Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Starting in the year 3000

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 5:55:01 PM
It's never said if with 3000 our year 3000 is meant. It could be something different for example years since the end of the Dust Wars. It could also be some kind of standard years, for example the half-life of a radioactive element/isotope of an element, which is used because of different year duration on different planets throughout the galaxy.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 7:17:01 PM
You guys have some good points, specially Sovereign. Since from the day I noticed this, I always considered the possibility that humanity was amost destroyed by some kind of terrible catastrophe, and then we tryed to rebuild, originating the United Empire.

The possibility of an ideology is also considerable, since every human can be stupid enough to fall into some same crazy ideology or religion.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:32:02 PM
Sovereign wrote:

or some Ideologie tooks over the earth for a long time slowing down any scientific progress (medieval *cough* christianity *cough*)

Last time I checked the *cough*Renaissance*cough* was not really slowing down Human advancement.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:33:52 PM
The ES galaxy, isn't our own.

Thus the lack of the earth.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:58:27 PM
Why are humans in a galaxy which isent the milky way?

ps: if it is the milky way or not (or an alternate version of it) was never clear to me. I asked SpaceTroll and also Stephnie a month ago but no one answered me to that question. ; (
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 9:16:20 PM
I remember in one of the UE hero descriptions that he was born on Earth, so it is the Milky Way. And the calendar they are using seems like ours.

And if there was an apocalyptic catastrophe, wouldn't more than one race be a lot more than the others and likewise others would be a lot less advanced.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 10:28:27 PM
I do remember reading that this wasn't the milky way.

But I could be wrong, so Why humanity hasn't advanced as far as predicted?

Why why don't we have flying cars? And what happened between now and the current institution of the UE?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 5:20:09 PM
Just some constructive criticism here:

I think that in the year 3000, humanity would be far more advanced than the United Empire or the Pilgrims. Humanity advanced a LOT in the past thousand years, so imagine how we will be in the next thousand years, considering that our technological advance rates today are about the twice of the one in the past thousand years, so in the next thousand years, we will advance two times more than we advanced in the past thousand years. Theres no problem in starting the game in the year 3000 with alien races, since it's our calendar and there's no way for us to know how advanced they will be in the year 3000, but in that year, humans would consider the United Empire and Pilgrim's technological level primitive.

In my opinion, it would be more correct to set the starting year to 2300, but thats just my opinion. Hope you guys understand it. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 10:41:19 PM
T41 wrote:
I remember in one of the UE hero descriptions that he was born on Earth, so it is the Milky Way.

You're right, I also remember that hero.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 10:49:07 PM
N-Blackmore wrote:
Also when they talk about the Sheredyn in the description if my memory is correct they make references to the Praetorian guard, which hails from Antique Rome, so our Earth

That doesn't mean what you imply, after all most of the themes used by the UE and Sheredyn can be traced to human history, and so earth.

But that doesn't prove that ES humans even come from earth.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 11:52:51 PM
I do remember episodes from Star Trek where some Earth cultures some how developed on other planets. It's not very realistic IMO, but it could possibly be possible.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 11:54:51 PM
And also the fact that technological advancement has been slowing down considerably over the last few years.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 12:10:26 AM
stasik28 wrote:
And also the fact that technological advancement has been slowing down considerably over the last few years.

Yes! I saw a chart and the late 1800s to the mid 1900s was just a mountain while it was declining past that point to now.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 1:06:07 AM
N-Blackmore wrote:
Also when they talk about the Sheredyn in the description if my memory is correct they make references to the Praetorian guard, which hails from Antique Rome, so our Earth

A lot of people make their ideas mirror Earth cultures, usually Roman for humans, almost every time. So that isn't really.... applicable smiley: stickouttongue

T41 wrote:
Yes! I saw a chart and the late 1800s to the mid 1900s was just a mountain while it was declining past that point to now.

Really? where did you see that?

HumanSpacer wrote:

In my opinion, it would be more correct to set the starting year to 2300, but thats just my opinion. Hope you guys understand it. smiley: biggrin

Well 2300 is extremely optimistic for us, especially since few countries are putting considerable funding into space. Even the famous NASA who put a man on the moon lost most funding into it

Igncom1 wrote:

Why why don't we have flying cars? And what happened between now and the current institution of the UE?

Flying cars = harriers :P. What happened was (not really) US economy failed, the current president abolished the Republic and reformed Imperialism. After several years of propaganda, ethnics were abolished and the Roman Empire of America quickly developed chemical weapons and battle satellites. The military grew in numbers quickly and they began conquering the countries and converting them to farming and factories and the population as slaves. The manifest destiny was changed to include all of the world. They quickly began mass producing missiles, anti missile satellites and planes for defense. Missiles were used to destroy fortifications and stronger fleets before sending in the rest. The REA finally conquered all of Earth in 2195. As American heads of state were placed as governors in all conquered countries, the Emperor had a feeling of nostalgia and slightly brought back his nations old name, and called it the United Empire. Hoping to expand his empire outside of the planet, he encouraged technological advancements in the field of space in order to colonize nearby planets that are believed to have Earth-like characteristics. After centuries of advancement and the colonization of nearby solar systems as well as the rest of Sol they found an Endless ship. From the ship they extracted FTL (if turn one ships even have FTL) and quickly began reverse engineering it for reproduction. It is now the year 3000, the UE is ruled by Emperor Maximilian Zelevas, the pilgrims have split off and horatio has found cloning technology for himself. With cravers and hissho at one end of his empire and the rest on the other side, war is the only option.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment