Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 9:33:25 PM
messej wrote:
I'm pretty sure I saw the longer names things mentioned before, but I second the idea of tinting the attacks - though I'd recommend by Faction Color, rather than race.

Yes Messej is correct this has been suggested and is listed summary thread under Interfaces > Longer Ship/Fleet/Planet names and Mod/Techs > Customiseable Ship Skins/Colours
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:03:10 PM
Since some of the instructions are confusing me, the optimal pattern I see for suggestions is as follows.

When a user has an idea he/she would like to suggest, he/she should:

[LIST=1]
  • Check to see if the idea is related to any Known Bugs.
  • Check to see if the idea is similar to anything currently Under Consideration.
  • Check to see if the idea is similar to anything that has already Been Suggested.

• [/LIST]

If there was a similar idea:

[LIST=1]
  • Follow the link to the appropriate thread and contribute to the discussion.

• [/LIST]

If there was no similar idea:

[LIST=1]
  • Create a new thread to direct discussion.
  • Post in the suggestion thread a brief synopsis of the suggestion/idea, along with a link to the specific discussion thread.

• [/LIST]
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 11, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
    Gameplay: Tec Sugestion - Artificial moons

I understand the need to keep planets to one "exploitable" moon, but I'd like to suggest a technology that gave players the ability to create an artificaial exploitable moon on any planet (capable of having a moon normally, so porbably not asteroids) that doesn't alreeady ahve one. The artificial moon would come "pre-explored", so no expiditions to find a centuries old Endless temple suddenly appearing the moon you just created. But it would be exploitable by other tecs (such as the +1 max pop for a moon tec, or the extra 3 food on moons tec) - just a thought....
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 11, 2012, 10:39:47 PM
    PyroVortex wrote:
    Since some of the instructions are confusing me, the optimal pattern I see for suggestions is as follows.

This. I highly recommend to put into the top of the OP, links and all. (Especially since the first link is to my thread. )
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 12:26:47 AM
    Pretty sure I didn't see a suggestion similar to mine: /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13262-suggestion-stellar-construction

Summary:

Being able to create a given type of construction in space, specifically for stellar anomalies such as black holes, the quasar, magnetar, nebulae, neutron stars etc...

These construction would depending on level of construction and type of exploited stellar anomaly grant direct FIDS, empire wide advantages or other bonuses as well as unique ressources.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 4:23:47 AM
    Just have two ideas that I don't think have been suggested and I have not yet seen, but if they have I apologize ahead of time.

1. Aside from the various victory conditions which do require many resources and time, I think that there should be a number of "mega projects" witch require massive investments with great payouts. For example; a ship capable of disrupting the fusion of a star there by destroying the whole system, or the same concept applied to individual planets. Another example might be something like the current exploits available for individual planets, but instead it would be to convert the entire planet into a city which would exponentially increase the max population but decrease the food production which would need to be made up by other planets in the system.

2. Another Idea I have is to have to option of sending supplies between systems. As of now this is done with science and dust which is pooled from all the systems into the treasury or current research project. What I would like to see is the option to set up trade routs within the empire to move food and production between systems, so that excess food can go to newly developed colonies, and production can be concentrated in certain systems that you want for ship production or whatever else you are building. To do this you would first need to construct a system improvement that can be upgraded to increase the amount transferred.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 4:35:58 AM
    messej wrote:

I understand the need to keep planets to one "exploitable" moon, but I'd like to suggest a technology that gave players the ability to create an artificaial exploitable moon on any planet (capable of having a moon normally, so porbably not asteroids) that doesn't alreeady ahve one. The artificial moon would come "pre-explored", so no expiditions to find a centuries old Endless temple suddenly appearing the moon you just created. But it would be exploitable by other tecs (such as the +1 max pop for a moon tec, or the extra 3 food on moons tec) - just a thought....

The mass you would need to do this would be about the size of a moon you already had, it seems silly.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 6:57:55 AM
    KNC wrote:
    Pretty sure I didn't see a suggestion similar to mine: /#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13262-suggestion-stellar-construction

Summary:

Being able to create a given type of construction in space, specifically for stellar anomalies such as black holes, the quasar, magnetar, nebulae, neutron stars etc...

These construction would depending on level of construction and type of exploited stellar anomaly grant direct FIDS, empire wide advantages or other bonuses as well as unique ressources.

This now been added on to the summary list under Mods/Techs > Stellar Constructor Mod/Tech
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:03:01 AM
    davea wrote:
    This. I highly recommend to put into the top of the OP, links and all. (Especially since the first link is to my thread. )

I agreed and have amended my OP
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:06:17 AM
    Man_O_War wrote:
    Just have two ideas that I don't think have been suggested and I have not yet seen, but if they have I apologize ahead of time.

1. Aside from the various victory conditions which do require many resources and time, I think that there should be a number of "mega projects" witch require massive investments with great payouts. For example; a ship capable of disrupting the fusion of a star there by destroying the whole system, or the same concept applied to individual planets. Another example might be something like the current exploits available for individual planets, but instead it would be to convert the entire planet into a city which would exponentially increase the max population but decrease the food production which would need to be made up by other planets in the system.

This will be added on the summary list on Monday 14 May 2012

2. Another Idea I have is to have to option of sending supplies between systems. As of now this is done with science and dust which is pooled from all the systems into the treasury or current research project. What I would like to see is the option to set up trade routs within the empire to move food and production between systems, so that excess food can go to newly developed colonies, and production can be concentrated in certain systems that you want for ship production or whatever else you are building. To do this you would first need to construct a system improvement that can be upgraded to increase the amount transferred.

This has been already suggested and is on the summary list under Mods/Techs > Trade/Transport ships and is now being tracked by the Dev Team
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:07:40 AM
    messej wrote:

This will be added to summary list on Monday 14 May 2012
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:20:39 AM
    Igncom1 wrote:
    The mass you would need to do this would be about the size of a moon you already had, it seems silly.

This is an interest thought how much somehting like Death Star would cost and how much rescources it would need check the link
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:25:59 AM
    @ Jetkar

"Idle Job Notification" didn't seem to emphasize the additional items I wanted introduced. Its far too simplistic and I want to make sure its not just another icon on the right side of the screen that pretty much gets ignored.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 7:33:48 AM
    antemalagon wrote:
    @ Jetkar

"Idle Job Notification" didn't seem to emphasize the additional items I wanted introduced. Its far too simplistic and I want to make sure its not just another icon on the right side of the screen that pretty much gets ignored.

Thats understandable if considered by the Dev team will look to enhance that idea and include what you originally stated as they are monitor this thread too
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 9:30:17 AM
    Purely technical, but stamping the 32bit executable with the "Large Memory Aware" Flag will allow the 32bit game to use the full 4gb address space on a 64bit system rather than just 2gb. But if the engine supports it, a native 64bit build would be great.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 10:38:50 AM
    shielded systems would be nice. research a system shield near the end of a tech tree and have it to where invading fleets must "bring down" the shield before they can enter the system. This would help reduce the number of pirate attacks and attacks from enemies. Would also like to see planetary defenses...like anti-ship missile batteries.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 10:39:35 AM
    Xon wrote:
    Purely technical, but stamping the 32bit executable with the "Large Memory Aware" Flag will allow the 32bit game to use the full 4gb address space on a 64bit system rather than just 2gb. But if the engine supports it, a native 64bit build would be great.

They could also make it use all the memory available. In my case, that would be 16GB.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment