to provide reasons/commentary if they don't wish to do so and just because they don't that doesn't automatically make them haters. Just accept that not everyone may feel that this is a good idea.

But it would sure be good if someone of the opposition would share what they think. It could help.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 7:06:28 PM
Vicarious wrote:
smiley: approval

I agree, the sowers are slightly underpowered. Their affinity is ok, but Tolerant trait is way too expensive (30 points, seriously?). My suggestion is to reduce the cost of Tolerant 2/2 and replace Slow travelers with something less crippling.

Builders 3/3 (24 points)

Xenobotany (4)

Dust recyclers 1/2 (5)

Metallic waters (4)

Optimistic 1/2 (15)

Tolerant 2/2 (20)

Space cadets 2/3 (-10)

Micromanagers 1/2 (-5)

57/60

If anybody wants to play this custom faction download edited XML file (the cost of Tolerant 1/2 and Tolerant 2/2 reduced to 10 and 20 points respectively) >>>HERE<<< and unzip the file into X:\...\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation (click Yes when "confirm file replace" dialog box appears). Then launch ES, select Sowers, click "Add", replace Slow travelers with Micromanagers and Builders 2/3 with Builders 3/3, name the faction and save the changes. I believe that my version of Sowers is very competitive and not overpowered. Hope for some feedback.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 7:15:51 PM
Lord_S wrote:
But it would sure be good if someone of the opposition would share what they think. It could help.

indeed, but perhaps they were/are intimidated by the overwhelming majority being in favour of the Sowers being tweaked a little... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment