Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Starting in the year 3000

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 11:14:38 AM
Taure wrote:
Or the Endless aren’t really gone and they set up a game for betting on, where up to 8 races they have encountered are placed in an abandoned galaxy (with there memories altered) and bets are taken on who will be victorious.

I like the way you think smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:43:18 AM
That seems a little off to me, do you know which hero it is?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:55:16 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
That seems a little off to me, do you know which hero it is?

According to this huge list (http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_List) in the Endless Space Wiki, the hero name is Conan Forsythe. Here's a picture of him and his description:

"Born on Earth, Conan was always fascinated with stars, even as a child. He left the planet as soon as he could with the military, where he progressed through the ranks. Young and charismatic, Conan demonstrated an uncanny ability to assess a battlefield quickly and organize effective defences. Over the course of the several years, his intervention saved many empire ships from destruction. It goes without saying that his skill and determination to minimize losses have made him very popular among the common servicemen."
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 5:26:44 AM
HumanSpacer wrote:

Anyway, I liked a lot this story.

thank you smiley: smile

HumanSpacer wrote:

Reminds me of someone from Battlestar galactica or uh Babylon 5... smiley: stickouttongue

Sovereign wrote:
Milky Way ftw!

yes. Those chocolate.. things are awesome.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:04:09 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Milky Way ftw!

Oh god, it's a shame we don't have these here in South America. smiley: cry
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 23, 2013, 5:48:33 PM
Wait guys, I have a even better story of how the United Empire was created: In a alternate reality, the Roman Empire never fallen (thanks the Gods for that!), and because they had to fight against the entire world to unify it, they spent alot of time to develop a modern society. Even after Earth was theirs, they didn't care too much about space exploration. But then, only in the year 3000 (or year MMM, in Roman numbers) they seriously started space exploration.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 12:18:39 AM
It's possible the galaxy your game takes place in is a "new" galaxy - all the players in it just happened to try colonizing the same galaxy at the same time (a bit farfetched, but are we all to believe 8 different races all reached the space stage at the same exact time?)

After all, a lot of hero descriptions refer to established militaries or empires... you have no empire and military when you start with your one lonely planet, do you?

Think about it: you start with a scout ship, a colonizer and a single planet. It's possible you used some Dust-powered device to take you on a one-way trip to this new galaxy, and that's pretty much what any sensible empire would send on such an expedition (if you're trying to colonize hundreds of new galaxies, you can't overcommit to any one of them).

Although to make this clearer, it would be cool if your home planet had some unique improvement, like an "Imperial Centre" or something, to both explain that you're colonists from another galaxy and also give you a reason to care about your home planet beyond avoiding a Supremacy defeat.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 10:51:04 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
It's possible the galaxy your game takes place in is a "new" galaxy - all the players in it just happened to try colonizing the same galaxy at the same time (a bit farfetched, but are we all to believe 8 different races all reached the space stage at the same exact time?)

Or the Endless aren’t really gone and they set up a game for betting on, where up to 8 races they have encountered are placed in an abandoned galaxy (with there memories altered) and bets are taken on who will be victorious.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:24:50 AM
stasik28 wrote:
...the Roman Empire of America quickly...

Roman Empire of America

Roman Empire of America

What the...

Anyway, I liked a lot this story.

Igncom1 wrote:
But that doesn't prove that ES humans even come from earth.

Maybe, but the UE hero mentioning Earth as it born place in its description proves that the UE comes from Earth. duh.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 11:16:20 AM
Taure wrote:

Now THIS is food for brains smiley: biggrin

I like your idea lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 8:14:21 PM
Taure wrote:

Humorous, although it's kind of defeated by the existence of the Endless hero. It would be a bit unfair if one of them joined a race in order to ensure their own victory in the bet? And also weird that none of the others do the same?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 8:52:43 PM
Taure wrote:

Quite depressiv if a so high advanced species would have nothing better to do as such primitiv and barbarian stuff.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 9:01:41 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Quite depressiv if a so high advanced species would have nothing better to do as such primitiv and barbarian stuff.

Maybe they were bored.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 9:09:55 PM
Maybe Skuoi Kyryi(or whatever his real name is, maybe fred) has been sent as an internal observer, maybe the whole galaxy is just the largest set for a reality show for the endless*! the same could be true for Kyuind Neuil. Or maybe the Galaxy is made alone for the two of them to compete with each other...

*"It's the 'Among Mortals'-Show, with your's Truely Kyuind Neuil"-"And Skuoi Kyryi"-"thank you Kyuind!"-"No Problem Skuoi, No problem at all."-"Today the two of us are leading two Large fleets of Cravers"-"and Hissho"-"Bless you! *canned laughter* fighting to their Deaths. Stay tuned If you crave *canned laughter* to see the outcome of this vicious battle just as much as I do"
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 9:21:28 PM
I've seen somewhere in history that pilgrims actually fled away to Alpha Centauri. Wikia says only something about Solar System.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 25, 2013, 2:18:25 PM
Taure wrote:

Ca_Putt wrote:
Maybe Skuoi Kyryi(or whatever his real name is, maybe fred) has been sent as an internal observer, maybe the whole galaxy is just the largest set for a reality show for the endless*! the same could be true for Kyuind Neuil. Or maybe the Galaxy is made alone for the two of them to compete with each other...

I like these ideas! But they look a bit like the 2010 "Predators" film, in which humans have been abducted by the Predators then put on an alien planet, so the Predators could have some lethal fun in hunting the humans. And I like it.

Let's impress the Endless in their little reality show, then!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
Having proper starting year for each race is probably 'on the same shelf' as having race-specific system names.

Although, for now, I would prefer that all races started in 'Year 0' - the year when FTL travel method was acquired by all of them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 10:33:11 PM
Also when they talk about the Sheredyn in the description if my memory is correct they make references to the Praetorian guard, which hails from Antique Rome, so our Earth
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 5:33:41 PM
well maybe we bombed ourself back and were forced to start from the scretch (example nuclear holocaust)

or some Ideologie tooks over the earth for a long time slowing down any scientific progress (medieval *cough* christianity *cough*)

and also technology is not an exponential graph its like the more we go forward on the X-Axis the increase on the Y-Axis becomes smaller and smaller till there is a point of almost stagnation.

Our mind and your imagination capabilitys are limited to our current evolutionary state and so is our technological potential.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment