Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[EXP] System Invasion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 3:40:32 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
By the way: Isn't it time to move this to the design discussion section?

I actually mentioned this a little while ago: just in case they had anything to add, I needed a last confirmation from Meedoc and SpaceTroll!

This thread will now go public! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 3:45:06 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I actually mentioned this a little while ago: just in case they had anything to add, I needed a last confirmation from Meedoc and SpaceTroll!

This thread will now go public! smiley: smile

Very good. smiley: biggrin

People will probably need an hour to read, though. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 4:12:23 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Damn you VIP's!

smiley: biggrin

Did you also want to suggest flowerpower, ign? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 4:21:03 PM
nosferatiel wrote:
:d

did you also want to suggest flowerpower, ign? smiley: stickouttongue

yes dammit!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 4:37:37 PM
If Horatio troops are relatively cheaper, I wonder how do they conduct ground warfare. Do they throw mass of poorly equipped and trained clones into the combat?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 4:44:44 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
If Horatio troops are relatively cheaper, I wonder how do they conduct ground warfare. Do they throw mass of poorly equipped and trained clones into the combat?

I imagine the "human wave"-tactics of WWII-sowjet union and china, indeed.

Or the imperial troopers of star wars, probably shooting as badly. XD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 5:13:54 PM

Horatio troops can use their big bald heads as rams and thus disarm/knock down enemy troops or breach enemy fortifications... the "bang" I imagine that making almost makes me shudder....lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 5:14:47 PM

I would think that they would train one (or a squad) of Horatio to an extreme extent, and then clone them by the masses.

Equipment, on the other hand...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 5:34:27 PM
I have a question about this: "The invasion power is only defined thanks to Invasion Module of the different ships. Moreover, the progress is capped between a minimal (1) and a maximal (10) value. When the progress reaches 100% the system is conquered. No population nor improvements are destroyed. However, the initial ownership is very low. The maximal value should not exceed 10% to make a siege during 10 turn at least."

Does this mean that a siege with a scout that is say 1/10 the value of the defense (say 10 vs 100 defense) still works in 10 turns? Or, does it mean you cannot siege unless you have 10x the value (1,000 invasion vs. 100 defense) = 10 to 1, so 100/10 = 10 Turns. 10 Turns seems far too fast for a small fleet to accomplish as a "default" to me.

Another question - anything about a siege preventing the "selling" of system improvements? Or is that still an option?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 5:50:12 PM

Common Troop Modules

They are only used to invade system. Depending on their level, they require different resources: population, industry, strategic resources…

Just one question on a side note: Could troop transport not also be used to transfer population, e.g. raise population on border worlds to protect against invasion ?

Thanks and Regards,

Michael
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 5:55:02 PM
Vypuero wrote:
I have a question about this: "The invasion power is only defined thanks to Invasion Module of the different ships. Moreover, the progress is capped between a minimal (1) and a maximal (10) value. When the progress reaches 100% the system is conquered. No population nor improvements are destroyed. However, the initial ownership is very low. The maximal value should not exceed 10% to make a siege during 10 turn at least."

Does this mean that a siege with a scout that is say 1/10 the value of the defense (say 10 vs 100 defense) still works in 10 turns? Or, does it mean you cannot siege unless you have 10x the value (1,000 invasion vs. 100 defense) = 10 to 1, so 100/10 = 10 Turns. 10 Turns seems far too fast for a small fleet to accomplish as a "default" to me.

Another question - anything about a siege preventing the "selling" of system improvements? Or is that still an option?

There's this little line:

Meedoc wrote:
The invasion power is only defined thanks to Invasion Module of the different ships.

Do you have invasion modules on a scout? If not, then you cannot besiege the system. smiley: wink

It was suggested to deny selling buildings in systems under siege, by whom I don't remember, but I'm not sure this is the way it's gonna be, now... ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 6:36:09 PM
OK I get the invasion module part - but 10 turns as a default still seems too strong. If invasion is equal to defense, it should be 100 turns, not 10.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 6:49:22 PM
Vypuero wrote:
OK I get the invasion module part - but 10 turns as a default still seems too strong. If invasion is equal to defense, it should be 100 turns, not 10.

The game is probably over by then. (Or very close to being so)

EDIT: Oh you are talking about if Def. is Equal or close to being equal to Invasion Power. But even so, 100 turns would be way to long.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 6:54:16 PM
Right but that is the point - you can't invade unless you have enough force. Do you know if that was supposed to be a "minimum" as in no matter what the ratio is? or was it supposed to be a "minimum" as to what you need to be able to siege at all? I cannot tell from the original wording of the statement as it is ambiguous. So - I guess I am asking the game designer to clarify for me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 8:07:53 PM
When you say "invasion module", is that the bombing & troop modules? Or is there a third line of modules (so you'd have siege modules, bombing modules, and land invasion modules)?

Sorry, just finding the initial description confusing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 8:54:59 PM
A "science-leech" bomb for the Sophons is a very weak idea.

I'd rather suspect that a highly scientific race would come up with an elegant way to decimate the oposition, for example an EMP bomb that knocks out enemy hardware or soemthing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 9:07:02 PM
The instant land invasion is bad: Once a critical mass of invasion ships is reached it will be impossible to stop and you lose system after system in quick succession.

Generall all of this has the very real drawback that i can just pile on more ships: but the planet cant pile on more defenses.

All in all i dislike this alot.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 9:19:51 PM
This looks great, just what I wanted!

Just an idea... How about a Pilgrim specific bomb of destroying trade route, financial and industry facilities while leaving other things alone.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment