Tiny-Small-Medium-Large-Huge-Massive-Epic-American-Amazing-1:1

smiley: smile

Tiny-Small-Medium-Large-Huge-Massive-Epic-American-China-1:1

smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:06:38 AM
Xenos wrote:
Too much planets to control would be absolute hell.

True but as the game is now it's a long way from being hellish to manage. Also some people like to manage huge amount of detail that is the whole point of letting the user select a galaxy size.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:35:44 AM
I also agree with this. On occasion I run into a certain neighbor too quickly and get stomped. :/ If I had more space... perhaps I'd be able to get a better foothold before getting stomped on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 1:23:52 PM
I just had an idea about this.

I like the thought of prolonging a game and would appreciate even bigger galaxies, but another approach could be more than one galaxies per game.

Of course this would be a costly change and I think it might be more feasible for an expansion or a sequel, but being able to travel to other galaxies once your technology is advanced enough could open up entirely new ways to keep going.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:00:56 PM
It's not just the galaxy size that makes it feel constrained, but the number of races and a lack of minor races. The devs need to reconsider the 8-empire total cap (assuming it's not an alpha thing). Meeting all of the empires in the first 100 turns kinda bites. And add me in for the bigger sizes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 6:18:18 PM
This thread is the origin of increasing galaxy size discussions.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13218-suggestion-increase-map-size

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13358-suggestion-galaxy-sizing

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13868-please-make-the-map-bigger

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13918-bigger-maps

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:02:54 PM
i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but what about leaving it open-ended, based only on how much the user's computer can handle?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:35:24 PM
Yeah, i've played with all the settings. It's more about systems than planets though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:38:52 PM
Devs said that they limited the number of systems to 123.

Which is already a great number.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:41:47 PM
It's a decent number, but not a great number. Especially when on the set up screen both 'huge' and 'large' are labelled as having more than 123.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:43:47 PM
I don't know, I've been playing on Huge all afternoon, and have been consistently handed my arse on a platter :-). More practice required.....
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:50:57 PM
Argh why do i have to be stcuk at work today blahhhh, i wanna go home and play, i am 120 turns in in a huge galaxy, gonna start over tonight as cravers. i am currently sophons. i really enjoy this game, Horatio is my neighbor and they are way ahead of me somehow lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:01:20 PM
It's funny, I always want my maps to be smaller. I like being able to focus more and I feel like I "lose track" of larger empires. Maybe I'd live longer with a larger map though, just got my ass handed to me by cravers who started next door.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:05:11 PM
Harsh wrote:
Loving the game so far, but i think the galaxy size could do with a tweak or an even higher setting.

Huge doesn't feel that big. My favourite part of the early game experience is sending my ships out to have a nosey, but it seems to be over relatively fast and i come across my galactic neighbours far too quickly. This is still the case even after i've chosen a slow game and/or fiddled with the galaxy settings.

I realise this is the alpha version and things will perhaps change, so i'm just adding my comment in favour of a slower option and a larger galaxy.

I second this, I prefer the universe map to have more systems than the huge option.

But I am enjoying the game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:11:51 PM
I'm having a great time playing - even though I too have been thoroughly defeated in both games I've played so far. I haven't played on a Huge map yet, but my next game will use this setting. I would like to echo the preference for Huge being really Huge.smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:18:10 PM
Playing right now, and having a great time. But when I zoom all the way out, and see the galaxy.. Well, I get the feeling its not that big actually. Rather small, by the looks of it. But right now I just have 12 colonies, so we shall see.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:20:27 PM
Maybe they can leave huge as it is and just add a new a few more sizes such as "Massive", "Immense", "Epic".
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:23:27 PM
MT4K wrote:
Maybe they can leave huge as it is and just add a new a few more sizes such as "Massive", "Immense", "Epic".
Yes, that would be nice.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment