I like this idea
I like this idea, but feel it could be improved
I don't like this idea, but feel it could be improved
I don't like this idea
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 9, 2012, 1:28:48 PM
this is an excellent idea and i hope it makes it into one of the free addons coming soon , i do hope it would also include a visual representation around the planets if they do have one of these stations/megastations/rings, think it would be pretty sweet :-P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 8, 2012, 9:09:17 PM
WhiteWeasel wrote:
Hey since you can build rings around a planet, why not do the same the the systems' star?

Hell, even go all out dyson's sphere.

Well a Dyson sphere or swarm could be assumed to also be built around the star for energy production, while leaving the sunlight able to give life to systems.

Getting the best of both worlds.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:08:38 PM
Or put them in huuuge machines that take "fluids" and do more Cravers (reflected on the recuperation time of the system after invading it)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 3:58:19 PM
Shameless bumping.

However what do you guys think of the idea that these improvements apart from the last one would be available from the start of the game? But would have the industry costs of 1000, 10,000, 100,000 and 1,000,000?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:42:50 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
"To quote the Amoeba: One mans slavery, is another mans social welfare plan."

That is my new all time favorite quote now! reminds me of my old Civ 4 days where we would be in modern age yet i would still have slaves. Ahh good times...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:34:08 PM
Beda wrote:
Thats all ways the catch isn't it, its all ways a matter from which side your looking at it.

"To quote the Amoeba: One mans slavery, is another mans social welfare plan."
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 5:51:05 PM
Thats all ways the catch isn't it, its all ways a matter from which side your looking at it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 4:30:32 PM
I would even go as far as for the cravers to treat them as roman style auxiliaries, after all just because they are space locust doesn't make them evil.

At least, not in their eyes....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:46:09 PM
I could see them rounding up the people in camps and making use of them for food and resources and the like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:26:46 PM
Beda wrote:
Sort of like the husks in mass effect?

That was what I have in mind.

(Because slaves need food, ... and think remembering Cravers being half-robots)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:26:41 PM
*shudders* hive races all ways give me the creeps ever since the first sword of the stars game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:24:28 PM
I can't say I have ever seen a Craver without a suit on, honestly I believe that cravers just subjugate the local population, depending on the local hive of course depends if they are whipped daily, or are allowed limited representation with the queens.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 4:36:52 PM
I think the game needs more defiance upgrades any every form. I say when a fleet kill off the last of the defending fleet they should still have to engage some sort of orbital defiance grid.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 1:02:12 PM
There is only so many people one can eat and if there are billions in one system might take along to time to eat them. So it would make sense that at some point they would just take slaves.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:47:29 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Not to mention people just getting in the way, even the cravers wouldn't want to to waste shots on civilians, because if anything that would just increase the fanaticism against their invasion!

Cravers don't eat people ? I imagined them doing that and making workers with recycled corpses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 10:45:37 AM
Codename_Veers wrote:
I like the idea as well. You could argue if this kind of defenses are helpfull enough, since through warp and military strategies like hacking and sabotage these defensive lines could be breached, but having more population in Space(Habitats) would make invasion much more complicated, since there will allways be gurellias and rebells somwhere in the system. So, jeah! Why not! Like it!

Not to mention people just getting in the way, even the cravers wouldn't want to to waste shots on civilians, because if anything that would just increase the fanaticism against their invasion!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 9:55:30 AM
I like the idea as well. You could argue if this kind of defenses are helpfull enough, since through warp and military strategies like hacking and sabotage these defensive lines could be breached, but having more population in Space(Habitats) would make invasion much more complicated, since there will allways be gurellias and rebells somwhere in the system. So, jeah! Why not! Like it!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment