Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

"Huge" could do with being.. more Huge.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:31:25 PM
Loving the game so far, but i think the galaxy size could do with a tweak or an even higher setting.

Huge doesn't feel that big. My favourite part of the early game experience is sending my ships out to have a nosey, but it seems to be over relatively fast and i come across my galactic neighbours far too quickly. This is still the case even after i've chosen a slow game and/or fiddled with the galaxy settings.

I realise this is the alpha version and things will perhaps change, so i'm just adding my comment in favour of a slower option and a larger galaxy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:23:49 PM
fooplaya wrote:
i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but what about leaving it open-ended, based only on how much the user's computer can handle?

I'm pretty sure that is relatively extreamly difficult to pull off, not that I really know anything about programming

MT4K's idea seams the most reasonable

other than that maybe having a map size slider or something would work
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:25:48 PM
MT4K wrote:
Maybe they can leave huge as it is and just add a new a few more sizes such as "Massive", "Immense", "Epic".

Yes! More of this please.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:27:59 PM
MT4K wrote:
Maybe they can leave huge as it is and just add a new a few more sizes such as "Massive", "Immense", "Epic".

+1 to this!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:31:56 PM
I agree, the scale should be expanded. I loved Distant Worlds for this, it really gave you an epic feel for the galaxy when you had hundreds of systems!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:36:15 PM
It was also my impression that even the biggest galaxy types were quite small.

I think it would really improve the gameplay if you were able to be on your own for quite a while,

so you meet the AI in a later stage of the game, where certain developments already took place

and you were not influenced by an agressive AI that forced you to defend your territory smiley: smile

Epic Size --> Epic Fun! smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:52:32 PM
MT4K wrote:

Exactly the title is Endless Space after all. they should have over the limit they set... maybe even more than 1 galaxy........make it truly Endless
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:02:30 PM
Hey guys, my first post here, yet to play the game but been browsing the forums a few days now!

My thought on the galaxy size: is it possible that making the galaxies too big makes the game unstable and prone to crashes? I know gaming PCs won't be affected but surely once you get to a certain size, the game just can't handle it and locks up?

That's my two cents!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:11:53 PM
It was the first thing i notist when i started the game after installing today, the small size and long think times. think times i could not alter but I think we can alter"mod" galaxy sizes for now.

Atleast to me it seemed to work for the huge "map" were i simply doubled the numbers and shorten base the star lanes. I haven't explored the map yet (turn 55... ) but I see a lot of planets (at 40+ were huge normally only has 80base)

Go to Program files / steam / steamapps /common/ endless space/ assets/ xml / GalaxyGenerator

and Alter the bold part in the GalaxySettings.xml file.

let me know if it works for you. (you also find more options like the star lanes lenght base in there)

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:11:09 AM
Same for me, just bought the game, generated a huge galaxy and ... aaaa ... ummm ... how is this huge ? this seems to be smaller than the small magellan cloud tbh smiley: smile

can any dev comment on the galaxy sizes please ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:16:23 AM
They said that they limited the number of systems to 123 for gameplay reasons. 123 means roughly 15 systems to govern per player in a 8 players map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:12:34 AM
I also have to agree on this point. I almost always play on the biggest map so that I have time to get my empire rooted before first contact. But it seems to happen so fast. turn 40 I should not be seeing other races it feels like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:11:15 AM
It would be nice if there was an option to let us determine how far apart the systems typically are. If they were farther apart, the game would feel more expansive and...distant. Not sure how to phrase it but right now, it seems awful cozy in the Galaxy, even a huge one.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment