Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 10:10:33 PM
jetkar wrote:
This has been added to summary list for Dev Teams consideration under Game Play > Mods > Special Battle cards

<3

Thanks for that!

I sooo hope the devs will like it, I wanna see dreadnoughts ramming each other so badly ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 7:33:08 AM
It's slightly unhelpful to the overall fun factor of the game that one can map, and then maintain oversight of, the entire galaxy. The fact that I can see exactly where each territorial boundary is, where fleets are stationed and in what quantity (approx) somehow is detrimental to the game because I think the reality shouldn't be that clear - even concerning your allies' territories.

The solution might lie in the re-creation of a form of fog of war. That way you'd know WHERE a system is and what it's called but not necessarily WHOM it belongs to. This would make scout vessels more important even in the later stages of the game and would bring a certain continuous thrill to game in my opinion. I feel it would be pretty exciting if one wasn't sure of one was taking on a massive empire or a medium-sized or smallish one and scouting would become a tactical necessity.

The core idea was that a kind of fog of war should gray out systems which one has not visited lately, thus making it a requirement to send scouts with sensor modules out again and also to pay a closer attention to one's territorial boundaries/borders and sensor range. Systems would not revert to unexplored however, nor would trade be affected. Result would be a tactical/strategic requirement for keeping one's intelligence on the galaxy up to date.

The original thread is HERE.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 12:58:59 PM
n18991c wrote:
It's slightly unhelpful to the overall fun factor of the game that one can map, and then maintain oversight of, the entire galaxy. The fact that I can see exactly where each territorial boundary is, where fleets are stationed and in what quantity (approx) somehow is detrimental to the game because I think the reality shouldn't be that clear - even concerning your allies' territories.

The solution might lie in the re-creation of a form of fog of war. That way you'd know WHERE a system is and what it's called but not necessarily WHOM it belongs to. This would make scout vessels more important even in the later stages of the game and would bring a certain continuous thrill to game in my opinion. I feel it would be pretty exciting if one wasn't sure of one was taking on a massive empire or a medium-sized or smallish one and scouting would become a tactical necessity.

The core idea was that a kind of fog of war should gray out systems which one has not visited lately, thus making it a requirement to send scouts with sensor modules out again and also to pay a closer attention to one's territorial boundaries/borders and sensor range. Systems would not revert to unexplored however, nor would trade be affected. Result would be a tactical/strategic requirement for keeping one's intelligence on the galaxy up to date.

The original thread is HERE.

I agree but I need you to add a poll to your suggestion
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 11:30:21 AM
jetkar wrote:
I agree but I need you to add a poll to your suggestion

Done, hope it all works out! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 7:48:02 AM
Dropfish wrote:
Please make the UI scalable or add an option to increase text font size. Currently the text is uncomfortable to read because of its small size even on standard resolutions.

Original thread

Poll

Update on this since the Dev Team are currently looking into this. This will not be added to summary list
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 10:44:57 AM
jetkar wrote:
This will not be added due to votes opposing your idea. We appreciate your suggestion and hope you have another
The vote has not ended yet...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 6:26:58 PM
Science Trading

Added a poll/removed the "Percentage Dust per turn" suggestion to avoid being flagged as Composite. If a mod could amend the title of the thread to reflect the change.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 7:52:02 AM
Waylander1982 wrote:
Science Trading

Added a poll/removed the "Percentage Dust per turn" suggestion to avoid being flagged as Composite. If a mod could amend the title of the thread to reflect the change.

Interesting idea let see how it progresses. Best of luck ! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 10:15:17 AM
Thanks.

Next up "Option to remove tech trading" smiley: twisted

I'm reasonable certain that some effect like what I'm describing could simply be added as a mod, the question I have is how would mods behave in an MP game?

Assuming everyone has the same install with the same modification.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 7:29:58 AM
Waylander1982 wrote:
Thanks.

Next up "Option to remove tech trading" smiley: twisted

I'm reasonable certain that some effect like what I'm describing could simply be added as a mod, the question I have is how would mods behave in an MP game?

Assuming everyone has the same install with the same modification.

We have to see !!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 3:10:09 PM
Just to let you all know that I will be going away for a month. Both the Dev team and Mods will be monitoring your suggestion during my absence from now. I will be back by 3 December 2012
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 8:30:36 PM
New sound effects. The constant high pitched pinging and screeching coming out of my speakers is off putting and generally annoying. This includes the UI noise, ambient noise and most sound effects.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 7:29:50 PM
Suggestion: Revamp faster fleet repair separate from combat with emphasis on gameplay balance and convenience to the player.

I suggest an increased, scaling, passive flat repair rate for ships in hanger based on the number of constructed hanger improvements in a system.

Alternately Brazillian Joe suggests repair in orbit limited by the amount of system production used for repairing in order to minimize micromanagement.

Faster Fleet Repair in Hanger

Both ideas are found in this thread^

===========

Separately the UI should allow for:

1. Setting rally points for newly constructed ships, possibly with a toggle button for each system to determine if the ships go to the currently designated rally. More complexly multiple rallies could be chosen and a drop down menu used for each system.

2. Repeating production of a current ship at maximum speed infinitely until told to stop (aka if a system has enough production, it will default to producing multiple ships per turn).

3. A "launch all ships in hanger" (empire wide) button.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 12:07:07 AM
I've had difficulty trying to see if this already exists anywhere on the forum, but I would really like to see an option to prevent duplication of factions when selecting the random faction button. I started an 8 player game the other day and there was only two unique races among the whole lot of us, so it would be nice to have the choice to allow for duplicate races or not. This could apply also outside of random factions, it's just with random factions where I've noticed the problem most of all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 15, 2013, 4:05:26 PM
- I would like my race to assign a home system. For example, the ice planet. Of course, such a race would get even better WIND income of ice planet and satisfaction bonuses.

- List of vessels for all ships in the hangar (search the Hangar Icon on the Galaxy Map is boringsmiley: stickouttongue)

- Buildings tab for classes: business, industry, food, science, military, influence, satisfaction

- I find it very hard to go through the list of buildings and to make a choice even after a few sessions. A subdivision of the building for the purpose of review would be great. (see above)

- Specific planet (ice, lava) improvements should be graphically at first glance to distinguish from normal improvements. That would make it easier to navigate in the building menu

- The selection of an improvement for certain planets should let shine them. (if I go with the mouse on the improvement, so i can see all Planets that benefits from the improvement)

- Display of all the planets in a system, as small icons? This makes it easier to decide what I want to build into the system.

- Improvement of the complicated drag and drop system in the building menu. Are many objects in the building list you have to scroll up awkward to move around a building. At least to postpone the possibility that i can move a system upgrade or a ship from top to bottom.

- More random events

- Occurrence of random events should be adjustable

- Hardness of random events should be adjustable

- Wish for probably many: Optional: Round based combat with manual control of each ship.

- Once I have terraformed a system or the maximum population is reached, there are some unnecessary improvements.

+ food; Bonuses for the planet class no longer in the system is

Such improvements should also be easier to remove

EDIT:

I hope my English is good enough, if not i can write it down in German. But i dont find a suggestion Thread in the German Topic.

i forgot:

- i think some Balancing is needed. Most of my Games was over and i win them in less then 100 Rounds. The KI have only a few Systems left and i have most of the Technologies explored. Terraforming i get so late that i dont need them anymore and the last two Heroes too.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment