rudderbutt
stasik28
Stealth_Hawk
vahouth
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 11:09:51 PM
Yeah that's the sort of balance these sort of things need. If designers always went for what would make sense scientifically we wouldn't have the Horatio ships after all. The tropes "Awesome, but impractical" versus "Boring, but Practical" come to mind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 6:54:01 PM
Mr-Haitch wrote:
Its an interesting debate actually. The way I seen personally, a race of robots might end up designing their machinery to have similarities to themselves, especially if they developed completely in isolation, with only themselves as reference to draw on.

They would only shoot for the most practical design.

However, for a game, they do need to be identifiable. It adds and element of uniqueness to each faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 9:02:21 AM
Panzer wrote:
But, as someone so awesomely said before, human ships look nothing like gigantic flying humans

This may be true. On the other side, Hissho and Amoeba ships actually look like Hissho or Amoebae. And they look awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 8:49:12 AM
Mr-Haitch wrote:
Its an interesting debate actually. The way I seen personally, a race of robots might end up designing their machinery to have similarities to themselves, especially if they developed completely in isolation, with only themselves as reference to draw on.

This makes sense to me too...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 10:04:40 PM
Panzer wrote:
You love yourself a little too much....lol

If not I who else would love me then?

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:30:11 PM
Vicarious wrote:

This is highly original! I don't know what to say, this is absolutely genius! I love how you have scored out "Bourb" and then scribbled in "Automat" above it, this work is just awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 7:18:40 AM
pictures say more then thousand words XD

This is the coolest post i ever saw in this Forum o.O my god i love you! i cant stop laughing! man high five endless high fives

smiley: approval smiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approvalsmiley: approval
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 11:17:56 PM
ben_caleb wrote:
The problem I have is most of DigitalHawk96's designs look exactly the same. Panzer and Valhouth have variance.

I suppose they look similar because i aimed to have a common theme linking the ships together which included their general look/feel, the spinney, circular cog cores and the slinky shaped engine. However if i do get chosen I had suggested during the design stage that I would not hesitate to let the Amplitudes concept artists twiddle with my designs if they had to, 0Ray twiddled very well with the corvette sized ship and i can see that "lightening" and taking away its heavy block feel helped make the design a lot better than it was... I tend to be a little heavy handed with drawing and I need to soften my work.

Edit: I went and looked at my work again, Panzer's, Valhouth's and also the Endless Space ships etc. Yet, i still firmly believe my ships have a good amount of variance between them to be at the same variance level of the other factions. For instance Cravers adopted an arrowhead feel, scrapped together with those pipe engines. Horatio adopted an abstract art feel, lots of curves, balls and those hex boxes scattered around the ship. Mine will end up as the cog core, the slinky engine and the cylindrical feel brought on my the curves that just appear not just because of my engines shape, but also because of the curves that exist in the Automatons themselves, in their structures and in the actual shape of gears and cogs.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 1:16:35 AM
Sovereign wrote:

I love you Sovereign. You looked like a badass when attacking the Citadel. But you failed. Your ugly friend (Saren) was killed by Shepard and the Systems Alliance blew you up!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 1:11:58 AM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
My Aside: It seems that people will be voting for the Bicycle (Vahouth), the Cylinder (Me) or the Platform (Panzer). Very nice, well handled designs overall.

I laughed so hard when I've read "bicycle" lol

adder wrote:
it would be awesome if we could vote for each ship class.

so perhaps we can then choose a cruiser from Digitalhawk; a transport from panzer; a corvette from vahouth; ...

I agree. We could have some good variety on the Automaton ships by doing that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 9:31:30 PM
Even though the ship chosen for my entry is not my favorite, I tried to make a few tweaks here and there with my limited resources to make it to stand out a little bit more, but the angle doesn't do it justice IMHO.

0Ray if you're out there, your input will be most appreciated.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 7:00:56 PM
All those concept arts look very nice.

Perhaps I will play as the Automatons some day, if they will look like this smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 2:00:59 PM
Sovereign wrote:

I know that feeling man...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 11:08:30 PM
Panzer wrote:
But, as someone so awesomely said before, human ships look nothing like gigantic flying humans.

Not yet lol

nah, we can't tell how they would develop it, it's fine this way smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 9:57:54 PM
Sovereign wrote:
This Squid transformed into a Space Ship is a Reaper^^

Lets post a picture of myself Sovereign.

You love yourself a little too much....lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 9:46:19 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

This Squid transformed into a Space Ship is a Reaper^^

Lets post a picture of myself Sovereign.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 9:29:53 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
No seriously, after looking at it a while i only could see the top part of a squid head at the front... what is seen can not be unseen!

Its actually a really good shape but my mind likes to have fun with things once in a while; it usually is put to good use and leads to creative ideas but eventually i foresee insanity... internet and friend group has effected me too much...

I guess your right? haha I see the squid :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment