Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[EXP] Balancing

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 10:23:14 PM
I am sure this is intentional, but I find the change in the Tundra World interesting as it is a substantial buff to the sowers starting position. After all these changes, I think I'm going to want to play them again :P

Also, these changes are going to be applied to ES standard, and not just the ES expansion, correct? Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere and I missed it. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 8:29:07 AM
Oh, the homeworlds!

I feel they have a little too much of an impact as it stands now.

And the increase of planet-type-specialization that potentially will become even more drastical.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 9:40:29 PM
Hmm I am a little worried about this buff to the sowers because isn't that just returning them to their previous state? I'd have said a better way to balance them would have been to give them 45% rather than 40% and give them 65 points rather than 60.

I really am looking forward to playing this new build, I haven't had much energy to play lately but this looks like it will really give me a huge incentive to play and rekindle the fire once more smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 6:51:29 PM
I posted this here after I finished a game using 1.0.67 but I think it is probably more relevant to this thread.

KingJohnVI wrote:
A few other balancing considerations affected by the world value changes I've noticed now that I completed a game in its entirety:

The relative value of the Businessmen and Scientist Traits have increased due to worlds with higher base values for these statistics. Entrepreneurs is now relatively less valuable compared to Businessmen.

Expansion is now more important than ever. With new worlds having increased specialization, you have to expand very quickly in order to assure a good variety of worlds to keep up with your opponents in all areas.

Starting locations have a larger effect on the initial opening phase of the game: Having a poorer starting constellation is now slightly more difficult to overcome.

Production is King: With the increased Production to Dust/Science Conversion ratio, it is easier to convert to dust or science as necessary, but if you lack highly productive worlds, it is difficult to do the opposite and you fall behind more quickly.

Plentiful Dust: I haven't noticed this as much for science, but I found dust management much easier. In fact, in the game I just completed (turn 54), I only ever had to raise taxes once above 30%, and that was only for 1 turn.

Hope this helps.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 1:19:26 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Hmm I am a little worried about this buff to the sowers because isn't that just returning them to their previous state? I'd have said a better way to balance them would have been to give them 45% rather than 40% and give them 65 points rather than 60.

I really am looking forward to playing this new build, I haven't had much energy to play lately but this looks like it will really give me a huge incentive to play and rekindle the fire once more smiley: smile

Edit:this thread isent up to date (*Save* the Sowers Mod was posted later) sowers will get their NERF to 30% industrie conversion!

Not Exactly, in the prevoius state the Industrie to Dust/ Science was crazy 50%! High which was were theire true power lied.

And for the case

well the -X%smiley: food could still be increased.

why not just increase it to -60%

specialication is always better then pure nerfes.

(but 45% Conversion with 65 Race Traits Point is also totaly legit in the case of cases)

But i have to say iam realy positive surprised ; )

Iam gobsmacked.

i was thinking about to start a Save the Pilgrims movement after the Sowers would have been rescued.

But the Devs didnt forget them at all! Awesome!

I realy love the idea of the Golden Age ; D its Lore true and could be make the the Evacuation Ship (Remember its now cheaper then a common Colony Ship)

very usefull and valuable.

All in all this changes are a big step forward. Also for the MP cause i think now with this changes the races are finally more or less equal and with a little bit creativity every affinity can be used to create a powerfull race.

Even the Sheredyn just think what u can do with this -50% Buyout Bonus.

it adds new und more valuable Dust concentrate playstyles.

Because just to prevent the Enemy to flee well thats totaly UP...in MP this makes 0 difference and also the buggy Fleet Retreat card will also soon be fixed.

smiley: approval

And if the thing with the Influence can also be shaped in a decent form (which will bring also the Horatio their final fine sanding) this will make Endless Space truely a better game.

So Far Good Job Devs:

0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 2:01:44 PM
I like the changes.

And I feel like the population should be left as they are, promoting the more habitable and larger planets as better late game, and smaller more specialized planets as good early game planets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 2:47:30 PM
KingJohnVI wrote:
I am sure this is intentional, but I find the change in the Tundra World interesting as it is a substantial buff to the sowers starting position. After all these changes, I think I'm going to want to play them again :P

Also, these changes are going to be applied to ES standard, and not just the ES expansion, correct? Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere and I missed it. smiley: biggrin

I'm pretty sure it's going to be integrated to the standard version as somewhere in a dev comment they said they hoped to have the build running on Friday. Sower power to you, and let's hope our Sheredyn friends don't steal the show...
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 2:54:21 PM
Well you don't need to retreat when you are already a bad-ass.

http://i.imgur.com/2HDk8.jpg

I wonder if the denial to retreat works both ways? Then it could turn around to bite them in their asses.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 4:33:40 PM
vaendryl wrote:
desert planets go from 0 to 9 dust generation?

THE SPICE MUST FLOW! lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment