stasik28
Stealth_Hawk
vahouth
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 4:51:46 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Well, the community has decided. smiley: smile Keep in mind that there is the G2G vote that should decide once and for all who won this competition!

Congratulations to everyone smiley: approval and especially our three "winners":

We promise to get back to you as soon as possible. smiley: smile

Awesome, can't wait to enter "The Danger Zone!"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 5:53:11 PM
vahouth wrote:
For you and Panzer I agree, he did a really great job on your designs uplifting them immensely.

Mine feels somewhat neglected in comparison though. smiley: sad Maybe it's not the right one... I don't know.

To be honest I would prefer the sickle ones not the bike ones for my entry, as I would like to see more for all three submissions.

Personally I think he stuck to your design the most and he said that it fit his view the most which is why he didn't really modify it. I guess this is what happens when you have different art skills combined with an attempt to portray these pieces through a professional artist's hands. I don't think your submission suffered much though...It's still an improved version of what 50% of people voted for
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 5:48:29 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

My Aside: It seems that people will be voting for the Bicycle (Vahouth), the Cylinder (Me) or the Platform (Panzer). Very nice, well handled designs overall.

For you and Panzer I agree, he did a really great job on your designs uplifting them immensely.

Mine feels somewhat neglected in comparison though. smiley: sad Maybe it's not the right one... I don't know.

To be honest I would prefer the sickle ones not the bike ones for my entry, as I would like to see more for all three submissions.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 5:20:36 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

My Aside: It seems that people will be voting for the Bicycle (Vahouth), the Cylinder (Me) or the Platform (Panzer). Very nice, well handled designs overall.

This...this is what the voting should be.....xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 5:19:46 PM
Panzer wrote:
0Ray, You did my vision more justice then my limited art skills ever could. The smoothness is exactly what I wanted, but didn't have the skills to portray! I Literally cannot be more amazed by all three of those concepts....

You and me both.

Perfect for the Faction! I must say, though, that it would be better if we could see concept art of all the classes. That would give us a more clear path to vote. But I know Oray is probably already busy with the fighters and bombers and, from experience, I know its not easy to do what Oray does, so.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 5:17:25 PM
0Ray, You did my vision more justice then my limited art skills ever could. The smoothness is exactly what I wanted, but didn't have the skills to portray! I Literally cannot be more amazed by all three of those concepts....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 4:33:07 PM
it would be awesome if we could vote for each ship class.

so perhaps we can then choose a cruiser from Digitalhawk; a transport from panzer; a corvette from vahouth; ...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 4:03:26 PM
When I seen your post Oray i felt the electricity running through my body... after viewing the drawings all i can say is... wow, they are just amazing, i love your art style Oray - it is so clean. You hit my design right in the head! Honestly you have nailed my concepts - i was promoting a platform feel but the cylindrical style fits the design much better as it gives it synergy with the engine shape. I love how you have handled the 'ribbed' look to it and the cog/gear shapes; I also like how you have handled my concepts and taken it as your own, modified it a little here and there which in turn makes me feel compelled to agree with how you have changed the design, which is definitely for the better. You sir deserve an internet high-five!

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 2:00:59 PM
I like them ALL! smiley: biggrin

I would prefer though to see the same type of ships in the concepts, since it feels like my ship is having a big disadvantage here.

And I would certainly like to see more of them... smiley: smile Could you do any ship from my second line btw?

Is this in any way possible?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 11:36:22 AM
Hi!

I'm a concept artist at Amplitude studios, we decided to redraw the winners submissions: Vahouth, DigitalHawk96 and Panzer. You guys have posted several designs so we have decided to pick one of them. We hope you will like it:

Vahout:

Valouth's concept already had well balanced shapes and is very close to my vision of the Automatons, therefore I didn’t change it much.

Digitalhawk:

I read the overall shape of this design as a cylinder, I hope I was right. Digitalhawk 's design seems very massive and compact. On my version I just made it lighter, to give room on the inside of the ship, that way, we can have mechanical parts rotating in the core within a nice soft light glow, should look good and bring life in there.

Panzer:

Panzer's design was very blocky, very square. What i did is just smooth it a little bit but i kept the overall shapes, so it would be more coherent with the character design. I also added some mechanical parts who can move inside the core of the ship as if it was alive.

I tried to explain how i redesigned your concepts, hope you enjoy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 5:43:18 PM
Well I had high hopes but coming fifth out of all that isn't too bad. Thanks everyone who voted for my entry, and the kind words in general. I think I'll be looking forward to whatever competition comes next.smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 6:01:51 PM
Panzer wrote:
Personally I think he stuck to your design the most and he said that it fit his view the most which is why he didn't really modify it. I guess this is what happens when you have different art skills combined with an attempt to portray these pieces through a professional artist's hands. I don't think your submission suffered much though...It's still an improved version of what 50% of people voted for

Don't get me wrong, it is certainly an improvement but I don't feel it to be the right representative of my work. Maybe it's just the angle...I don't know...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 12:11:03 PM
Steph'nie wrote:

About what, I wonder, hmmmmmmmmmm.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 11:14:39 AM
jpwang99 wrote:
I have to say even though Vahouth has great designs, I don't believe that it fits the clockwork theme :P

Well, the community has decided. smiley: smile Keep in mind that there is the G2G vote that should decide once and for all who won this competition!

Congratulations to everyone smiley: approval and especially our three "winners":

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 10:57:00 AM
I have to say even though Vahouth has great designs, I don't believe that it fits the clockwork theme :P
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 12:20:15 AM
vahouth wrote:
cough, cough maybe they will someday...

Haha! I think I just added insult to injury. smiley: stickouttongue

Anyway... I don't think that my ships look like gigantic flying Automatons really! Yes, they share certain similarities, but definitely not anatomical ones.

Im just going to go and give up on life now, how could I forget Macross......regardless you've just delivered the finishing blow; hats off to you my friend.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 11:44:38 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Well u can find in every design something good. The Horatio Ships are harder to hit cause they have holes like a cheese from switzerland.

Well and only go for efficenzy then all ships would have to look like Star-Destroyers from Star Wars or Borg Ships from Star Trek (i read some years ago in some nerds Forums why their designs are the best and logical of all in Scifi)

And why not some ships which are looking like the race they build them? Maybe they are so in love with themselfes?

Or just think about the Human Reaper from Mass Effect 2 ; D

Why Building Ships for Automatons if u can build ONE BIG SPACE AUTOMATON WHICH IS THE SHIP BY HIMSELF AND IS CRUSHING EVERYONE LIKE A GODDAMIT REAPER!

XD

I shy away from the "Iron Giant" concept when i think the Automaton's live in orbital garden cities, that whole idea made Symbiotic Satellites make sense to me - im a man of giant floating platform fortress cities!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 11:21:00 PM
Well u can find in every design something good. The Horatio Ships are harder to hit cause they have holes like a cheese from switzerland.

Well and only go for efficenzy then all ships would have to look like Star-Destroyers from Star Wars or Borg Ships from Star Trek (i read some years ago in some nerds Forums why their designs are the best and logical of all in Scifi)

And why not some ships which are looking like the race they build them? Maybe they are so in love with themselfes?

Or just think about the Human Reaper from Mass Effect 2 ; D

Why Building Ships for Automatons if u can build ONE BIG SPACE AUTOMATON WHICH IS THE SHIP BY HIMSELF AND IS CRUSHING EVERYONE LIKE A GODDAMIT REAPER!

XD
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment