Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Isolated systems, not connected by lanes

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:12:00 PM
Cool idea!

ANd not just extra systems in the void, how about Nebule/Deralict Endless craft/Rouge planets/Stond alone wormholes/black holes/an assortment of star stages from birth to death/cosmic phonomona/Minor races and on.

smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:06:42 PM
I would like it if sometimes the hidden systems would be useless a barren world that was the home world of a race that nuked itself into oblivion surrounded by space junk.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:24:55 PM
Instead of following the trails, you should be able to plot your own, that way you would have to explore around to find new systems. There could be suggested routes that would expand as you discover more systems and improve tech, but otherwise you could fly nearly anywhere in search of new territory.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 6:31:51 PM
The idea of systems that are off the star lanes is great, as is the idea of having a "pirate system" there to explain the number of pirate ships running around.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 5:57:59 PM
Calico wrote:
i like the idea of systems not connected to the rest of the universe too.

uh, there are lots of possibilitys here:

+ The hidden Pirate Base (arrrrgh, bouty of the port bow!)

+ The long forgotten last refuge of one of the branches of the endless or one of the mundanes.... maybe deserted after a million years.

+ A Weapons Depot, build by the Endless or Mundane, maybe for a offensive that never took place or a secret weapon project.... and the doomsday device they have been working on is still there, only missing a few critical parts.

+ A VERY special Planet (not really a Planet)..... maybe another Endless Project.... something abandonded due to the outbreak of War. Dyson Sphere, Alderon Disk, Globus Cassus to name a few.

+1 from me. Excellent ideas.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 5:16:34 PM
Calico wrote:

+ The long forgotten last refuge of one of the branches of the endless or one of the mundanes.... maybe deserted after a million years.

+ A Weapons Depot, build by the Endless or Mundane, maybe for a offensive that never took place or a secret weapon project.... and the doomsday device they have been working on is still there, only missing a few critical parts.

+ A VERY special Planet (not really a Planet)..... maybe another Endless Project.... something abandonded due to the outbreak of War. Dyson Sphere, Alderon Disk, Globus Cassus to name a few.

Great idea. Thats something that should be in this game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 5:09:12 PM
I already proposed somewhere else some unique systems or planets. It could be a great add. Finding sometime a unique planet with not anymore a number but a special name and special attributes could be fun and a reason more to declare a war smiley: biggrin

For the hidden systems, it could only be simple hidden systems. They are just not connected to the rest of the galaxy web ways.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 4:59:04 PM
Calico wrote:

Yeah. In fact if you think about it the galaxy should have a whole host of hidden/lost artifacts, much more so than the occasional temple on a moon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 4:50:24 PM

AtoningUnifex wrote:
I like this idea too. Could possibly couple it with something similar to the Orion system in MOO2. I.e a very high quality planet protected by a powerful fleet/monster. So once you find it you still have to liberate it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 3:58:02 PM
I like this idea too. Could possibly couple it with something similar to the Orion system in MOO2. I.e a very high quality planet protected by a powerful fleet/monster. So once you find it you still have to liberate it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:23:44 AM
This is also something I've thought about, generally about 50 turns in as I explore a full constellation and notice a big gaping void in the center of said constellation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:12:31 AM
It would increase the need of a good radar, which is a good point. And maybe new strategies to get the right tech to go there could appear.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:08:08 AM
The idea indeed sounds interesting, worth a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 12:29:05 PM
I love this idea. Hidden Planets even if they are not really hidden the are only cut off.

It would be nice to have a ship on wich have the ability to start something like an deep space mission

to find such a planet. I think that their should be normal systems and one spezial system ( and not in every game).

Also the should be visible if you radar is large enough.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 12:04:24 PM
Agreed. would make exploring a little more interesting and add to the "oh, what's over there" feeling because it's harder to get too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 11:57:09 AM
That could be fun, but to get there you would need first to cross the void from one arm of the galaxy to another and spot it that way, and then you would be able to send a ship there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:45:51 PM
yes +1 i'm supporting.

it would extend late game and make the universe more realistic. i don't know how universe is generated BUT those stars not connected to any other shouldn't be taken to the existing star pool.

let me explain. for me it should be a option on the universe setting at first place and then let say you star a big universe let say there 30 stars in it.

if you apply "routeless stars" option you should have 40 stars in it 30 normal and 10 routeless or it will perturbe dramatically the game start.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 12:17:24 PM
+1! I would also love a map type with whole unreachable clusters (akin to "New World" continents in Civ games). I think this could do a lot to make the mid/late game more interesting. It would also make pilgrims early warp drive and Errant Fleet a bit more useful, which I think is a good thing.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment