Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 10, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
Different parts for the system construction list.

Food-, Production-, Dust-, Science-, Approval- and Shipbuildings should be seperated selectable.

Especially for the midgame the construction lists would be more clearly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 1:57:12 PM
Has there been any suggestion linking more than one galaxy together?

I find the one galaxy (even huge with high density) to be pretty shallow and small. I would love to see the option of more than one galaxy and a mid game science option that allows travel between them.

This and removal of the 300 turn limit would do wonders for the game replay value.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 4:52:41 PM
Thoto79 wrote:

I find the one galaxy (even huge with high density) to be pretty shallow and small. I would love to see the option of more than one galaxy and a mid game science option that allows travel between them.

This and removal of the 300 turn limit would do wonders for the game replay value.

As far as I recall this has not been mentioned I would suggest you create a seperate thread with a poll in order to get your idea raised with the community.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 4:56:34 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
An easy one improvement to make:

- additional color for Planets: The Sands of Desert-Planets look all the same, but why not some Mars-like red or some grey? Jungleplanets with a more violet-based environment? Or a Oceanplanet with more green or ice-blue seas? (So: just some random additional colors for Planets, thus having a wider visual variety of Planets.)

If I recall this has been suggested as visual asthetics and is with Dev team
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 8:08:04 PM
It's most likely already been suggested, but space stations. Not only ones you can build for defense/offense/trade but also ones you can come across, such as:

-Derelict space stations that have a chance to find new tech, heroes, artifacts, or a few turns supply of an element if you choose to explore them.

-Neutral/rogue space stations where you can send a hero to buy/trade tech, heroes, mercenaries, or even ships. A chance to integrate the station into your empire or destroy it would also be rather neat.

Another few ideas:

-Marine units you can put on ships as a support module that give a chance to capture or salvage enemy ships after a battle and increase invasion military power by a small amount/percentage.

-Ability to hire mercenary fleets.

-For the Interactive Random Events: If a war or disaster occurs near/in one of your systems, a random event choice might take place in a neighboring system where you can choose to allow refugees in the system. Population goes up but happiness goes down as a result.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 4:58:46 PM
LordXenu wrote:
It's most likely already been suggested, but space stations. Not only ones you can build for defense/offense/trade but also ones you can come across, such as:

-Derelict space stations that have a chance to find new tech, heroes, artifacts, or a few turns supply of an element if you choose to explore them.

-Neutral/rogue space stations where you can send a hero to buy/trade tech, heroes, mercenaries, or even ships. A chance to integrate the station into your empire or destroy it would also be rather neat.

Another few ideas:

-Marine units you can put on ships as a support module that give a chance to capture or salvage enemy ships after a battle and increase invasion military power by a small amount/percentage.

-Ability to hire mercenary fleets.

-For the Interactive Random Events: If a war or disaster occurs near/in one of your systems, a random event choice might take place in a neighboring system where you can choose to allow refugees in the system. Population goes up but happiness goes down as a result.

TBH all of these have been suggested and are being either considered or introduced to the game. They are listed here
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 1:02:24 PM
Ok, so I posted my idea about a week ago and it got fairly popular, here's the link:

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12474-suicide-collision-course-battle-card

Basic idea is to use your ships as battering rams/suicide bombers in moments of desperation via the use of special battle cards. The cards go into effect only after reaching melee phase to prevent the abuse. Also it makes sense, since it's going to take a while for your ships to reach the enemy fleet, even with boosted engines.

Have a look, I hope you like it! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 8:00:21 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
Ok, so I posted my idea about a week ago and it got fairly popular, here's the link:

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12474-suicide-collision-course-battle-card

Basic idea is to use your ships as battering rams/suicide bombers in moments of desperation via the use of special battle cards. The cards go into effect only after reaching melee phase to prevent the abuse. Also it makes sense, since it's going to take a while for your ships to reach the enemy fleet, even with boosted engines.

I have noticed your suggestion and fair discussion and popularity on it. However you need to add a poll for Dev team to consider by gauge the popularity with the community of your suggestion/ idea. Before I can add to the list.

Its for the community and Dev team to be inspired by your idea not me ...lol smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 12:07:52 PM
jetkar wrote:
I have noticed your suggestion and fair discussion and popularity on it. However you need to add a poll for Dev team to consider by gauge the popularity with the community of your suggestion/ idea. Before I can add to the list.

Its for the community and Dev team to be inspired by your idea not me ...lol smiley: smile

Aww...

Well, here's hoping people didn't forget about my topic, now that they shared their opinions
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 3:52:34 PM
Thoto79 wrote:

This suggestion has been added to the Summary List under Game Play > General > Linked Galaxies
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 3:58:44 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
Aww...

Well, here's hoping people didn't forget about my topic, now that they shared their opinions

I see your idea is gathering pace with interest from what I see. Since the poll has only ran for 4 day I cannot add your suggestion to summary list until 27 September 2012. Well done !!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 3:38:09 PM
Please make the UI scalable or add an option to increase text font size. Currently the text is uncomfortable to read because of its small size even on standard resolutions.

Original thread

Poll
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 4:04:25 PM
Greedy wrote:
Habitable Moons? why cant moons be colonized?

Wow I thought this was previously mentioned but apparently not and why not ?? Please create a thread with a Poll so this can be discussed and generate an interest to add this to the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 4:08:58 PM
Dropfish wrote:
Please make the UI scalable or add an option to increase text font size. Currently the text is uncomfortable to read because of its small size even on standard resolutions.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12450-please-increase-text-font-size-in-game-or-provide-option-for-players-to-increase

Interesting idea please add a poll to your suggestion I am aware you have had alot of comments on this but need a poll with it. In order for the Dev team to gauge the interest and it to summary list for their consideration and development.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:49:10 PM
jetkar wrote:
Interesting idea please add a poll to your suggestion I am aware you have had alot of comments on this but need a poll with it. In order for the Dev team to gauge the interest and it to summary list for their consideration and development.

Done, the poll is running and I'll be coming back to this thread in 7 days. Hope we get enough votes! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 8:03:22 AM
Dropfish wrote:
Done, the poll is running and I'll be coming back to this thread in 7 days. Hope we get enough votes! smiley: smile

Good I see alot of support for it and alot of discussion for everyone to consider. Best of Luck !!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:33:04 AM
PANCZASU wrote:

This has been added to summary list for Dev Teams consideration under Game Play > Mods > Special Battle cards
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment