Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[EXP] System Invasion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 8:04:58 PM
After an invasion, a police force would be normally required to keep the peace and suppress the populace from uprising. Maybe the troop modules could be consumed through this?

Also, I'm all for taking this one step further, remake the troop module as a combat lander, give it some stats, (health, defense, speed) and let that determine the chance for successful orbital insertion. Combat landers could be destroyed during insertion, enemy defenses minus suppression values from orbiting fleet.

Oh and not a big fan of the sophon science leech bomb, it just seems silly - maybe a bomb that disables but doesnt destory enemy infrastructure? EMP bomb but really all races should have that...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:12:37 PM
iblise wrote:
Oh and not a big fan of the sophon science leech bomb, it just seems silly - maybe a bomb that disables but doesnt destory enemy infrastructure? EMP bomb but really all races should have that...

I agree on that one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
How would you like a sophon nanite bomb instead, leaving all pop and defense intact while converting enemy structures into science or dust?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 6:56:18 AM
Now that is a great idea, take it a step further and have it last over X turns and each turn the % effectiveness it can increase / decrease depending on the defenders... Think replicator swarm from SG1

More ideas for race specific bombs & troop modules.

Btw - I really really like the idea I suggested about making the troop modules into transport ships for orbital entry, chance to be shot down etc (you could do a brief animation screen too?) Makes it rather more enteraining and these could be predefined craft (no need for user designing) just heavy / medium / light versions that scale apporiately with tech.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 7:38:08 AM
On another note: Why don't we make race specific bombardments into debuffs?

Craver - Locust Swarm: Lasts x rounds, depending on attack/defense-ratio (rounded would be a simple solution). Transfers 50% of industry and food production to the craver swarm as long as it lasts.

Depopulation by starvation. smiley: wink

Optionally, it could add 1 LP per round it lasts, too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 7:50:37 AM
Hmm I think it would be nice, indeed, if each race had specific bombardment techniques:

- UE : Simple and human... If you can't shoot them, nuke them till they glow in the dark, then shoot them!

- Sophons : Simplicity bomb: Invasion of the enemy networks which destroys effective coordination and gives the attacker a bonus

- Amoeba: Flower Power: Powerful chemical attack neutralizing aggressiveness in the adversary, a total success means automatic surrender.

Just off the top of my head. Perhaps gonna come up with some later. But I definetly think that each race ought to have specific attacks / defenses, to add a bit of flavour....
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 7:59:07 AM
Sheredyn - Atmospheric incineration: Has a random chance in the following turns to destroy a random improvement or kill population due to a raging fire. As long as the debuff lasts, land invasion becomes impossible.

The Sheredyn bomb once and then wait for the fires to die out before invading. It might be interesting to bombard your own planets (with a heavy mood malus, of course) to keep enemies from invading, til a relief fleet barges in. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 8:12:39 AM
Sharidann wrote:

- Amoeba: Flower Power: Powerful chemical attack neutralizing aggressiveness in the adversary, a total success means automatic surrender.

I like that idea. To beef it out a bit more:

Amoeba - Psychoactive Rain: Increasing happiness in the planet by 10*attack/defense. If the system is ecstatic for three rounds in sequence, the full ownership transfers to the Amoeba.

Countermeasure: Make your people unhappy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 10:59:31 AM
Oh, devious, I like that ! smiley: smile

Nosferatiel wrote:
I like that idea. To beef it out a bit more:

Amoeba - Psychoactive Rain: Increasing happiness in the planet by 10*attack/defense. If the system is ecstatic for three rounds in sequence, the full ownership transfers to the Amoeba.

Countermeasure: Make your people unhappy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 11:35:43 AM
Pilgrim special attack: Diplomacy...they try to suborn the defenders and/or part of the population to emigrate... This in turn diminishes the resistance of the defenders. Disadvantage: the population may emigrate with buildings...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 11:42:26 AM
Sharidann wrote:
Pilgrim special attack: Diplomacy...they try to suborn the defenders and/or part of the population to emigrate... This in turn diminishes the resistance of the defenders. Disadvantage: the population may emigrate with buildings...

What about if the pilgrims convert the populace to their religion?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 12:00:32 PM
Even better. smiley: smile

I am just trying to come up with ideas which are in line with the specific lore of each race in the game. The religion thingie slipped my mind. smiley: frown

InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
What about if the pilgrims convert the populace to their religion?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 12:40:31 PM
Why don't we do it this way: Pilgrims don't bomb, pilgrims snatch away!

Pilgrim - Religious rebellion: Bombards a planet with propaganda, decreasing happiness for 10*attack/defense for x turns. Should the planet enter a revolt-state an errant fleet will be built that fills with 1 pop and 1 building per turn the revolution lasts, until only 1 pop is left or the happiness rises again.

Make them happy or shoot your own rebellious people. That would give the pilgrim affinity a very nasty turn to the better. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 3:43:59 PM
Gameplay-wise you're leaching pop from planets. Why not just that ? You get one pop on one of your planets and the enemy loses one pop. When the enemy loses their last pop you get one errant fleet with all the buildings of the invaded system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 5:06:43 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
Gameplay-wise you're leaching pop from planets. Why not just that ? You get one pop on one of your planets and the enemy loses one pop. When the enemy loses their last pop you get one errant fleet with all the buildings of the invaded system.

Because it would be nice if you could at least shoot down those damn rebels and "salvage" a bit of the loss, so to say, by denying the enemy the gain.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 7:43:59 PM
I really like the idea of stealing populace always wanted a slaver culture race where the max poplation was dependant on raiding opposing civilizations for slaves. It's a great idea just would put a bit of spin on the invasion design. I'm wondering if this could be coded into a hero trait now
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 12:45:21 PM
Lots of cute ideas and food for thought here. flower-power had me cracking up (in a good way) smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 3:08:53 PM
By the way: Isn't it time to move this to the design discussion section?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment