Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

"Science" after all research is done

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 3:22:25 AM
Having the science bonus transmuted into Food, Industry, Dust, and Happiness makes sense to me - those research facilities are now focused on optimizing how things are done, instead of trying to reach new levels of understanding. Transmuting science into these other resources could be a straight 25% dedicated to each category.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 8:01:11 PM
Stargem wrote:
I do recall in Stars! how you continually research an area, even if there were no more technologies to be unlocked. By doing so you could make structures, parts, ships, and so forth more cheaper. This was also of particular importance for ships, as the parts also became more miniaturized, so you could fit more stuff into a hull. I guess if we had future research areas, we can do that in broad categories and have them cost a tremendous amount for each level.

Endless Economics : Boosts FIDS by +% per level, improves diplomacy, increases trade routes.

Endless Warfare : Miniaturizes modules, and increase fleet cap.

Endless Science : Reduces cost of structures and modules, and lowers upkeep costs. Adds special resources to a system.

Endless Exploration : Improves happiness %, reduces cost of terraforming. Increases hull tonnage.

Where is the +1 button in the forum?

smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 9:52:00 PM
Stargem wrote:
I do recall in Stars! how you continually research an area, even if there were no more technologies to be unlocked. By doing so you could make structures, parts, ships, and so forth more cheaper. This was also of particular importance for ships, as the parts also became more miniaturized, so you could fit more stuff into a hull. I guess if we had future research areas, we can do that in broad categories and have them cost a tremendous amount for each level.

Endless Economics : Boosts FIDS by +% per level, improves diplomacy, increases trade routes.

Endless Science : Reduces cost of structures and modules, and lowers upkeep costs. Adds special resources to a system.

Endless Exploration : Improves happiness %, reduces cost of terraforming. Increases hull tonnage.

Really like your idea mate smiley: smile Hope they make something like that! ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 10:39:15 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Good idea, I like it smiley: smile smiley: approval

Same here, it will put all of that research infrastructure to use in late/end game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 9:30:17 AM
Stargem wrote:

Good idea, I like it smiley: smile smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 9:02:42 AM

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 5:38:32 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
The more technologies we get to research, the better.

My sentiment exactly. If we had techs that could be continuously researched such as refinements giving bonuses to certain areas.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 3:52:40 PM
ZZGashi wrote:

Overall, I am kind of tired of games with static tech trees that once you have built up a lot of research infrastructure and then researched most if not all the technologies are then like "now what? Is that it?".

The more technologies we get to research, the better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 4:33:34 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
I'd actually say 50% to smiley: industry and 50% smiley: dust simply because if you are using Adaptive Industries than smiley: food is already transformed into smiley: industry

Having a bonus to food and happiness goes a long way for colonies that have not filled their population slots - better to have food that can be transmuted into production, than production that can't be turned into food. This would especially be key if diseases or bioweapons are added to the game, as populating worlds is crucial to making them valuable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 4:10:18 AM
I was going to make a suggestion thread about this, but since this already exists, I might as well post my idea here. I am all for the idea of repetitive research, which essentially just refines certain areas of one's empire, such as increased weapon damage for either energy, kinetic, or missiles. I think it would help with immersion in that one could create a very powerful empire with technology similar to what the Endless had. Then there is the strategic aspect, in that once one and one's opponents have researched all the technology in the game, there is very little to give one and advantage or an edge over one's enemies, having repetitive research that gives bonuses in certain areas would help with that and make the game much more interesting during the so-called late game.

Overall, I am kind of tired of games with static tech trees that once you have built up a lot of research infrastructure and then researched most if not all the technologies are then like "now what? Is that it?".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 4:00:55 AM
Stargem wrote:
Having the science bonus transmuted into Food, Industry, Dust, and Happiness makes sense to me - those research facilities are now focused on optimizing how things are done, instead of trying to reach new levels of understanding. Transmuting science into these other resources could be a straight 25% dedicated to each category.

I'd actually say 50% to smiley: industry and 50% smiley: dust simply because if you are using Adaptive Industries than smiley: food is already transformed into smiley: industry
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 10:05:45 PM
So what happens to Science after all the Researchable tech's are discovered? as far as I know, nothing; and they're just going to waste, and alle the Science upgrades to your systems are wasting your dust. I have a few suggestion to counter this:

1) It could be implemented as a standard option ingame; that when you've researched all techs, your Science focused System upgrades are deleted so not to waste Dust. Because deleting them manually is always a pain.

2) It could be implemented that when all techs are discovered that 25% of Science goes to Industry, or Dust production, or even something entirely different. (i just have a hard time coping with wasted resources smiley: wink )

What do you guys think? Any counter-suggestions, or feedback?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 9:27:50 PM
Tainted wrote:

Perhaps having them grayed out with a tag stating "Victory must be assured to research" on them.

-Tainted

If you ask me, Pan-Galactic Society should simply be colored golden. (And maybe the other techs that make it cheaper.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 8:46:23 PM
This would make playing past "victory" more enticing than just trying to maximize everything.

However if these made it into the game, I wouldn't want new players getting confused about what techs they actually need to win.

Perhaps having them grayed out with a tag stating "Victory must be assured to research" on them.

-Tainted
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 7:27:18 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
This is exactly why I like Alternative Galaxy Generator so much smiley: smile

As for surplus science, I believe the solution should be the same as that of food. If it were up to me, I would have the "Dust Virtualization" Tech share tier 11 with a technology that converts surplus science into a FID bonus.

I really like that idea, and that could totally work! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 6:22:53 PM
Buchwald91 wrote:

PS: Yes, I do play veeeery long games, in HUUGE maps :P the longer, bigger = the better for me smiley: smile

This is exactly why I like Alternative Galaxy Generator so much smiley: smile

As for surplus science, I believe the solution should be the same as that of food. If it were up to me, I would have the "Dust Virtualization" Tech share tier 11 with a technology that converts surplus science into a FID bonus.

If it would be converted 100% into industry, It would probobaly have to be on tier 13 (Which requires 3.5X as much research as tier 12)

Anyway, thats my take on it.

I too, play LONG games (Generally 50+ hour games)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 3:58:15 PM
All possible ways to get around the problem. smiley: smile

My primary issue is that its tedious to manually delete all the Science upgrades from your systems once you're done researching.

PS: Yes, I do play veeeery long games, in HUUGE maps :P the longer, bigger = the better for me smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 1:23:40 PM
1% boost to smiley: food smiley: industry and smiley: dust

But the tech costs as much as the science victory, but without the bonuses that make it cheaper?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment